Details emerge about New Zealand woman dead in sea off Koh Phi Phi

snoop1130

Details emerge about New Zealand woman dead in sea off Koh Phi Phi

By Coconuts Bangkok

ghfhfghtj.JPG

Photo: Renee Hodgkinson/Facebook

Information has emerged about the young woman found floating dead in the water off Koh Phi Phi last week after leaving her tour group to remain on the island paradise.

Renee Joy Hodgkinson, 24, was a medic in the New Zealand Army and medical corps, and her family is “shattered” at her loss, reported New Zealand’s Stuff.  

Her body was found floating in the water between Phuket and Phi Phi on Wednesday, where she was spotted by a Myanmar national working on a boat.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/details-emerge-new-zealand-woman-dead-sea-off-koh-phi-phi/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-1-8

29 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Strange.  Why would she abandon the tour group?  

Perhaps she told the group leader?

Perhaps, if you contact the company, they will tell you?

(Probably a good idea to pretend you are a journalist)

A young attractive woman alone found dead while visiting the Thailand's southern islands. It quite possibly is a tragic accident, but one can't help but wonder if it was more than that. Perhaps I have been here too long.

I hope her family gets the closure they seek. My deepest condolences to them. 

13 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Look at the source of the information. The source has a vested interest in making this claim irrespective of its truthfulness or otherwise.

In short, don't believe it until confirmed by reliable sources.

11 hours ago, tifino said:

they'll implicate the Myanmar boatman for sure!

This did spring to mind. How far off shore was she found I wonder? I the seaman was involved it would have been stupid to claim to have found her. I've warned my nieces and granddaughters not to travel alone. Ah well.RIP

On 1/8/2018 at 6:52 PM, Just1Voice said:

Maybe she liked it there, better than the idea of going on the rest of the tour?  Maybe she wasn't interested in the rest of the tour anyway?  Maybe she didn't get on with other people in the tour and decided to call it quits?  Maybe she was tired and decided to quit traveling from place to place and instead just stay in one spot?  Maybe she met up with some friends and decided to stay and spend time with them?  There are a lot of reasons she might have left the tour early.

On 1/9/2018 at 8:25 AM, Borzandy said:

And strange why she was spotted by a Myanmar

They need to find a foreigner scapegoat, if it's not ruled a suicide. Despite Thailand having one of the highest murder rates in the world (certainly Asia): 3.51 murders/100,000 population (Cambodia: 1.84, Myanmar: 2.42, UK: 0.92, France: 1.58, okay U.S is even higher: 4.88) - if you believe the news, it's usually a foreigner from Myanmar or Cambodia. Round up the foreigners when there is a crime in Thailand... :ph34r:

May she R.I.P.!

Archived