BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

Some troll posts have already been removed

4 years & 9 months for raping a schoolgirl.

Probably served about half that. Comes out and kills someone.

The ultra-soft on crime UK!

RIP to the young lady.

3 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Pity immigration can't be bothered to flag these types upon entering Swampy airport and send them back before they legally enter. It states he was a convicted rapist in the story for crying out loud. If that does not send out warning bells to airport immigration  i don't know what will!

How on earth would anybody's UK (or any other country) criminal convictions be accessible by a Thai immigration officer at a border post / airport entry point?

Rip Young Lady. You Mr deserve all your going to get. I can't see the family getting any money either out of this. At least a couple of million bht for compensation would ease the families stress at this sad time. 

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

How on earth would anybody's UK (or any other country) criminal convictions be accessible by a Thai immigration officer at a border post / airport entry point?

I would have thought a convicted rapist  would send a very large red flag upon point of entry. I Know for a fact  he would be turned around at Sydney airport quicksmart.

49 minutes ago, BWPattaya said:

The only good thing to come out of this is that he will serve time, a long time, in Ban Kwang prison instead of a UK prison. Then if he lives long enough to be released and deported he will be arrested on arival in the UK and serve another sentence.  

I feel sorry for the victim and her family. 

God forbid he ever gets repatriated to serve his sentence in the UK.   If the cab rapist in the UK is any example, he would be out in a year and on benefits for the rest of his miserable existence. . 

I guess all those defending this Brit are now bowing their head in shame. This shows that farang can be as cowardly as Thais doing a runner when someone is in need of help. His past does not give him much credibility. 

Rip Young Lady. You Mr deserve all your going to get. I can't see the family getting any money either out of this. At least a couple of million bht for compensation would ease the families stress at this sad time.  I just wonder did he actually rape her and in the struggle  she has fell or pushed. 

1 minute ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

I would have thought a convicted rapist  would send a very large red flag upon point of entry. I Know for a fact  he would be turned around at Sydney airport quicksmart.

How would a Thai immigration officer at an airport have access to anybody's UK criminal convictions?

I'm wondering why if he was wanted in the UK for a "Class A" drug offence (not sure what that is) why wasn't he apprehended trying to leave the UK?  You can just run away like the Hi-Sos in Thailand?

Given his UK "activity log", choosing Pattaya as the place to clean up and start a new life throws some doubt as to the sincerity of his alleged endeavour.

Or maybe he was going to start volunteer work at Father Rays when when he finally got round to it?

1 minute ago, kalidescopemind said:

I'm wondering why if he was wanted in the UK for a "Class A" drug offence (not sure what that is) why wasn't he apprehended trying to leave the UK?  You can just run away like the Hi-Sos in Thailand?

One would imagine he has failed to turn up for a hearing or court date. Or even just that the investigation is still ongoing and charges have not yet been laid but detectives would like to interview him. It happens very, very often. Travel restrictions are imposed far less often than you might imagine, particularly on UK citizens.

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

That guilty bastard is not real British.

why, because he didn't use a knife or splash her with acid first?

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

How would a Thai immigration officer at an airport have access to anybody's UK criminal convictions?

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You sound somewhat concerned.