Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

webfact

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Benroon said:

So you want him convicted on the evidence of a past crime and not the current one ? Lets hope you don't get selected for the jury as there would be no point you turning up ! You could just convict him by letter !

Past  criminal activity is allowed as evidence provided  it is germane to the  crime being prosecuted. That is up to the presiding judge(s) to determine. In this case, the prior act was a violent rape resulting in serious physical harm. More importantly, there was an outstanding criminal warrant for an offence that rendered him illegible to enter Thailand. The man was already  guilty of an immigration offence simply by being present in Thailand as he was in an a inadmissible class. He lied to gain entry. When a person lies or misrepresents, any further claims from that person  are suspect and are poisoned. Furthermore he was  on overstay. Again, another offence.  The man has already demonstrated that he is violent scum. 

Or at least should legally not have been there for the past 59 days. None of this would have happened.

And now there will be a new crackdown on overstayers, as they will now be labeled as rapists, drug dealers and potential murderers.

RIP to the young girl.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

Sounds like a case of drunken naughtiness gone horribly wrong. The bloke obviously stupid for not helping her and fleeing the scene, but maybe he was aware that the local cops' ill repute would likely have him stitched up for something had he stuck around.

And it is sad how Thai suspects are able to cover their faces with hats, sunglasses and surgical masks when they get lifted while this guy's mug is viewable by all and sundry.

RIP to the girl, this guy is toast now and probably not for the reasons he should be. A sad case all round

First of all, nobody is guilty until proven guilty in a court of law.
but "naughtiness" sounds naive, disrespectful to the victim and out of place, doesn't it ???

Since he took the phones even though most everybody knows one can be located without a problem, what about another theory : he snuffed her. 
((erased) image and video memories of the phones to be checked thoroughly)

may she RIP, a terrible way to go, hope she is in a better place now.

22 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

yes definately a Brit with a name like that and his brother,s name gives the game away, lol

Interesting but I wonder how he qualified for a British passport and being an ex member of HM Armed Forces

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Mr policeman take him round the back and put a couple in his head .. do the world a favour 

Nup , too good for him .  The Bangkok Hilton much better , here he can reflect on his life as a failed in life piece of crap , oh and I doubt if he will get folk making his time any easier in there.  Good ridance to bad rubbish.

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Thai Immigration would not access to the UK systems to do the queries.  The UK does not encode sex offender criminals on the passport, so unless there is something sent to Interpol they would have no way of knowing.

The Thai immigration should adopt some policies like the US has. Like police certificates that certify you have no outstanding warrants or criminal conviction. I had to pay to have this done by Philippines police department to get a visa to the us for my girlfriend..

Just now, FitnessHealthTravel said:

He's 25 years old? He looks late 30's to me. Thailand was probably the only country that would let him in.  He's staying for a while now.

And as he spent time in the army , (four years?) and a few years in jail and him being able to leave the UK , when he would have been on the sex offenders list and outstanding warrants for his arrest , suggests that he was travelling on a fake passport

4 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

He's 25 years old? He looks late 30's to me.

According to his brother he's been abusing drugs since he left the military .

That will make you look a lot older.  

7 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Nup , too good for him .  The Bangkok Hilton much better , here he can reflect on his life as a failed in life piece of crap , oh and I doubt if he will get folk making his time any easier in there.  Good ridance to bad rubbish.

Lee Aldehouses new best freind

If the mirror has it right about his previous the only reason he was in Pattaya was to rape young looking girls, RIP to this unfortunate young girl. At least two occasions he has shown no respect to females, I reckon their could be more. 

3 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Well, according to the OP and the claims of the Sun & Mirror British tabloids this guy has lead a colourful life in his 25 years.

Classed as an ex-soldier (although couldn't have served for that long), jailed for rape for 4 years and nine months (although doesn't say how much time he actually did) and charged with Class A supply with an outstanding warrant against him, he does appear guilty before being charged the way he is being portrayed by the media.

Add to that his 59 day overstay in his attempt to 'start a new life' as claimed by his family, my mind would be made up already that this wasn't just an accident if I could only believe everything I read in the media.

Whether he is guilty or not is not the question; he did leave the scene without reporting the incident and he did take her phone. However, is he guilty of something else, if so, what? Was her death an accident or not? I suggest we may never know.

Now about potential time frames and reported facts  " Vella was jailed for four years and nine months in 2012 after he admitted raping a teenager in Worcester . . . Vella, a Royal Logistics Corps soldier before being medically discharged in his teens with a heart condition . . . ”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5290549/thailand-prostitute-death-british-man-arrested-balcony-sex/

So, if Vella is 25, he was born 1992, mol. Out of the Army in his teens, say 2011, so he would be 19; then, he served 4years 9months in jail--2012-2017, and then three or four months in Thailand, 2017. Hmm, just about 25; so not much time for that colorful life.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Whether he is guilty or not is not the question; he did leave the scene without reporting the incident and he did take her phone. However, is he guilty of something else, if so, what?

Causing death by negligence , which carries a maximum of ten years in jail in Thailand .

Just now, sanemax said:

Causing death by negligence , which carries a maximum of ten years in jail in Thailand .

The negligence may well be leaving the scene without reporting the potential death; thus hampering the effectiveness of her attempted resuscitation by delaying any rush to save her.

Sure looks bad for this guy,  based on the many stories he was arrested because he story changed a number of times?  First, he was in the bathroom now the story is she fell during climax. Now that is some powerful cum shot if you ask me?  When I was 25, I wish I had that type of power shot?

I wonder him being wanted in the U.K. will the U.K. ask for Extridiction, and Thai saying o.k. if we can have Yingluck?  Ha Ha

Sure if his past history is a indication of future behavior would be guilty. Without a witness that is his only defense since he has lied, took her phone, too stupid to realized he was caught on CCTV etc etc. and then trying to hide out on the Darkside Est Resort on Soi 7, Siam. 

:stoner:

7 minutes ago, smotherb said:

The negligence may well be leaving the scene without reporting the potential death; thus hampering the effectiveness of her attempted resuscitation by delaying any rush to save her.

No, the negligence was putting her on a balcony, five floors up and thrusting , causing her to fall

Some people are really clueless when it comes to the world we live in.

NO - Immigration can NOT "google" or do background checks on every ****** tourist that arrives in the country, every ********* day. Where do people get these ridiculous ideas ? 
Could you just imagine what it would be like if some ID-10-T tried to set something like that up ? Take your 1-2 hour Immigration queue and turn it into a 2-3 WEEK wait (bring snacks).
Thailand receives an estimated 3 million tourist arrivals per month. That works out to an average of over 4,150 per hour, every hour of every day of every week of every month of the year. Look at how long the Immigration lines are now. Imagine if they had to "google" and run (Interpol) database queries on every one of them (and then question them on the outcome of those searches, or lack of outcome) ? 

Keep in mind that some countries do NOT allow certain information to be casually shared with other countries (privacy laws and the like) so it would be near impossible for Thailand to check EACH and EVERY passenger on arrival anyways (but would add hours of delays while they tried any ways).

Even checking something like an Interpol database would add hours, if not days, to the Immigration process and would only show people that are CURRENTLY being sought, NOT those who may have "done their time" and been released long prior to their travel.

It would also be useless in the case where someone travels while using a false (or stolen) ID, like Michael Karas did when he fled from Canada to Thailand and a year later murdered a young woman before fleeing back to Canada, still using the same ID. (Karas was arrested after returning to Canada for parole violations and later admitted to having committed more bank robberies in order to try and avoid extradition to Thailand. He was finally extradited in 2011 and is sitting in Bang Kwan, though he tried to get transferred back to Canada last year as he and his lawyer figure that 5 years is more than enough time for murdering, mutilating and dismembering a young woman).
I think there was another case involving an American last year that was wanted in the US on rape charges, who was caught in Thailand (after coming here using stolen ID).

Immigration in a person's HOME country should, in most cases, be able to determine if one of THEIR citizens is on any kind of restricted list or has outstanding warrants, before that person leaves his/her HOME country. However you would still have the issue of people who have served their sentences (and are not travel restricted) or those travelling on false IDs, or those who travel to a different country and then travel to Thailand.
Keep in mind to that some countries have no problem with letting citizens with criminal histories travel freely. Remember that Brit that got involved in a scrap with local security at a disco in Pattaya back in 2012 (Patrick Malloy) ? He and his buddies ended up running through a restaurant on the beach side and jumped into Pattaya bay (and Malloy drowned). I recall that apparently he'd just - been - released from prison in the UK (where he'd served a couple years for some offence involving violence) and he (with some friends) decided to celebrate his release by flying to Thailand. I think some people tried the same argument back then "Why did Thailand let him into the country ?" when they should have been asking why the UK let him OUT of THEIR country in the first place. He'd just got out of prison days before (literally).

The problem is NOT with Thai Immigration, regardless of what some people on here think. The problem is with the Immigration services in THEIR home countries.

7 hours ago, z42 said:

Sounds like a case of drunken naughtiness gone horribly wrong. The bloke obviously stupid for not helping her and fleeing the scene, but maybe he was aware that the local cops' ill repute would likely have him stitched up for something had he stuck around.

And it is sad how Thai suspects are able to cover their faces with hats, sunglasses and surgical masks when they get lifted while this guy's mug is viewable by all and sundry.

RIP to the girl, this guy is toast now and probably not for the reasons he should be. A sad case all round

"The bloke obviously stupid for not helping her and fleeing the scene, but maybe he was aware that the local cops' ill repute would likely have him stitched up for something had he stuck around. "

Nothing to do with him being a wanted rapist and drug dealer then?

Some posters haven’t heard the old adage:
The best predictor of future behaviour is previous behaviour.

Rape isn’t always just about the actual sex. It is about power, violence and fear.
He could easily have forced the poor girl to lean over or balance on the rail of the balcony whilst he had sex. She would have been terrified. Afterwards, whether she fell or was pushed is irrelevant. He is responsible for her death.
I used to know a serial offender who didn’t always rape his victims. He used to terrify them, assault them , whilst holding them over a bridge parapet then throw them into the river or canal below.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Originally, I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt -- sex on a balcony is not murder or even necessarily criminally negligent, unless there's some evidence to make the latter so.

But IF the tabloid accounts from the UK are correct -- convicted rapist with a history of violence and on the run from a drug beef, and then tack on fleeing the scene, taking her phone, being on overstay AND then being arrested shortly thereafter in another beer bar -- it all becomes a bit too much to be giving him any slack at this point.

It sounds like he deserves to be in jail, for one reason or another, take your pick. So even if the Thai cops take the route of the balcony death as the means to end up putting him away, I'm not going to be crying any tears -- again, assuming the UK tabloid accounts of this guy's history are correct.

Archived