Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

webfact

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

Regarding his name, he may be British but from his brothers name and surname his family may have Greek/Maltese routes . Also his first name 'Reece' and his accent heard on the Police video are distinctly Welsh sounding . Yes is still Britain but not English . Not really of great importance either way , nor is the fact that I am English and don't get in trouble/smoke/drink or drugs. In fact I came to LOS to get away from all the dregs..Looks like they followed me unfortunately. 

Oh my God, he's Welsh, so he's a foreigner after all, original ancient British scum, it's all the druids fault, cut off his tentacles with a golden sickle.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Past  criminal activity is allowed as evidence provided  it is germane to the  crime being prosecuted. That is up to the presiding judge(s) to determine. In this case, the prior act was a violent rape resulting in serious physical harm. More importantly, there was an outstanding criminal warrant for an offence that rendered him illegible to enter Thailand. The man was already  guilty of an immigration offence simply by being present in Thailand as he was in an a inadmissible class. He lied to gain entry. When a person lies or misrepresents, any further claims from that person  are suspect and are poisoned. Furthermore he was  on overstay. Again, another offence.  The man has already demonstrated that he is violent scum. 

I thought past crimes could only be mentioned after being found guilty in order to determine the length of sentence. Mentioning past crimes could unduly bias the jury as to the guilt or not of this scum bag. 

19 minutes ago, natway09 said:

A classic case for Visas for entry into Thailand.

I know I will put a cat among the pidgeons here but with his past convictions of drugs & sexual harrassement 

SEA is the last place he should be allowed to travel to, if he should be allowed out at all

I agree but my problem is with the UK and western countries not Thailand. I have a chip in my USA passport. Easy for these countries to put notice on the chip or on the passport face page when a criminal gets a passport after leaving prison. But no these countries actually prefer their criminals to leave their country and go elsewhere for economic and social reasons. Thailand had no idea this young man was a convicted rapist and fleeing a drug charge. Would have been easy for the UK to tell the world of his criminal past in his freaking passport. 

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I thought past crimes could only be mentioned after being found guilty in order to determine the length of sentence. Mentioning past crimes could unduly bias the jury as to the guilt or not of this scum bag. 

there is no jury

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

I agree but my problem is with the UK and western countries not Thailand. I have a chip in my USA passport. Easy for these countries to put notice on the chip or on the passport face page when a criminal gets a passport after leaving prison. But no these countries actually prefer their criminals to leave their country and go elsewhere for economic and social reasons. Thailand had no idea this young man was a convicted rapist and fleeing a drug charge. 

The UK has similar restrictions , its very probable that he absconded from the UK illegally

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Whether he is guilty or not is not the question; he did leave the scene without reporting the incident and he did take her phone. However, is he guilty of something else, if so, what? Was her death an accident or not? I suggest we may never know.

Now about potential time frames and reported facts  " Vella was jailed for four years and nine months in 2012 after he admitted raping a teenager in Worcester . . . Vella, a Royal Logistics Corps soldier before being medically discharged in his teens with a heart condition . . . ”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5290549/thailand-prostitute-death-british-man-arrested-balcony-sex/

So, if Vella is 25, he was born 1992, mol. Out of the Army in his teens, say 2011, so he would be 19; then, he served 4years 9months in jail--2012-2017, and then three or four months in Thailand, 2017. Hmm, just about 25; so not much time for that colorful life.

He could have been sentenced to 4 years and 9 months, but may only have served a year of that time such is the British prison system these days. You forgot the drug related charges which I would assume happened after his release from prison.

Regardless, he seems to have crammed in a lot of bad sh1t into his short career.

44 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

A life in Thai prison would only need to be 10 years. Most don't make it that long due to conditions and no I doubt I will. This looks very open and shut he will get the brunt of it. Running and hiding wont help.

With a ten year maximum ( per someone else’s post, I have not checked) for this offense, before considering degrees of culpability, I very much doubt a maximum sentence will be given.

Most cases that I read about, where negligence is involved ( and more), fleeing has been a common occurrence which is not factored in during arrest / charging.... so to be fair, it should not herein

justice is supposed to be about equality under the law... let’s hope he is justly treated, and sentenced in accordance with Thai perps of the same persuasion... that would be good

any farang, wanting a farang to be held to a different standard in a local proceeding, is nuts.... dual standards in pricing etc etc is roundly condemned herein, as a rule.... dual standards in sentencing is the same deal.

10 hours ago, balo said:

Actually it has been reported he rented the bike , so maybe that part of the story is true. But he's been living here for 4 months so why would he rent a bike only for a few days. 

The guy is filthy lying scum. Been in jail 4 years for a vicous rape before and another stint for drugs and is currently on the run from the UK police

= LIAR, THIEF, MURDERER!

SIMPLE PLAIN FACTS. Keep in the BANGKOK Hilton for 20 years and he will get over raping and drugs.

55 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Let me throw into the mix, that the deceased  in fact was employed in an illegal occupation.Prostitution is by Thai law not permitted. For outlet owners such as bars, brothels, massage parlours etc they are not permitted to have women on the premises for prostitution. However as the law authorities cream money from these premises, they turn a blind eye.  (Source Wikipedia)

Indeed...

this wee fact equals less culpability, as it demonstrates consensual participation in stupidity...

no doubt he’s a bad boy, but he must be convicted on this incident, not on his past.

at face value, a prostitute died during an act of (reckless) stupidity (misadventure) ..... actions before, during and after are indicators of culpability.

15 minutes ago, farcanell said:

With a ten year maximum ( per someone else’s post, I have not checked) for this offense, before considering degrees of culpability, I very much doubt a maximum sentence will be given.

Most cases that I read about, where negligence is involved ( and more), fleeing has been a common occurrence which is not factored in during arrest / charging.... so to be fair, it should not herein

justice is supposed to be about equality under the law... let’s hope he is justly treated, and sentenced in accordance with Thai perps of the same persuasion... that would be good

any farang, wanting a farang to be held to a different standard in a local proceeding, is nuts.... dual standards in pricing etc etc is roundly condemned herein, as a rule.... dual standards in sentencing is the same deal.

I would think Fleeing is a sign of guilt. Taking the Phone would be another. Not willing to assist as she was not dead when she hit the ground. I would bet 10 years minimum.

Section 290. Manslaughter

Whoever, causes death to the other person by inflicting injury upon the body of such person without intent to cause death, shall be punished with imprisonment of three to fifteen years.

If the offence being committed under any of the circumstances mentioned in Section 289, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of three to twenty years.

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-murder-death-sections-288-294/

In Thailand, the Thai Criminal Code states that any person who kills another person shall be punished by death or imprisonment for a period of 15-20 years.

http://www.thailandlaw.org/thai-law-on-murder.html

Reading the conditions might make for some wiggle room on the sentence but I would doubt he gets less than 10 years. I will hope he gets more as his past and current warrants would suggest he is a criminal.

36 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Indeed...

this wee fact equals less culpability, as it demonstrates consensual participation in stupidity...

no doubt he’s a bad boy, but he must be convicted on this incident, not on his past.

at face value, a prostitute died during an act of (reckless) stupidity (misadventure) ..... actions before, during and after are indicators of culpability.

A young woman died here her profession is irrelevent.  Additionally at this stage we have no indication whatsoever that she was any sort of willing participant in any activity that led to her sad death.. She may have been brutally murdered !

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Whatever happened - he seems like a piece of trash to me - rapist, batterer, thief, druggie - starting a new life on overstay and all in his mid twenties .  One thing I do know is that this is going to cost his family big time to get out of this 'comfortably'. Personally I hope he rots in a thai prison for a good few years - that will certainly give him a new start in life. 

I agree with you, let this piece of scummy low-life rot till he goes to hell. We know something his background and that he chose to run rather than call the emergency services. What do I care if he isn't allowed to mask his face with a crash helmet. !

2 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

He should have never been in the Country in the first place! I never understand why the British government lets criminals freely travel as soon as they are released from prison.

Lee Aldhouse, Patrick Molloy etc

They come here wreak havoc and this board has many who rush to their defense because they are British.

In America, once a criminal is released from prison they are not allowed to leave the state, must report to a probation officer regularly, and absolutely no chance of getting a passport for several years.

We have a similar system in the UK, it is called being released on licence, any prisoner who is released early will continue the rest of their sentence duration on licence and will not be able to travel abroad, some prisoners are released with a life licence meaning they will never be able to travel abroad and even staying one night away from home has to be agreed with their governor.  

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

There were times that doing the 69 and the back door was the epitome

of kinky sex, nowadays it's not good enough where only doing in on the

the exteriors will do.... 

There were times but you have to go back many, many years for 69 and anal to be seen as kinky.  I was doing both over fifty years ago and it was normal practice then.  I think anyone with any imagination has fornicated in many places, sometimes out of necessity and sometimes just for the buzz.

But this isn't about sex, it is about a complete scumbag who hopefully will be getting some extended experience of anal sex (in the receiving role) in a Thai prison.

28 minutes ago, Gruff said:

A young woman died here her profession is irrelevent.  Additionally at this stage we have no indication whatsoever that she was any sort of willing participant in any activity that led to her sad death.. She may have been brutally murdered !

Of course her profession is relevant. Very relevant. It explains why she was there.... in absolute terms

additionally, as a prostitute (on the clock), it in highly indicative that she was a willing partner .... vs forced

and yes, she may have been murdered.... but he was arrested on suspicion of negligence causing others to die.... not murder or rape or for having weird sex.... but suspicion of negligence.

murder and rape and violence aren’t mentioned by police

Twice I have returned from Thailand ( Both times Thai Airways oddly .. must be the abundance of free alcohol) in the last 12 years and on landing at Heathrow no passengers allowed to disembark until UK Police can come on board and cuffed/arrested someone . Could be they were on licence or bail and decided to go for a holiday . Seems quite popular.

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

There were times that doing the 69 and the back door was the epitome

of kinky sex, nowadays it's not good enough where only doing in on the

the exteriors will do.... 

Yeah, but those times were like before the Kama Sutra, which was written about 2000 years ago!  

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

He could have been sentenced to 4 years and 9 months, but may only have served a year of that time such is the British prison system these days. You forgot the drug related charges which I would assume happened after his release from prison.

Regardless, he seems to have crammed in a lot of bad sh1t into his short career.

Couldn't find any time-related statements about his drug charges, have you? However, they could also have been between Army and prison. Again, could be a matter of days.

1 hour ago, KhunMhee said:

I would think Fleeing is a sign of guilt. Taking the Phone would be another. Not willing to assist as she was not dead when she hit the ground. I would bet 10 years minimum.

Section 290. Manslaughter

Whoever, causes death to the other person by inflicting injury upon the body of such person without intent to cause death, shall be punished with imprisonment of three to fifteen years.

If the offence being committed under any of the circumstances mentioned in Section 289, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of three to twenty years.

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-murder-death-sections-288-294/

http://www.thailandlaw.org/thai-law-on-murder.html

Reading the conditions might make for some wiggle room on the sentence but I would doubt he gets less than 10 years. I will hope he gets more as his past and current warrants would suggest he is a criminal.

A lovely bit of research.

now look up negligence causing death... that would seem more appropriate, given that’s the charge

8 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Twice I have returned from Thailand ( Both times Thai Airways oddly .. must be the abundance of free alcohol) in the last 12 years and on landing at Heathrow no passengers allowed to disembark until UK Police can come on board and cuffed/arrested someone . Could be they were on licence or bail and decided to go for a holiday . Seems quite popular.

Only time I ever landed at Heathrow, the police came on-board and cuffed a passenger. I thought that must be standard for returning Brits.

So not to say that what He described didn't happen..... But it would take a lot to get any kind of Thai woman to be naked on a balcony that the public could see and on top of that to have sex.  Thai woman know better then anybody that public nudity and sexual acts are huge nono's in thailand.(I know I am going to get flamed for that one)

On another note with over stays is that I think hoteliers/inn keepers/landlords should be required to look at the visa stamp in everyone's passport.  The exit date should be noted and if they are already past the visa stay they should contact immigration and say we have a visa expried guest.

My next is why the hell did the UK let him leave the country.  His passport should have been revoked and flagged.   Given Europe and the closeness of other countries and the ease to get into those countries he should have immediately been put into the interpol system.

I know I am judging what I want done to this low life based on his past but a leopard doesn't change their spots.  With that in mind his prior convictions should only be allowed into the view of the current case if and only if he wished to testify and give his account what happened.(That is the way the USA works). It helps to prevent what is being stated over and over again here.

But with that being said even a few years in a Thai jail with knowing that he was involved with Her death and I am sure the other Thai men will make sure he never has a chance to do that again before he would leave prison.

Best wishes to the family and friends that have all been affected by her tragic death.  RIP.

I think she wanted to go after some sex and he, whit kamagra in his body want to have some more. she say's no, more money and there's mr rapist not happy whit. cost her her life for just 1500b...  

And mr rapist steal he phone, leave and just go drinking like nothing hapened???

put this animal in jail for a long, long time!!

14 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Of course her profession is relevant. Very relevant. It explains why she was there.... in absolute terms

additionally, as a prostitute (on the clock), it in highly indicative that she was a willing partner .... vs forced

and yes, she may have been murdered.... but he was arrested on suspicion of negligence causing others to die.... not murder or rape or for having weird sex.... but suspicion of negligence.

murder and rape and violence aren’t mentioned by police

Someone mentioned in an earler thread on the sme subject as to why a 25 year old would pay for sex. This guy could have taken a 'non working' girl to his room and the same may well have happened. That is the pont i was getting at (the occupation of the girl does not make her in anyway culpable).

6 hours ago, Mattd said:

Unfortunately UK does not share any criminal record information with Thailand on a routine basis, so with anybody turning up on a British passport entering Thailand on a tourist visa or visa exemption, immigration would have no idea of any past crimes, no matter how bad they are, the only way that this could happen is if the UK had placed a Interpol notice on a person.

As far as I am aware, the only visas that requires a criminal record check prior to issuing are the O-A or O-X visas.

I can vouch for that. I had to provide a Police Criminal certificate showing that I had no criminal past when I got my O-A visa, which made me suddenly realize that the Thai authorities are not privy to our databases, hence the need for this certification. 

On a side note, the family claiming he was coming to Thailand to start a new life goes to show how uninformed they are. Without a year long visa, he was always one step away from being deported, border-runs aside, which he clearly couldn’t be bothered to do anyway. No, this guy went there with the full intention of disappearing from the authorities after his short-stay visa expired.

I also agree with those that say UK justice system and sentencing is a joke. A very sick joke on the UK public. Sadly, Thailand got to taste an example of our poor sentencing. If he’d been serving a proper sentence, this poor unfortunate girl would still be alive.

Archived