Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

webfact

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Couldn't find any time-related statements about his drug charges, have you? However, they could also have been between Army and prison. Again, could be a matter of days.

From the OP:

"Vella, a former soldier, was charged last year in conncetion with the supply of class A drugs and has a warrant outstanding against him"

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Well i am a bit surprised the suspect did not make this claim it may have been very hard to disprove. Effectively he has admitted his own culpablity.

Based on what has been reported, maybe. However, we should remember the reporting is not always best.

5 hours ago, chaihot said:

I agree and do not understand why it is so different. :(

I think because the second you put your foot inside Thailand you pretty much lose your “rights” as you would have back home dependant, of course, of where you come from.

3 hours ago, Daveyh said:

This type of behaviour is nothing new in British society of today as most of the younger generation have zero values in life other than their own. It's a sad fact that British people are looked down upon around the world as low lifes these days, who also lack manners, even politeness to others is something rarely witnessed & we only have ourselves to blame for it. This is so apparent when they travel overseas on holiday & their behaviour is apalling. I was once proud to be British & proud of the fact that I served my country in the military for 20+ yrs, now I'm even ashamed to admit it! Just look at the UK today to what it was say 50yrs ago when the UK was safe place to live & raise kids. All this politically correct bullshit, a justice system that no longer has penalties that fit the crimes committed, rape cases of children & young girls are at an all time high, no go areas, which are tolerated by the police, the disrespect for authority, immigration at intolerable levels & a mixture of cultures who will always be at each other throats etc etc. I could go on & on about our country which was once a great place to live. It's not that the times have changed it's our society that has imploded by useless politics, segregated schools, immigrants that do not & will not respect our culture or laws ever, the lack of discipline in schools, in the home & workplace. I doubt if the multicultural younger generations in the UK have any idea what honesty, integrity & loyalty even means, as it's definitely no longer in today's vocabulary. The way things are in UK & we can only blame ourselves for younger generation's behaviour due to our politics of tolerance of others, politically correct idiots in parliament, our policy on immigration & tolerance of allowing cultural beliefs, which are foreign to the UK, to take over our values etc in society today breeds youngsters that are totally out of control. Sadly, this lad is part of that generation who we have failed to make sure he has had the right start in life. Condolences to the young ladies family, which must be absolutely devastating to them, knowing full well that their future will continue to suffer hardships due to her passing ... RIP. 

That really is quite some rant as a result of the actions of one individual. There are good and bad of all Nationalities. No go areas in the UK were much more prevelent 20 to 30 years ago than today and i doubt that Brits have ever had a worse reputation abroad than the football hoolgan era which i guess was about 20 to 30 years ago as well.

And what generation were the likes of Peter Sutcliffe the Brady's the West;s from?

2 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

From the OP:

"Vella, a former soldier, was charged last year in conncetion with the supply of class A drugs and has a warrant outstanding against him"

Okay, then it must have been between prison and when he left the UK for Thailand. Still hardly a colorful life--Army, rape, prison, drugs, Thailand, this incident.

40 minutes ago, farcanell said:

A lovely bit of research.

now look up negligence causing death... that would seem more appropriate, given that’s the charge

Initial charge. They can and quite commonly add charges as an active investigation goes on. If you took the time to read it says death with out the intent to commit it. That will include negligence. Seems odd that you are white knighting the scum guy. Maybe you know him? And if you took the time to read what I sent links to Negligence was there as well and the sentence.

Section 291. Negligence

Whoever, doing the act by negligence and that act causing the other person to death, shall be imprisoned not more of ten years or fined not more of twenty thousand Baht.

Nothing to defend with this guy who is another farang scumbag on the run and who will regret not having being arrested in England.

He will get what he deserves in a Thai jail. And there nothing to ironise on the whole, regarding the context.

RIP to the poor girl.

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Because he originally from some  arab muslim country..

really, 'how green was my valley' Malta, and Greece have been suggested due to his name, could be a second generation Brit. Served his queen and country in the army so I doubt he was a new influx refugee.

2 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

Initial charge. They can and quite commonly add charges as an active investigation goes on. If you took the time to read it says death with out the intent to commit it. That will include negligence. Seems odd that you are white knighting the scum guy. Maybe you know him?

I think the wording included inflicting harm.... yes she was harmed, but did he inflict that harm? And if so, to what extent was his culpability?

if I am seen to be “white knighting” him ( good expression) then perhaps that’s because most other posters have illogically gone into a rampant hate/ revenge/ blood letting frenzy of posts, when on the face of it, this regrettable incident seems more like an accident, in unusual circumstances, (thus the charges as laid by the RTP)

Suggesting I know him is juvenile... but whatever floats your boat.

lay it out logically, sans emotion.... especially sans emotions about speculation, and you may be closer to my way of thinking

if during investigation, evidence of further wrong doings, show him to have committed a more grievous offense than misadventure, then I will change my “white knight” position, after all, I have already said he should he punished according to thai laws and norms.... like she would have been punished, if he had been precariously perched on a handrail, whilst receiving a final BJ... for example.

now... that said, I’m more interested in why so many farang are going so OTT by calling for penalties such as hanging, drawing and quartering, etc, which is what I am against... per my posts, without any evidence at all, just speculation.

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I think the wording included inflicting harm.... yes she was harmed, but did he inflict that harm? And if so, to what extent was his culpability?

if I am seen to be “white knighting” him ( good expression) then perhaps that’s because most other posters have illogically gone into a rampant hate/ revenge/ blood letting frenzy of posts, when on the face of it, this regrettable incident seems more like an accident, in unusual circumstances, (thus the charges as laid by the RTP)

Suggesting I know him is juvenile... but whatever floats your boat.

lay it out logically, sans emotion.... especially sans emotions about speculation, and you may be closer to my way of thinking

if during investigation, evidence of further wrong doings, show him to have committed a more grievous offense than misadventure, then I will change my “white knight” position, after all, I have already said he should he punished according to thai laws and norms.... like she would have been punished, if he had been precariously perched on a handrail, whilst receiving a final BJ... for example.

now... that said, I’m more interested in why so many farang are going so OTT by calling for penalties such as hanging, drawing and quartering, etc, which is what I am against... per my posts, without any evidence at all, just speculation.

As I said Jail time is all it requires. And I had taken the time to find what the law's in Thailand lean towards, we both know that it's changed in the past but I doubt a wai at the police station will do here. I had asked as you seem to be a defender for him that's why I would think perhaps you knew each other. I see things often the same way but I think the fact he has been caught with the phone (thus showing intent of theft) and had not helped her though she was still alive (thus showing 0 remorse for the "accident" if you will) makes for a pretty picture. I look at things logically and rarely use emotion but I also am practical in thinking if it smells like a dead fish it likely is. His past and his actions are what I would go off of. And I do applaud you for looking at the positive side in this as once in a rare while people are innocent when all things point differently.

7 minutes ago, farcanell said:

What was the crime?

Nobody really knows for sure, he appears to be a Maltese Brit who speaks with a Welsh accent and has a Greek name, done time as a rapist and is wanted in the UK on class A drug charges. The vicar at his local church says he will be sorely missed in the church choir on Sundays. 

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I thought past crimes could only be mentioned after being found guilty in order to determine the length of sentence. Mentioning past crimes could unduly bias the jury as to the guilt or not of this scum bag. 

What jury are you talking about, he will not be on trial in England will he.

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

Indeed...

this wee fact equals less culpability, as it demonstrates consensual participation in stupidity...

no doubt he’s a bad boy, but he must be convicted on this incident, not on his past.

at face value, a prostitute died during an act of (reckless) stupidity (misadventure) ..... actions before, during and after are indicators of culpability.

If you are talking about 'contributory negligence' acting to mitigate his culpability, I would have thought that her actions on the balcony would be relevant rather than her profession, in legal terms at least.

1 minute ago, puffy said:

What jury are you talking about, he will not be on trial in England will he.

No, but someone mentioned the finer points of law, I think in respect of the UK, whether the same laws apply here I don't know but that is academic as his past has been plastered all over the news papers,would make for a difficult fair trial in the UK, I don't suppose that matters too much here.

10 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

As I said Jail time is all it requires. And I had taken the time to find what the law's in Thailand lean towards, we both know that it's changed in the past but I doubt a wai at the police station will do here. I had asked as you seem to be a defender for him that's why I would think perhaps you knew each other. I see things often the same way but I think the fact he has been caught with the phone (thus showing intent of theft) and had not helped her though she was still alive (thus showing 0 remorse for the "accident" if you will) makes for a pretty picture. I look at things logically and rarely use emotion but I also am practical in thinking if it smells like a dead fish it likely is. His past and his actions are what I would go off of. And I do applaud you for looking at the positive side in this as once in a rare while people are innocent when all things point differently.

There ya go.... and yes, dead fish smells usually indicate dead fish... but sometimes you’ve gotta watch for baited traps smelling of dead fish

eg... he took her phone... yep... he was in a panic, thought it was his and grabbed it before exfiltration... not nessesarily theft.

eg... scum for not helping... yep... but, after jumping into his kit, he went downstairs, and found a growing mob taking selfies around an inert body, and he panicked and fled the scene, thinking she was toast after falling five floors.

this is counter speculation, but it all tallies with his account, and the police seemed happy enough with that ( but that’s not really saying much.)

as a minimum, this guy, wether proved to be scum, or just unlucky in love, has a damn good story to explain his actions... with no one seemingly able to effectively debunk it... yet.

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

as a minimum, this guy, wether proved to be scum, or just unlucky in love, has a damn good story to explain his actions... with no one seemingly able to effectively debunk it... yet.

will the judge care?

prob think his story is BS

toast

12 minutes ago, Slip said:

If you are talking about 'contributory negligence' acting to mitigate his culpability, I would have thought that her actions on the balcony would be relevant rather than her profession, in legal terms at least.

Agreed... but I still think her profession will be included in evidence, and that it’s relevant... please do note that I didnt bring up the issue of her profession on these pages, but simply responded on the topic of its relevance.

4 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

will the judge care?

prob think his story is BS

toast

Do you think the judge should care?

if he doesn’t care... is justice served?

Right or wrong, he may be toast... but is that right or wrong?

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Did you bother to read the bit about him being a violent rapist convicted in the UK? To me it certainly doesn't sound like a case of drunken naughtiness gone horribly wrong. However Mr Vella, convicted rapist, on-the-run drug dealer & overstayer, would certainly like you to believe it was. The only other witness cannot talk.

yes...

but unless the autopsy reveals clues about violence or other proof is found, the story of him deliberately throwing from the balcony a girl that was very probably willing to do his sexual bidding is pure nonsense and the accident is very likely.

I certainly won't feel sorry for anything bad that happens to this "quality tourist", but I like to maintain intellectual honesty when looking at facts.

Apparently, many don't have the capability of doing so.

2 hours ago, Calover said:

So not to say that what He described didn't happen..... But it would take a lot to get any kind of Thai woman to be naked on a balcony that the public could see and on top of that to have sex.  Thai woman know better then anybody that public nudity and sexual acts are huge nono's in thailand.(I know I am going to get flamed for that one)

555555555555 +++

you really are a newbie!

the lady worked on soi 6...  they are usually not the sharpest knife in the drawer as well as ready for anything, especially when drunk or high.

RIP to the lady in any case.

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

There were times that doing the 69 and the back door was the epitome

of kinky sex, nowadays it's not good enough where only doing in on the

the exteriors will do.... 

apparently, some people are born old-fashioned...

Archived