Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

webfact

5 minutes ago, manarak said:

yes...

but unless the autopsy reveals clues about violence or other proof is found, the story of him deliberately throwing from the balcony a girl that was very probably willing to do his sexual bidding is pure nonsense and the accident is very likely.

I certainly won't feel sorry for anything bad that happens to this "quality tourist", but I like to maintain intellectual honesty when looking at facts.

Apparently, many don't have the capability of doing so.

Intellectual honesty? :sleepy: All I read in the above is another contributor pushing an accident scenario for a convicted violent rapist on the run.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Agreed... but I still think her profession will be included in evidence, and that it’s relevant... please do note that I didnt bring up the issue of her profession on these pages, but simply responded on the topic of its relevance.

Duly noted.  I have to be honest that my comments come in light of my own experience and limited study of the law back home.  I can't see how her profession would be legally relevant, but I can see how it could be enormously relevant in practical terms, especially in a country that doesn't use juries but only judges.

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

I think the wording included inflicting harm.... yes she was harmed, but did he inflict that harm? And if so, to what extent was his culpability?

if I am seen to be “white knighting” him ( good expression) then perhaps that’s because most other posters have illogically gone into a rampant hate/ revenge/ blood letting frenzy of posts, when on the face of it, this regrettable incident seems more like an accident, in unusual circumstances, (thus the charges as laid by the RTP)

Suggesting I know him is juvenile... but whatever floats your boat.

lay it out logically, sans emotion.... especially sans emotions about speculation, and you may be closer to my way of thinking

if during investigation, evidence of further wrong doings, show him to have committed a more grievous offense than misadventure, then I will change my “white knight” position, after all, I have already said he should he punished according to thai laws and norms.... like she would have been punished, if he had been precariously perched on a handrail, whilst receiving a final BJ... for example.

now... that said, I’m more interested in why so many farang are going so OTT by calling for penalties such as hanging, drawing and quartering, etc, which is what I am against... per my posts, without any evidence at all, just speculation.

Common sense at last, well said !

24 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I believe the accident scenario is being pushed by the defendant and that the police are accepting of this, unlike some posters here.

.... and are they also accepting his cock and bull story for scarpering after the event... ?

45 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Intellectual honesty? :sleepy: All I read in the above is another contributor pushing an accident scenario for a convicted violent rapist on the run.

I am pushing nothing, I look for the most probable way things happened according to FACTS.

you on the other hand are pushing the worst possible scenario in total disregard of the facts, simply based on what the guy did in his past.

intellectual dishonesty right there.

52 minutes ago, manarak said:

555555555555 +++

you really are a newbie!

the lady worked on soi 6...  they are usually not the sharpest knife in the drawer as well as ready for anything, especially when drunk or high.

RIP to the lady in any case.

I think Calover makes a fare point.

Such brazen acts are not the 'norm' from Thai girls - whether from soi 6 or not.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Trust me I have.... soi 6 .... and beyond.

Perhaps you are more of a bottom feeder .........

I guess in the "and beyond" you visited, whatever that might be (if there is some reality to it at all), there were only shy girls as well...

out of arguments? resort to insults, no problem :-)

8 hours ago, JRUSA said:

The Thai immigration should adopt some policies like the US has. Like police certificates that certify you have no outstanding warrants or criminal conviction. I had to pay to have this done by Philippines police department to get a visa to the us for my girlfriend..

Thing is, here in the UK we do have to provide a criminal check certificate for a longtime visa in Thailand. As I pointed out in one of my earlier posts, that’s precisely what I had to do for my own O-A visa. The problem here was that Mr. Vallas didn’t obtain a visa, hence why he became an illegal overstayer. No doubt he came in on a standard visa exempt. He sure wasn’t a law abiding traveler.

I do hope that Mr Vallas now gets his wish and stays in Thailand for another 20 years, preferably in the Bangkok Hilton. And before anyone decides to jump on me about innocent until proven guilty, I could care less. This guy is a piece of filth that should’ve still been serving time in an English prison, not entering Thailand illegally with an outstanding warrant to his name, but thanks to my own country’s useless justice system this piece of work was able to abscond and cause the death of a young girl.

3 minutes ago, manarak said:

I guess in the "and beyond" you visited, whatever that might be (if there is some reality to it at all), there were only shy girls as well...

out of arguments? resort to insults, no problem :-)

No insults, just hazarding a guess. Your experiences differ from the majority.

...Yes, almost without exception they were shy. Numerically, I would say over 95%...... based on a survey of 100+. I would guarantee not one would have shagged on a hotel balcony.

28 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

.... and are they also accepting his cock and bull story for scarpering after the event... ?

According to the police, seemingly so.

i havent yet read anywhere that they are overly concerned about the running away bit, supported with charges only relating to the fall, overstay and stealing a bike at night, which he denied

I think there is good reason why previous assaults are not permitted as evidence usually.

You just have to accept this guy is innocent until proven guilty.

Getting charged and arrested is just a formality. In Thailand you will get arrested for having a smoke on a beach..

7 minutes ago, farcanell said:

According to the police, seemingly so.

i havent yet read anywhere that they are overly concerned about the running away bit, supported with charges only relating to the fall, overstay and stealing a bike at night, which he denied

Not according to the police quote here:-

"He said he fled because he was scared of the police because he was overstaying," Lt Col Piyapong said.

"But fearing of overstaying shouldn't have made him leave the woman like that, so we believed he was involved in her death."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-42621759

16 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

not entering Thailand illegally with an outstanding warrant to his name,

How do you know he entered illegally? 

the bench warrant was issued after he left the country.... but hey... whatever it takes to meet your agenda.

as yet, I haven’t been able to find a link to his past conviction, but as you claim he should still be locked up, perhaps you have more info and might share

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

now... that said, I’m more interested in why so many farang are going so OTT by calling for penalties such as hanging, drawing and quartering, etc, which is what I am against... per my posts, without any evidence at all, just speculation.

The general consensus is that he should receive the punishment to fit his crimes .

Whether that be causing death by negligence, manslaughter or murder

No one has suggested that he should be hung drawn and quartered, if there was a person who suggested that, then thats not the general consensus .

It may well have been an accident, but going by what has been reported, it doesnt seem like this was an acident

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The general consensus is that he should receive the punishment to fit his crimes .

Whether that be causing death by negligence, manslaughter or murder

No one has suggested that he should be hung drawn and quartered, if there was a person who suggested that, then thats not the general consensus .

It may well have been an accident, but going by what has been reported, it doesnt seem like this was an acident

The general consensus is that Vella is scum, who should be shot or imprisoned ( with key tossed) and that he gets some unwanted loving whilst incarcerated.

i really don’t need to make stuff up.... the post about hanging drawing and quartering was styled “ braveheart” treatment... which is very specifically being hung drawn and quartered ( for high treason)

and going by whats reported, vs speculation, it seems like an accident, with police saying “ we think this kinky sex on the balcony caused her to fall

12 minutes ago, farcanell said:

How do you know he entered illegally? 

the bench warrant was issued after he left the country.... but hey... whatever it takes to meet your agenda.

as yet, I haven’t been able to find a link to his past conviction, but as you claim he should still be locked up, perhaps you have more info and might share

And my I ask what’s your agenda? Are you applying to be his defense lawyer? You must have posted numerous comments on these boards in defense of this guy’s actions, which goes way beyond the normal partisan observer. My claim, as you so put it, was that he should never have been allowed to travel to begin with. Also, that he should have been serving a longer prison sentence for his previous crime: the one of rape and battery of a teenager - I made that quite clear. You strike me as someone that’s taking great delight in nitpicking other poster’s comments, but ignoring the fact that he was an illegal overstayer, a thief, and someone that was involved in a young girl’s death. Your remarks about being relieved that some of us aren’t part of the jury is insignificant as none of us will be asked to begin with. Are you going to now question whether a rapist isn’t on a UK Sex Offenders register? And as you probably already know, being such an honourable legal eagle, that registered sex offenders are required to notify the police taken by the MOSOVO officer of all foreign travel. OK, I might have missed the latest update that the bench warrant for another offense was issued after he left the country, but I only have your word for that so far. I’m sure you’ll be just as selective with what’s being reported elsewhere, so big deal. He’s still someone that came to a country with the intention of breaking the immigration rules, stole and was involved in a girl’s death. Can we agree on that, Mr Perry Mason?

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Being involved with her death leaving an dying victim alone and stealing her phone.. 

u cant read?

None of which he is being charged with... so yer, I can read.... and as these are not his crimes (no charges laid)... I ask again, what was the very despicable crime you referenced?

and I asked nicely... no sarcasm etc included... try it.

16 hours ago, balo said:

Actually it has been reported he rented the bike , so maybe that part of the story is true. But he's been living here for 4 months so why would he rent a bike only for a few days. 

There's a lot of people staying on a low budget renting a mc just for a couple of days when they need it, so that's not a defence !

26 minutes ago, farcanell said:

it seems like an accident, with police saying “ we think this kinky sex on the balcony caused her to fall

So - who forced the action to the balcony and on to the handrail? The woman?

If that is what happened - a dangerous (balancing) act - trying to avoid the plunge and cheating death

against or on, the handrail. 

Just sex on the balcony floor in missionary or other position on the floor will not have that crazy sorry outcome! 

The responsibility is in any way on the guys side! :post-4641-1156693976:

6 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

And my I ask what’s your agenda? Are you applying to be his defense lawyer? You must have posted numerous comments on these boards in defense of this guy’s actions, which goes way beyond the normal partisan observer. My claim, as you so put it, was that he should never have been allowed to travel to begin with. Also, that he should have been serving a longer prison sentence for his previous crime: the one of rape and battery of a teenager - I made that quite clear. You strike me as someone that’s taking great delight in nitpicking other poster’s comments, but ignoring the fact that he was an illegal overstayer, a thief, and someone that was involved in a young girl’s death. Your remarks about being relieved that some of us aren’t part of the jury is insignificant as none of us will be asked to begin with. Are you going to now question whether a rapist isn’t on a UK Sex Offenders register? And as you probably already know, being such an honourable legal eagle, that registered sex offenders are required to notify the police taken by the MOSOVO officer of all foreign travel. OK, I might have missed the latest update that the bench warrant for another offense was issued after he left the country, but I only have your word for that so far. I’m sure you’ll be just as selective with what’s being reported elsewhere, so big deal. He’s still someone that came to a country with the intention of breaking the immigration rules, stole and was involved in a girl’s death. Can we agree on that, Mr Perry Mason?

No... and to answer your attack;

i have made posts in defense of my opinion, as I am doing here, and I am not so much defending his actions, but more, defending the rights of  farangs to getting fair treatment in Thailand... even from vitriolic posters... FYI..i started posting back on page 12, I think... start at the beginning to see my position clearly

next... your opinion is that he should still be in jail... ok, but it’s the opinion of HM, that he should not be in prison. Perhaps you might google a reference to the other crime and find out why he’s no longer incarcerated.

next... nitpicking? s***, I’m happy to pick the whole thing.... for example... I don’t recall having made any comment about being relieved that some posters aren’t on a jury... sorry to nitpick

next... an illegal overstayer... shiver me timber’s... 59 Days... you gotta be kidding me if you think this makes him a bad person.

next... theft of a bike. A charge being denied, but obviously there is some confusion on this matter.

next... involved in a girls death... yep... well he did admit to that, and I have never tried to say otherwise... so... duh.

next.... I have no idea about how the UK sex offenders thing is dealt with in the UK...,I’m not from there, and haven’t commented on this... but I assume the UK government, who let him travel, does know about such things

next... google Vella... and confirm for yourself about the bench warrant being issued following a no show in court.

next... intention o breaking immigration rules... how do you know his intent. Perhaps he intended to sort out increasing his length of stay by legal means.. they do exist... and can be done in country (for example, I never got any paperwork to stay long term, prior to arrival, but hello... here I am)

next... you really make this easy... all comments are in response to you and as such aren’t nitpicking, it’s a comprehensive trashing of your post, with the only common ground being that, as admitted... and as being investigated, he was involved in the girls death.

try again... But harder.

12 hours ago, lvr181 said:

"Manager said in a headline that the couple were engaging in "kinky and weird sex"." (my italics).

Could the Manager define 'kinky and weird sex'? Perhaps he/she has only ever used the missionary position?  Was he/she watching? :whistling:

Well, the manager may have said that, but how does the manager know that?  Was he watching?  Is he an eye witness? 

Archived