Russian, Thai and Korean killed in motorcycle accident in Pattaya

webfact

Russian, Thai and Korean killed in motorcycle accident in Pattaya

By The Nation

acc.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

Three people were killed when a high-powered motorcycle hit a pedestrian in Pattaya early on Tuesday.

A Russian tourist and a Thai woman passenger were killed when the Kawasaki Z900 motorcycle they were riding hit and killed a South Korean man who was crossing the road in front of Soi Pattaya 7 in Tambon Nongplue of Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 12.10am.

The Russian was identified as Aleksandr Zakharov, 22, and the Korean tourist as Yongseok Choi, 20. The woman, who is believed to be about 20 to 25 years old, has yet to be identified, Pol Capt Sombat Kaewmoolsuk, deputy inspector of Pattaya police station, said.

Witnesses told police that the Russian was riding the motorcycle at high speed with the woman sitting on the back.

The motorcycle hit one of a group of tourists who were attempting to cross the street in front of Soi Pattaya 7.

The three bodies were taken to the Bang Lamung Hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335776

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-09

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If young lunatics on high powered bikes want to kill themselves no problem,but leave the innocent victims out of it...die alone.

R.I.P. to the young lady unfortunate enough to be sharing the bike with this idiot and to the Korean who was caught up in yet more carnage on Thailands roads :wai:

The authorities can try whatever methods they think will keep road deaths down, {7-7-7 comes to mind), but nothing will work when a 22 y.o.tourist hires a high-powered bike, riding it, thinking he is Valentino Rossi, and killing innocent people in the process.

R.I.P. to the innocent victims.

ihave often seen and heard young thai woman on the back of motorcycles driven by this type of bullie...too scared to say stop just hoping she will make it home alive,...one of the many morals of this tradgedy is '' SPEAK UP''..do not be bullied by taxi drivers, mini van drivers ,boat operators or in this case ...a Russian with a '' James Dean ''death wish...SPEAK UP...

20 minutes ago, petermik said:

If young lunatics on high powered bikes want to kill themselves no problem,but leave the innocent victims out of it...die alone.

R.I.P. to the young lady unfortunate enough to be sharing the bike with this idiot and to the Korean who was caught up in yet more carnage on Thailands roads :wai:

and not a thing will change or be learned from this avoidable tragedy, pay the money and off you go, doesn't matter about a licence who gives a toss, and the renter of this death machine will never be held accountable **MONEY NUMBER ONE** for renting to someone unqualified to ride

Three people are now dead because of lack of regulation and allowing this kid to hire something he shouldn't, a motorcycle like this requires years of training and experience to ride safely - he very obviously had no such skills the fact he was speeding on beach road

RIP to all concerned - how tragic and all in the name of money and corruption 

Did he have any experience riding this type of big bikes ?  Probably not , maybe he not even had the license to ride it. They should not be allowed to rent out to tourists but tell that to the people earning good money on this .  It can't be stopped. RIP. 

Another Russian lunatic thinking he's somewhere in the wild west causing the death of 2 innocent people. When are the Pattaya authorities (and elsewhere in Thailand) be able to separate/identify the many rapists and other international filfth from those the city really needs which are tourists, expats & retirees who behave normal!? Sadly we know the answer already..... NEVER!! RIP to the Thai and Korean victim.

My first week in Chiang Mai I came inches from being hit by a regular 100/125 type motorcycle that blew through zebra crossing I was in the middle of with pedestrian light green and the traffic light above me red.  Never saw the moron as he came from in between two cars on a three lane, one-way road.  That was my first lesson regarding the danger and utter stupidity of Thai driving.  Still jerks a reaction out of me simply thinking about.  It now interesting the habits I've developed instinctively.  Cross a road and my eyes are constantly scanning both directions, always looking at the periphery, scanning.  What gets you will come from the direction you least expect.  When I turn onto dual lane carriageways or one way roads, it's instinct: look to see if someone is driving down the road the wrong way.  I don't even think about it any more. 

29 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Another Russian lunatic thinking he's somewhere in the wild west causing the death of 2 innocent people. When are the Pattaya authorities (and elsewhere in Thailand) be able to separate/identify the many rapists and other international filfth from those the city really needs which are tourists, expats & retirees who behave normal!? Sadly we know the answer already..... NEVER!! RIP to the Thai and Korean victim.

I will give you right about almost everything but the Thai lady could just say no but seriously Thai love high speed too

3 hours ago, smedly said:

and not a thing will change or be learned from this avoidable tragedy, pay the money and off you go, doesn't matter about a licence who gives a toss, and the renter of this death machine will never be held accountable **MONEY NUMBER ONE** for renting to someone unqualified to ride

Three people are now dead because of lack of regulation and allowing this kid to hire something he shouldn't, a motorcycle like this requires years of training and experience to ride safely - he very obviously had no such skills the fact he was speeding on beach road

According to Facebook the Russian lived here and was the girl's "boyfriend".  He was well known for driving his bike fast and for not wearing a helmet.  The girl worked on soi 6.   

Over 450 people had been killed during the new year week in Thailand , more in Songkran festival . In Pattaya right now , myself a pedestrian, I find more difficult to go across the road at Pattaya Klang and third rd . The drivers have no care about the pedestrians . Zebra crossings in some areas is shockingly ignored by the drivers especially at the beach rd and second rd . 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I agree, the motorcycle owner who rented the machine needs to be questioned. If the guy does not have a valid big bike licence he or she should be held accountable and complicit in the deaths of all of them.

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

ihave often seen and heard young thai woman on the back of motorcycles driven by this type of bullie...too scared to say stop just hoping she will make it home alive,...one of the many morals of this tradgedy is '' SPEAK UP''..do not be bullied by taxi drivers, mini van drivers ,boat operators or in this case ...a Russian with a '' James Dean ''death wish...SPEAK UP...

I once spoke up at a minivan driver (I try and avoid using them as much as possible as I know what kind of death traps they are) but this guy was texting whilst driving us between Thailand and Hua Hin. He would go through phases of texting for a few minutes, putting the phone down and concentrating g on driving again. When I spoke to him about that, he later started to cut his nails whilst driving lol.. 

1 minute ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

I once spoke up at a minivan driver (I try and avoid using them as much as possible as I know what kind of death traps they are) but this guy was texting whilst driving us between Thailand and Hua Hin. He would go through phases of texting for a few minutes, putting the phone down and concentrating g on driving again. When I spoke to him about that, he later started to cut his nails whilst driving lol.. 

and, did you get out of the car ?

28 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

According to Facebook the Russian lived here and was the girl's "boyfriend".  He was well known for driving his bike fast and for not wearing a helmet.  The girl worked on soi 6.   

Source ? 

5 hours ago, petermik said:

very sad all round but i do have to say some of these Asian people are like children crossing the road there lead across the roads like sheep without a care in the world. i would not trust my life with anyone.

900cc bike is too much for a young kid. I had a 1100cc Suzuki but I got it when I was in my 30's. I f I had it when I was younger I would have killed my self. These bikes are fast. I sold mine when the kids were born.

As my dad said it's like giving a monkey a loaded revolver.

The great pity is that Koreans and the like (ie Chinese) seem to think they can just walk across the road, regardless of traffic...they are the most stupid people, I am sorry to say.

If you ride even a moped around Pattaya day or night, they seem to just step out in front of you, they don't even look?

That's not to say the bloody stupid Russian thrashing a huge bike down a city road late at night is not equally to blame.

Why are they even allowed to rent these death machines?  They are great bikes, but on a race track wearing safety clothing etc.

R I P

Crossing a road, especially Beach Rd and Second Rd are the hazardous moments of anyone's day in Pattaya. And at night truly dangerous. 

Speed bumps is the only answer, since there is no law enforcement here, speed bumps is the only way to stop city streets turning into highway.  Not even highway, more like a race track, except race track with people walking across it. 

I got hit by a motorcycle taxi on Beach Road near Festival. I didn't see him because he was behind a van, then sped around it. Now I am fearful crossing a street. Would have been hard for the Korean to see the Russian coming. The Russian was probably swerving around vehicles. The idea of stopping traffic for pedestrians was a good idea in principle. 

Archived