Russian, Thai and Korean killed in motorcycle accident in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mok199 said:

ihave often seen and heard young thai woman on the back of motorcycles driven by this type of bullie...too scared to say stop just hoping she will make it home alive,...one of the many morals of this tradgedy is '' SPEAK UP''..do not be bullied by taxi drivers, mini van drivers ,boat operators or in this case ...a Russian with a '' James Dean ''death wish...SPEAK UP...

How did you hear them if they too scared to say anything?

49 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

900cc bike is too much for a young kid. I had a 1100cc Suzuki but I got it when I was in my 30's. I f I had it when I was younger I would have killed my self. These bikes are fast. I sold mine when the kids were born.

As my dad said it's like giving a monkey a loaded revolver.

I had a Kwaka 900 when I was 19. I'm 62 now and still have my old Harley. I've had a multitude of bikes in between.

Can't blame the bike the for the accident.

Try riding any of the 350/500's etc on the market these days. They are very, very fast (scarily fast). Some of them will easily outperform the 750's of the early 1970's. The size of the motor is mostly irrelevant nowadays.

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

ihave often seen and heard young thai woman on the back of motorcycles driven by this type of bullie...too scared to say stop just hoping she will make it home alive,...one of the many morals of this tradgedy is '' SPEAK UP''..do not be bullied by taxi drivers, mini van drivers ,boat operators or in this case ...a Russian with a '' James Dean ''death wish...SPEAK UP...

In a  country where speaking up lands  you in jail.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Did he have any experience riding this type of big bikes ?  Probably not , maybe he not even had the license to ride it. They should not be allowed to rent out to tourists but tell that to the people earning good money on this .  It can't be stopped. RIP. 

How do you know the Russian rented this motorcycle?

26 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Numerous Facebook friends including the soi 6 bar where she worked.

So this is the second soi 6 girl that dies within 24 hours.  Dangerous profession being a bargirl . R.I.P.

International resort town - international death toll.  the place gets worse and worse....
the only way to begin stopping and slowing the traffic is speed bumps as mentioned every 50 mtrs and a double set 5 metres apart at the locations of the hugely expensive pedestrian crossings that have never been  used correctly once........and maybe the madness will be reduced.? Until another drugged up nut job recreates the mayhem that happened a few weeks back on Pattaya Tai in a pick up.

6 hours ago, mok199 said:

I just say "No cowboy" and every Thai taxi/motorbike driver I've had in 20 years understands what I mean.

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Stop rent this motorbikes out to tourist without proper license 

R. I. P to the south Korean man

To the police start do your jobs and not only waiting for your tea money 

This is the key - the owner of the bike should be responsible to verify that each Client have a proper License prior to rent it out.

Everyone above 18 on holiday have 1200thb to spend and a Passport on hand and thats ALL the lessor require from you before you get Access to 125hp on 2 weels - With that in mind its not any surprize at all that accidents like this happens on a regular basis especially during high season....

R.I.P

RIP to the 3 of them.  That said, How many wrongs are here? 1. High-powered motorbike, 2. speeding, 3. no helmets, 4. inexperienced riding, 5. crossing the street inattentively, speculation could add more to this but the point is...... This is Thailand and sadly until drivers-education classes are required to obtain a license this accident will be repeated many more times. Of course, "proper " enforcement of the law would certainly help.

9 minutes ago, ttrd said:

This is the key - the owner of the bike should be responsible to verify that each Client have a proper License prior to rent it out.

Everyone above 18 on holiday have 1200thb to spend and a Passport on hand and thats ALL the lessor require from you before you get Access to 125hp on 2 weels - With that in mind its not any surprize at all that accidents like this happens on a regular basis especially during high season....

R.I.P

That will not happen because in LOS nobody cares, the only thing that matters is that folk are taking/making money....

Go to any school in LOS and see the under age kids going to and from school...Nobody cares until THEIR kid is taken out, then it is someone else's fault...

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

According to Facebook the Russian lived here and was the girl's "boyfriend".  He was well known for driving his bike fast and for not wearing a helmet.  The girl worked on soi 6.   

22 year old and living in Pattaya.  I don't think he was here doing medical research or pursuing religious studies. How does a 22 year old Russian manage to stay in Pattaya when there are all sorts of  immigration barriers that legit people have to get around?

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

22 year old and living in Pattaya.  I don't think he was here doing medical research or pursuing religious studies. How does a 22 year old Russian manage to stay in Pattaya when there are all sorts of  immigration barriers that legit people have to get around?

Youtuber or influential parents...;)

Remember famous songran vid from Pattaya when farang kind of eat out soi 6 girl in oublic and some one made vid. Then they apologize on police station. That is the girl RIP

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

In my perfect World no tourists would be allowed to rent and drive motorcycles, only Thais and foreigners living here on 1 year visas.

He was living and working here for years.

1 minute ago, Xaos said:

Remember famous songran vid from Pattaya when farang kind of eat out soi 6 girl in oublic and some one made vid. Then they apologize on police station. That is the girl RIP

Yeah I remember the video , same girl !!!! Really sad . !!! RIP

8 minutes ago, Xaos said:

He was living and working here for years.

Not saying it will solve everything but some of the wildest bike driving I see is by obvious tourists who are unfamiliar with the area, roads, bike, etc.  Less bikes on the road would be a good thing.

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Not saying it will solve everything but some of the wildest bike driving I see is by obvious tourists who are unfamiliar with the area, roads, bike, etc.  Less bikes on the road would be a good thing.

Safety on any wheels is in the hands of those who are riding/driving them together with those who are paid to enforce road laws....

Archived