Russian, Thai and Korean killed in motorcycle accident in Pattaya

webfact

18 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Was this the same accident as the one on the way to Jomtien before Frasiers last night? That one was very bad and looked like high speed for sure. Pure insanity and most without a helmet?

Yes this accident happened on Thappraya Rd heading towards Jomtien by Soi 7.

Not Beach Rd Pattaya.

The Korean pedestrians were crossing from their hotel to 7/11

Unfortunately, i was travelling the same route minutes before it happened and witnessed all

the carnage and bodies sprawled along the road.

One body was in the bushes on the centre reservation which i believe to be the Korean

The first aid vehicles hadn't even arrived when i was there and members of the public were 

engaged in helping divert the traffic to avoid vehicles running the bodies over, Police and first aid 

arrived after 10-15mins later.   

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, zoza said:

if you want to observe race track driving head for Jomtien and F1 as it is known

locally, yes good old Thrappraya Rd, I would not attempt to cross it of a night it is safer getting a taxi and even of a day they have the pedal to the metal as they

race down towards VT1.  

The article was incorrect, F1 is exactly where this occurred, right were it bends to the right, trees in the median.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:44 PM, tryasimight said:

I had a Kwaka 900 when I was 19. I'm 62 now and still have my old Harley. I've had a multitude of bikes in between.

Can't blame the bike the for the accident.

Try riding any of the 350/500's etc on the market these days. They are very, very fast (scarily fast). Some of them will easily outperform the 750's of the early 1970's. The size of the motor is mostly irrelevant nowadays.

Exactly correct Sir.

I have  a Honda Click 125cc, and am quite sure I could easily kill myself, the pillion rider, and several pedestrians with such a machine only going 40 kph.

Momentum and impulse forces are a bitch! A beer bottle traveling 40kph will put you down quickly no matter where it hits you. Hit in the head or sternum could splatter your brains or kill you by shocking your heart into fibrillation.

I actually fear the young sub-teen fools on small bikes driving at high speed with no situational awareness much more than the relatively few older fools on big loud bikes.

I'm VERY sure these 8-10 yo kids don't have a license, much less their 3-5 yo passengers.

9 hours ago, torrzent said:

No doubt it is tragic, but it also looks like this Ruskie on the Rice Rocket also took 2 other people with him.  Very irresponsible!

I do feel badly for the Russian parents for one reason only, and it's not because they lost their child.

As for the son: you live like a fool, you die like one; it's all but inevitable.

What must hurt the parents the most is knowing that they MUST have known that their kid was a risk to himself and others but did nothing to curtail it.

Sure, go ahead and tell me they couldn't watch him or control a 22yo.

Well, sorry...But... They should have explained to him why they were disowning him and the responsibility for his almost certain fatal behavior.

That might have shocked him; maybe not. But at least they would know they made their very best effort.  Now they can only wish they had tried harder.

And yes, I am a parent too. I admit to perhaps being too judgmental without knowing all the facts, but I guess that my suspicions about their relationship to their son is spot on.

What should hurt them as much if not more is knowing that their son is a murderer of two other family's children. That is a shame that will be very difficult to live with.

It's hard for me to "give any of them a break", except the pedestrian whom others are actually saying was also culpable in his own death. I beg to differ. Unless he willfully and suicidally leapt in front of the conveniently and insanely speeding cyclist, he is surely not to blame. The reality is that pedestrians ALWAYS AND EVERYWHERE have the right of way before a powerful machine.

I seldom indulge in this kind of discussion with my own utterly worthless opinion.

I guess it's my way of deeply regretting the single most avoidable flaw in my adopted country's culture.

A crying shame on all counts.

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Exactly correct Sir.

I have  a Honda Click 125cc, and am quite sure I could easily kill myself, the pillion rider, and several pedestrians with such a machine only going 40 kph.

Momentum and impulse forces are a bitch! A beer bottle traveling 40kph will put you down quickly no matter where it hits you. Hit in the head or sternum could splatter your brains or kill you by shocking your heart into fibrillation.

I actually fear the young sub-teen fools on small bikes driving at high speed with no situational awareness much more than the relatively few older fools on big loud bikes.

I'm VERY sure these 8-10 yo kids don't have a license, much less their 3-5 yo passengers.

I guess you could say Physics is not a mandatory course in Thailand.

35 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Netnapa Prawatdee

One of life crazy diamonds.. Gods own prototypes, not meant for mass production.. Only had a few drinks with her a couple of times but she was clearly wild spark.. Soi Six Star..

She love the wild life and now she dead RIP but live fast die young is a life style of meny young people in this world 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, mok199 said:

ihave often seen and heard young thai woman on the back of motorcycles driven by this type of bullie...too scared to say stop just hoping she will make it home alive,...one of the many morals of this tradgedy is '' SPEAK UP''..do not be bullied by taxi drivers, mini van drivers ,boat operators or in this case ...a Russian with a '' James Dean ''death wish...SPEAK UP...

That is unfortunately one of the few ways a bargirl can actually die doing her job. I've often seen one perched on the back of a high powered bike behind some young fool that thinks he can drive as fast as possible on city streets.

Up to me I'd ban those big bikes being rented to tourists, some of which never rode any sort of m'bike before. I don't care if they kill themselves, but they often take someone else with them.

The bike in the photo is actually torn apart, from hitting a person. It must have been travelling as fast as it was capable of doing to do that much damage. I hope the poor innocent guy crossing the road didn't suffer, due to a moron being allowed to rent a bike he was incapable of riding safely.

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

She love the wild life and now she dead RIP but live fast die young is a life style of meny young people in this world 

She left a young son that is the sad thing about this aside from her death cause by some young out of control Russian. Not that it happened because he was Russian but out of control. She picked the wrong guy to hangout with. R.I.P!

8 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You pays your money and you takes your choice

Thats freedom 

It fits in nicely with many peoples outlook on life

21 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Your not wrong, but these kinds of actions you are suggesting are only associated with a first world nanny state, hence you will just have to file them alongside all the other impossible dreams

After all whats the loss of three more lives in the big scheme of things, cant have that interfering with local freedoms, gawd no

Got nothing to do with nanny state but PEOPLE CONSIDERING PEOPLE vs. ME, ME, ME.

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Got nothing to do with nanny state but PEOPLE CONSIDERING PEOPLE vs. ME, ME, ME.

You have hit the nail on the head with the lack of consideration by some for others, but then thats just human nature

Thats the reason a nanny state is so successful at keeping a lid on the road death toll, they force people to ACT in a more considerate way than they would do off their own back or else

Can you not see that to be so

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, elgenon said:

I got hit by a motorcycle taxi on Beach Road near Festival. I didn't see him because he was behind a van, then sped around it. Now I am fearful crossing a street. Would have been hard for the Korean to see the Russian coming. The Russian was probably swerving around vehicles. The idea of stopping traffic for pedestrians was a good idea in principle. 

hi..after lving in vnam for a few years,i must admit(if you can believe it) Thailand is far better....I was hit bya scooter 15 stiches and a serious infection I fought for mnths,and I was on the side walk,on a major street in hochi minh...the lawlessness in these countries is absolutely chaos..

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That is unfortunately one of the few ways a bargirl can actually die doing her job. I've often seen one perched on the back of a high powered bike behind some young fool that thinks he can drive as fast as possible on city streets.

Up to me I'd ban those big bikes being rented to tourists, some of which never rode any sort of m'bike before. I don't care if they kill themselves, but they often take someone else with them.

The bike in the photo is actually torn apart, from hitting a person. It must have been travelling as fast as it was capable of doing to do that much damage. I hope the poor innocent guy crossing the road didn't suffer, due to a moron being allowed to rent a bike he was incapable of riding safely.

RE - The bike in the photo is actually torn apart, from hitting a person

A car has problably driven over the bike in Connection With the accidents as such damage is impossible to get by hitting a person only.

For the rest I am totally agree With you!

He wasnt a tourist.

Thats right, he's been living in Thailand with his father since he was a teenager. His father is a successful business man so he could afford to live a hi-so life. He went to school here, had lots of Thai friends, he was a hansom boy and popular among the girls. And he loved big bikes. Adapted to the Thai way of thinking, me first , then drive like a maniac until the end.

18 hours ago, balo said:

Thats right, he's been living in Thailand with his father since he was a teenager. His father is a successful business man so he could afford to live a hi-so life. He went to school here, had lots of Thai friends, he was a hansom boy and popular among the girls. And he loved big bikes. Adapted to the Thai way of thinking, me first , then drive like a maniac until the end.

Say it once again, The boy was at fault for sure but part of the fault lies with a group of Koreans blindly walking in the path of a screaming 1100cc pocket rocket. I live in Reflection at the far end of Jomtien and driving home is like dodging herds of cattle wondering clueless in the middle of the road in the dark. Seems to be a typical Chinese/Korean trait. Can't really explain it but they never really seem to get it.

8 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Say it once again, The boy was at fault for sure but part of the fault lies with a group of Koreans blindly walking in the path of a screaming 1100cc pocket rocket. I live in Reflection at the far end of Jomtien and driving home is like dodging herds of cattle wondering clueless in the middle of the road in the dark. Seems to be a typical Chinese/Korean trait. Can't really explain it but they never really seem to get it.

Then those who know the area and what tourists do should know better shouldn't they......

On 1/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, torrzent said:

No doubt it is tragic, but it also looks like this Ruskie on the Rice Rocket also took 2 other people with him.  Very irresponsible!

The Korean and the Thai were victims. The Russian was a casualty, a fatality; no way was the driver a 'victim'. An irresponsible show off that got two people killed is not a 'victim'.

On ‎13‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 9:53 AM, IAMHERE said:

The Korean and the Thai were victims. The Russian was a casualty, a fatality; no way was the driver a 'victim'. An irresponsible show off that got two people killed is not a 'victim'.

The Korean man and the Thai girl were victims as a result of that the russian became a victim of his own Dangerous Coctail containing Immaturity, irresponsability - topped with Stupidity...

Archived