Russian, Thai and Korean killed in motorcycle accident in Pattaya

webfact

On 1/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, IAMHERE said:

The Korean and the Thai were victims. The Russian was a casualty, a fatality; no way was the driver a 'victim'. An irresponsible show off that got two people killed is not a 'victim'.

I think it could be argued that the Russian was a victim of his own stupidity.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2018 at 6:49 AM, Thaiwrath said:

The authorities can try whatever methods they think will keep road deaths down, {7-7-7 comes to mind), but nothing will work when a 22 y.o.tourist hires a high-powered bike, riding it, thinking he is Valentino Rossi, and killing innocent people in the process.

R.I.P. to the innocent victims.

Valentino rossi .........you are showing your age m8

On 1/9/2018 at 5:03 PM, JAZZDOG said:

It happened on Thappraya Rd 1km before Jomtien Beach Rd. Same difference, no place to cross and very dark

Two sets of traffic lights and a chicane dividing the oncoming traffic.  Its not a problem crossing area at all. Just because Thais use motor cycles is no reason to allow Foreigners to use them without stringent, tests, limitations, insurance enforcement and monitoring. No bikes over 150cc are needed within the city of Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

Without being negative about Russians but that could have been the same guy who spoke to me at the traffic light at BigC Pattaya Klang.

They stopped up with tree guys beside me and one called over and asked: "show me the power, hahaha" after the light was green he pulled a few time his throttle and speed off.. 

I continued my way relaxed on my Enfield and thought by myself: "next kilometer I meet you again but you may be took a bite off the concrete, idiot.."

Just a few years ago some blew himself in half in Jomtien, a few weeks one with his wife and all were Russians. That matches the U-Tube Videos about stupid drivers, most are made in Russia as well.

Bells are ringing? 

• 2 weeks later...

i know what you mean about looking BOTH ways, when i lived at Phra Khanong, every morning a cop would either ride his motorbike against traffic on a dual carriageway or on the pavement to get to the police box, one morning he nearly had me as i left my condo to go to 7/11, i turned turned left (on the pavement) and he nearly mowed me down

On 1/9/2018 at 12:36 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

Stop rent this motorbikes out to tourist without proper license 

R. I. P to the south Korean man

To the police start do your jobs and not only waiting for your tea money 

In all honesty just stop renting bikes to tourists would be the best idea.

2 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Maybe you are right, but that will never happen. Money will always be the prime consideration, safety will barely, if at all feature in anyone's thoughts. Unless of course they have an accident and see the opportunity to turn it into a money making situation.

Can't argue. ????

ban sports bike rentals!

You can never discourage  22 year old blood-boiling young dudes from renting fast bikes on their vacation when they are high on life, if not drugs.

Limit bike rental businesses to display  50cc cute scooters ONLY and limit their top speed to 30km/hr

There are too many pedestrians in Pattaya any time of the day and mostly intoxicated, lost and rightfully confused in a foreign land and the last thing you want in this environment is young kids on fast&furious bikes capable of doing 0-100km little over 2 seconds.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, Beats56 said:

900cc bike is too much for a young kid. I had a 1100cc Suzuki but I got it when I was in my 30's. I f I had it when I was younger I would have killed my self. These bikes are fast. I sold mine when the kids were born.

As my dad said it's like giving a monkey a loaded revolver.

I had a 02 gsxr 1000 with a full drag build at age 24. Bought second hand and then put factory swing arm on it. I loved it and rode fast most of the time 160mph or more. But i always watched out for every little thing and always prepared to stop and adjust in advance and as soon as any danger beyond my speed came up i imediately slowed down. I knew how to ride and was responsible enough to know when i could go fast and when i couldn't. Also priour to that i had onky rode for a month. And 2 of those weeks was a rd trip from Indianapolis indiana to LA and back doing 16 hr days on the bike. Do i advise others to ride fast not at all. As i know most are not responsible enough nor have the skills to do so. 

On 11/13/2018 at 2:31 PM, Kim J said:

Personally I can never comprehend or take serious statements that include driving at "over 160mph" on the public road and "responsible" in the same text.

Speed and responsibility are nit the same thing. If want to say going slow is responsible. Then lets take someone driving down the highway at normal highway speeds. Then someone pulls out onto the highway driving 30 dose not look or anything. No the person on the highway is in a wreck. How was going slow being responsible. As they were going slow but had ji care for their life or anyone else's. Hence why they pulled out onto the highway going 30 and never stopped to look before pulling out. Now have more then 1 person dead. Responsibility has nothing to do with speed. Responsibility is purely ones ability to navigate safely on the rd and not cause harm to themselves or others. Lastlt if you want ti bad mouth my driving fast which im not sure if that is your intention or not. I have had many, wrecks yes. Yet at the same time every single wreck was at 30mph or slower. Not once have i ever had a wreck going 100 or more. But that is not the point here. Responsibility is. If you can not handle a 500hp car and you buy 1 even you never speed. Then have a wreck and die. How is that responsible. Its not as you were buying amd drivinf something you did not have skills to be driving. Thus no responsibility. But your choice to lack the comprehension of what responsibility is. Last part responsibility, legal and safe are apl 3 different things. We can do things responsibly and still be dangerous. 

6 hours ago, brian2f2f said:

Speed and responsibility are nit the same thing. If want to say going slow is responsible. Then lets take someone driving down the highway at normal highway speeds. Then someone pulls out onto the highway driving 30 dose not look or anything. No the person on the highway is in a wreck. How was going slow being responsible. As they were going slow but had ji care for their life or anyone else's. Hence why they pulled out onto the highway going 30 and never stopped to look before pulling out. Now have more then 1 person dead. Responsibility has nothing to do with speed. Responsibility is purely ones ability to navigate safely on the rd and not cause harm to themselves or others. Lastlt if you want ti bad mouth my driving fast which im not sure if that is your intention or not. I have had many, wrecks yes. Yet at the same time every single wreck was at 30mph or slower. Not once have i ever had a wreck going 100 or more. But that is not the point here. Responsibility is. If you can not handle a 500hp car and you buy 1 even you never speed. Then have a wreck and die. How is that responsible. Its not as you were buying amd drivinf something you did not have skills to be driving. Thus no responsibility. But your choice to lack the comprehension of what responsibility is. Last part responsibility, legal and safe are apl 3 different things. We can do things responsibly and still be dangerous. 

I dont understand why cavil comes to my mind...:whistling:

On 1/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, connda said:

My first week in Chiang Mai I came inches from being hit by a regular 100/125 type motorcycle that blew through zebra crossing I was in the middle of with pedestrian light green and the traffic light above me red.  Never saw the moron as he came from in between two cars on a three lane, one-way road.  That was my first lesson regarding the danger and utter stupidity of Thai driving.  Still jerks a reaction out of me simply thinking about.  It now interesting the habits I've developed instinctively.  Cross a road and my eyes are constantly scanning both directions, always looking at the periphery, scanning.  What gets you will come from the direction you least expect.  When I turn onto dual lane carriageways or one way roads, it's instinct: look to see if someone is driving down the road the wrong way.  I don't even think about it any more. 

There's no such thing as a zebra crossing in Thailand.they just paint the road black and white because it looks good.

THOUGHTS ;

(1) Helmets ?

(2) License and qualified ?

(3) Test for drugs

(4) Note to tourists: If possible stay off the roads between 10:00 p.m and 8:00 a.m. when the majority of accidents seem to magically happen for no reason to do with booze

(5) Speaking of which - I see that here in Jomtien the 7/11 and Family Marts are once again being forced to apply those ridiculous Thai "Alcohol Purchase Hours" to holiday tourist areas. Up until a few days ago - you could get an alcoholic drink at any of these stores at any beach  stores any hour. Now they have started to use the white pull down screen over the "Devil's Drinks" at those wacky alcohol available hours of 11:00 am. to 2:00 and then again ... oh never mind ! We don't need 'happy holiday' tourists do we ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 4:33 AM, balo said:

Did he have any experience riding this type of big bikes ?  Probably not , maybe he not even had the license to ride it. They should not be allowed to rent out to tourists but tell that to the people earning good money on this .  It can't be stopped. RIP. 

On 1/9/2018 at 5:36 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

Stop rent this motorbikes out to tourist without proper license 

R. I. P to the south Korean man

To the police start do your jobs and not only waiting for your tea money 

Yes a license can come in handy if you want to make an insurance claim in an accident. It'll not make you a better driver though.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:33 AM, balo said:

Did he have any experience riding this type of big bikes ?  Probably not , maybe he not even had the license to ride it. They should not be allowed to rent out to tourists but tell that to the people earning good money on this .  It can't be stopped. RIP. 

In a case like this, the Russians deposit ain't gonna cover a new 900cc bike so the renter probably loses money on this one

Archived