Family ordered off Bangkok-Samui bus because of crying child

webfact

Family ordered off Bangkok-Samui bus because of crying child

By The Nation

5pm.jpg

A family of four was put off a Bangkok-Samui bus and left stranded late on Sunday night because one of their children was crying.

Mongkol Thongboran says he and his wife and two sons were told to leave the bus at a petrol station in Prachuap Khiri Khan's Cha-am district. They had only Bt25 in cash.

Mongkol said the bus steward told him that the second driver could not sleep because of the crying child.

Mongkol said his youngest son cried for just 30 minutes and other passengers did not complain. He said his son was frightened because it was his first trip.

Mongkol said the bus driver should have parked at a petrol station for five minutes to allow his son to calm down outside the bus instead of ejecting him and his family.

Mongkol said he had to stay overnight at a hotel at the petrol station and continued the journey by train to Surat Thani the next day, after relatives relatives wired them the money to pay for the hotel accommodation and train fare.

The family finally reached Koh Samui at 9pm Monday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335777

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-09

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Odered off the bus because the 2nd driver could not sleep!!

Bit drastic, Thais can normally sleep through any noise, my wife can anyway.

Maybe the 2nd driver was too high on something to sleep.

Nowt worse Colin than having a kiddie bawling nearby on any form of long distance transport,its a 12 hour trip from BKK to Samui.....:sorry:

difficult situation and I feel sorry for the poor guy ....

but have you ever had to put up with a sreaming kid near you on a 8 hr flight   ... 

It's a problem ....     but parents need to take responsibility for their screaming kids.

40 minutes ago, steven100 said:

difficult situation and I feel sorry for the poor guy ....

but have you ever had to put up with a sreaming kid near you on a 8 hr flight   ... 

It's a problem ....     but parents need to take responsibility for their screaming kids.

Yes, many times and on much longer flights. its just another part of Life's sweet tapestry.

45 minutes ago, hellstens said:

I hope the Buss company replacing their costs!  

otherwise, they lose their face,

you do not do like this with children.

Why not. If more parents were  held accountable for their misbehaving children, the issue would be addressed. I have seen these events play out repeatedly.

1. The parents  let the child do whatever it wants.

2. The parents do not respond appropriately, and instead  facilitate the . behaviour.

3. The family were most likely asked several times to  quiet the child down and  didn't do anything. It is abnormal for a child to scream  in such a manner for that long.

Not the best method, but if it prevented physical injury and upset to others, might have been the only option. I would have tossed the family off the bus too. The majority of people and children travel without bothering others. Why should everyone suffer because someone is a misfit?

1 minute ago, geriatrickid said:

Why not. If more parents were  held accountable for their misbehaving children, the issue would be addressed. I have seen these events play out repeatedly.

2. The parents do not respond appropriately, and instead  facilitate the . behaviour.

3. The family were most likely asked several times to  quiet the child down and  didn't do anything. It is abnormal for a child to scream  in such a manner for that long.

Not the best method, but if it prevented physical injury and upset to others, might have been the only option. I would have tossed the family off the bus too. The majority of people and children travel without bothering others. Why should everyone suffer because someone is a misfit?

Unfortunately Children do not have a mute button , you cannot just switch them off

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Unfortunately Children do not have a mute button , you cannot just switch them off

Put me next to a screaming kid before you stick me next to a drunk who's sweating alcohol.  Or someone who just scarfed down a plate of bean burritos.  Or hasn't been able (or chosen) to shower for a few days.  

Family tossed off bus for screaming kid reaches Samui safely

ca.jpg

A family travelling from Bangkok to Koh Samui on a transport company bus were told to get off in the night as the relief driver couldn't get to sleep.

Mongkhol Thongboran and his wife and two kids were dumped at a gas station after his youngest cried for 30 minutes.

Mongkhon told Thai Rath that none of the passengers complained. He even praised some foreign tourists on the service who showed concern for the little one's welfare asking if he had a stomach ache.

26169341_916550728510689_3885796846539274686_n.jpg

"He had never traveled long distance like this before," explained the aggrieved dad after the family finally reached Samui by another route.

"He was scared but all the passengers understood he would stop in a while. But the relief driver couldn't get to sleep so they tossed us off in Cha-Am".

The family spent almost all of their travel money on a room for the night at the gas station - they were left with 25 baht and had to get relatives in Samui to transfer cash. They continued by train and were picked up in Surat Thani by relatives.

Mongkhon said it was awful to be treated like that and asked the authorities to look into the matter.

The story was widely shared online.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-09

34 minutes ago, sanemax said:

that doesn't mean all passengers should be subject to kids screaming ....   mum , shut the kid up or get off  ....  that's the mute button.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

that doesn't mean all passengers should be subject to kids screaming ....   mum , shut the kid up or get off  ....  that's the mute button.

The Mother isnt crying though , so, just kick the baby off the bus , no need to even stop, just throw straight out the window

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The Mother isnt crying though , so, just kick the baby off the bus , no need to even stop, just throw straight out the window

please explain to me that if your child is continually crying at a high pitch for 30 minutes ....   why should other passengers have to endure that  ? 

The mother is responsible for taking care of her children,  that is in any society and situation ...

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

please explain to me that if your child is continually crying at a high pitch for 30 minutes ....   why should other passengers have to endure that  ? 

The mother is responsible for taking care of her children,  that is in any society and situation ...

You could always do the honorable thing , putting woman and Children first and you get off the bus . 

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You could always do the honorable thing , putting woman and Children first and you get off the bus . 

If they took the hat around I'm sure they could have got enough for them to stay in a hotel + food.   :)

11 minutes ago, petermik said:

In most countries a bus driver should put the comfort and safety of his passengers first......this he clearly did.....unfortunate for the family certainly,hopefully they will learn from it :wai:

Unfortunately , Thai bus drivers seem to have no care about anyones safety , whether it be theirs passengers or other road users .

Rather than being concerned about crying babies , they need test their brakes , slow down in the rain, stay on the right side of the road , stop going down ditches , stop using their phones when driving and to refrain from masturbating whilst driving their buses

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Unfortunately , Thai bus drivers seem to have no care about anyones safety , whether it be theirs passengers or other road users .

Rather than being concerned about crying babies , they need test their brakes , slow down in the rain, stay on the right side of the road , stop going down ditches , stop using their phones when driving and to refrain from masturbating whilst driving their buses

I,m guessing you were on this bus then......:clap2:

27 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m guessing you were on this bus then......:clap2:

No, I wasnt on that bus , but I sure would have lost some sleep if I were on that bus had the driver left two kids by the side of the road at night with nowhere to stay and nothing to eat .

That would have caused me concern, more than the inconvenience of a crying baby

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

OMG are you for real? kids cry, that's the way of life, you are unbelievable or am I just rising to your trolling?

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Or alternatively, as you obviously can't stand human behaviour, why don't you get off the planet.

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Many here approve of the Thai family having been offloaded from the bus. Fine.

Just curious, but how would you guys have reacted if it was a farang family ?

same  .....    While I feel for the parents, it is their responsibility to control there own kids,   why should every other paying passenger have to endure the crying or screaming child if it's excessive. 

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Or alternatively, as you obviously can't stand human behaviour, why don't you get off the planet.

if you have kids, please let me know your flight, bus, hotel schedule when traveling ......  I'll book alternatives ... :shock1:

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

if you have kids, please let me know your flight, bus, hotel schedule when traveling ......  I'll book alternatives ... :shock1:

Just let me know when you're travelling, chum, and I'll book alternatives. 

Archived