Family ordered off Bangkok-Samui bus because of crying child

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, baansgr said:

Exactly how do you stop a kid screaming?

With patience, tender loving care and a lot of love from both parents, friends and anyone the child knows and is comfortable with.

It takes time and practice and that assumes that there is nothing wrong with the child medically. It worked for me with both of my sons and it worked on a few Thai children too. I used to hold the kids , cuddle them and sing any songs that I could think of to them.

It doesn't work 100% of the time, but for me it was about 75 to 80% successful.

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

With patience, tender loving care and a lot of love from both parents, friends and anyone the child knows and is comfortable with.

It takes time and practice and that assumes that there is nothing wrong with the child medically. It worked for me with both of my sons and it worked on a few Thai children too. I used to hold the kids , cuddle them and sing any songs that I could think of to them.

You don't wanna be singing to your kids on the bus or Steven 100 will have you kicked off as well. 

I had sit in bus to nong khai 

From the moment we leave Pattaya a Thai baby screaming and crying it is a 10 hour trip what I  learned from that was the  mother only screaming and yelling of the baby 

I tell her try change pampers and give some milk her answer was why baby is fine baby always crying when leaving grandma meny Thai complaining to the bus driver his solution was to put them back into the last seat 

This was a nightmare bus ride 

But I will never put them out of the bus as this driver do

On 09/01/2018 at 11:42 AM, steven100 said:

that doesn't mean all passengers should be subject to kids screaming ....   mum , shut the kid up or get off  ....  that's the mute button.

You should climb down from your tree. This happens every day millions of times on airliners. When a child cries you may not have the answer.. 

When my sleep got disturbed, more than once, when trying to sleep on long haul flights, my reaction was to think that the child could be mine.

If you want a quiet flight get yourself a business class ticket.

37 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

You should climb down from your tree. This happens every day millions of times on airliners. When a child cries you may not have the answer.. 

When my sleep got disturbed, more than once, when trying to sleep on long haul flights, my reaction was to think that the child could be mine.

If you want a quiet flight get yourself a business class ticket.

lets put you on a bus with screaming kids all the way ...  and we'll see if you don't mind it.

On 11/01/2018 at 9:04 PM, billd766 said:

Right, and that's why some grumpy old geezers here reckon families shouldn't travel. 

Maybe some of them are younger than me but they must have dried out prematurely.

15 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Right, and that's why some grumpy old geezers here reckon families shouldn't travel. 

Maybe some of them are younger than me but they must have dried out prematurely.

I think your overreacting.  Of course families have a right to travel wherever they want.  But if it means causing disturbance to all on the bus for the entire journey, plane or whatever then they should plan correctly to minimize that from happening.  People have a right to travel but parents have a right be responsible also.  I think most can accept normal disruptive behaviour and crying,  however I think most cannot accept it when it the whole trip.   Go figure ...  :shock1:

Perhaps the kid was sick, who knows. Sounds like some of the folks here don't have kids and don't have any compassion and are overreacting. Kid crying for 30 minute may be annoying, but shouldn't be caused from them to be thrown off the bus. Like another poster said, what if it was a farang family being thrown off the bus?

11 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Like another poster said, what if it was a farang family being thrown off the bus?

Even better. 

Some of the farang children, particularly the half Thai half farang ones are spoilt brats, screaming, kicking and running riot while their  bar girl mother does nothing, apart from taking sexy selfies on her latest smart phone, and the kids father, who is old enough to be his great great grandfather, is so geriatric and stupid he can't do anything either.

On 1/14/2018 at 2:21 PM, steven100 said:

depends what your singing ....  :tongue:

When you sing to Thai kids who cannot speak English it really doesn't matter WHAT you sing but the way that you sing it. It is the tone of your voice, the way you hold and cuddle children, if they let you, and your general attitude when you talk and sing to them that is the important thing.

Old Beatles songs, dirty songs that I learnt in the military, it doesn't matter. Children can sense when you are good and they can certainly sense when you are angry and hostile and they react accordingly.

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Even better. 

Some of the farang children, particularly the half Thai half farang ones are spoilt brats, screaming, kicking and running riot while their  bar girl mother does nothing, apart from taking sexy selfies on her latest smart phone, and the kids father, who is old enough to be his great great grandfather, is so geriatric and stupid he can't do anything either.

Thank you very much for the general insult though you did qualify it by saying "some".

I am neither stupid nor geriatric and neither does my wife take sexy selfie photos either.

I am not sure how many half Thai half farang children you know, but certainly the ones that I know, including my 13 year old son, are nothing like that and, BTW, I am 60 years older than my son.

If you want a good example please come to see me and then you may understand that not all half Thai/ half farang children are the same. I will take you around and show you my friends wives and children as well if you like.

I don't think it will change your obvious prejudice though.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thank you very much for the general insult though you did qualify it by saying "some".

I am neither stupid nor geriatric and neither does my wife take sexy selfie photos either.

I am not sure how many half Thai half farang children you know, but certainly the ones that I know, including my 13 year old son, are nothing like that and, BTW, I am 60 years older than my son.

If you want a good example please come to see me and then you may understand that not all half Thai/ half farang children are the same. I will take you around and show you my friends wives and children as well if you like.

I don't think it will change your obvious prejudice though.

Its not prejudice.  It's what I see on a regular basis.  The international schools don't help either, because the children start to act like the misbehaving spoilt peers to fit in.

I also don't think all half Thai / Farang children are like that, only a larger proportion of them than the Thai children, who are taught (in general) to show respect to elders and politeness.  

But, your are 60 years older than your son. That's your choice to have kids at your age.  But if I was a child I would be very sad my Dad died of old age before I was even an adult myself.  

47 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Its not prejudice.  It's what I see on a regular basis.  The international schools don't help either, because the children start to act like the misbehaving spoilt peers to fit in.

I also don't think all half Thai / Farang children are like that, only a larger proportion of them than the Thai children, who are taught (in general) to show respect to elders and politeness.  

But, your are 60 years older than your son. That's your choice to have kids at your age.  But if I was a child I would be very sad my Dad died of old age before I was even an adult myself.  

Quote "But, your are 60 years older than your son. That's your choice to have kids at your age.  But if I was a child I would be very sad my Dad died of old age before I was even an adult myself. "

Well I am not dead yet. I have outlived my parents who were both 69 when they died 15 years apart. My next target age is my Gran who was 78, then my brother who was 81 followed by my GrandDad who was 82 when he died.

It is funny you should mention that as my Dad was 55 when I was born and my Mum was 39. He died a couple of months before I was 15.

No I wasn't sad in that way because he was my Dad and I loved him. He married my Mum in 1924 when she was 20 and he was 35.

My older brother was born in February 1926 and died in October of the same year. Now that was really sad for my parents. They adopted my brother in 1931 and I came along in 1944. The age gap didn't mean anything to me as they were simply my Mum and Dad.

There are things that I cannot physically do with my son anymore but they are more than made up for with the things I can do that my Dad couldn't do with me.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:51 AM, colinneil said:

Odered off the bus because the 2nd driver could not sleep!!

Bit drastic, Thais can normally sleep through any noise, my wife can anyway.

Maybe the 2nd driver was too high on something to sleep.

Or maybe this is a one-sided version, in which we read only what the father had to say. I find it difficult to believe that a driver would kick a family out because a child was crying for 30 minutes when no-one was complaining. And I find it difficult to believe that a father would start a 10-hour journey with two young children with only 25 baht in his pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful. Wonderful. Glorious. Have you ever been on a bus, train, or airplane, when a child will not stop crying? Why aren't the parents carrying a muzzle for their kid? It is one of the most annoying things in the world. I totally agree, this was the right thing to do. Hopefully they were left at a gas station, where they had access to food and drink. It is the responsibility of the parents to make sure their kids behave. Do what you have to do, to quiet down your kid. Be responsible for your offspring. Be a parent. Give him a sleeping pill. Do something. Nobody should have to endure that kind of torture, for 8 hours. Especially 30-40 other people. That is just not right. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Beautiful. Wonderful. Glorious. Have you ever been on a bus, train, or airplane, when a child will not stop crying? Why aren't the parents carrying a muzzle for their kid? It is one of the most annoying things in the world. I totally agree, this was the right thing to do. Hopefully they were left at a gas station, where they had access to food and drink. It is the responsibility of the parents to make sure their kids behave. Do what you have to do, to quiet down your kid. Be responsible for your offspring. Be a parent. Give him a sleeping pill. Do something. Nobody should have to endure that kind of torture, for 8 hours. Especially 30-40 other people. That is just not right. 

You poor, dried out, sod...

Archived