Where To Buy Sigma Lenses In Thailand?

PJRay

Specifically the Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I've tried to email the Thai distributor listed on the Sigma web site, but never got any replies. I live in Korat, but if I have to go to BKK, that's o.k. Could always use an excuse to get of here anyway... :o

I've seen some consumer Sigma lenses, but no pro glass. When I ask about the 30mm at the shops up here, they have no clue what I'm talking about. Mai loo...Mai dai, etc.

World Camera seems to have it.

http://www.worldcamera.co.th/detail_lens.asp?pro_id=99

There's also a shop in sub-soi in Ekkamai (east side) opposite international school I forgot the name that carries wide range of Sigma lenses in stock. You probably can find an ad of the shop in Thai photography magazine.

Thanks much Nordlys! I will give them a call.

Have you (or others) had good/bad experiences buying from World Camera? Are they a reputable dealer? How about warranties, etc?

Well, just got off the phone with World Camera, and even though I can speak Thai a bit, they had no clue either. Phone got passed around to four people and the (not so) suprising end result was...drum roll please.......

...."Mai Mee Ka." :D

Oh well, that's o.k.

"Honey, it looks like I'm going to HAVE to go to Bangkok for a couple days. Do you want to go? No? Good. :o:D Um...I mean, are you sure?"

Get a Thai photography magazine from local magazine stand and call numbers of retail stores advertised. That's how I bought my Sigma lens at the shop in Ekkamai. Believe there's more than one magazine and one I found the shop from is called Shutter... something.

You might want to know Fotofile in MBK doesn't sell sigma lenses because they had too many claims with lenses developing.... ah, not sure what it's called in English but becoming foggy and losing clearness in lens elemnt. I also had a problem with one Sigma lens which developed numerous tiny bubbles probably in the glue attaching lens elements.

Also, I lost the auto focus feature of one of the Sigma lens I had when I upgraded my camera to a newer one newer than the lens (film SLR). In Japan, Sigma would update the ROM free of charge but when I asked to do the same the Thai importer/distributor Jebsen and Jassen they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Thanks again Nordlys. Warranty/repair is another reason I'm skeptical about buying gear in Thailand. If I buy in the States, at least I know that any warranty issues will be handled properly. But then there's the hassle and expense...

• 2 years later...

why not call Jebsen & Jessen, Sigma distributor in Thailand.

They're located in Ekkamai.

Jebsen & Jessen Marketing

23/112,27th Fl.,Sorachai Bldg.Soi Sukhumvit 63(Ekamai),Bangkok 10110,Thailand

Tel:66-2787-8118

Fax:66-2787-8108