Flights delayed at Don Muang Airport due to air show rehearsals

webfact

Flights delayed at Don Muang Airport due to air show rehearsals

By The Nation

7a765789137d4af5ad47d092d206de09.jpeg

Bangkok's Don Muang Airport has urged travellers to plan ahead and arrive at the airport two to three hours ahead of scheduled flight times until January 11 as rehearsals will be taking place for the Royal Thai Airforce air show.

The shows would be performed at the Wing 6 Don Muang for National Children's Day on Saturday.

Flights will be halted on Tuesday from 9am to 9.12am and 10.15am to 10.40am. On Wednesday, flights will be halted from 11.20am to 11.50am and on Thursday from 8.15am to 9.05am and 2.30pm to 2.50pm.

For more information, call the airport's public relations department at 0 2535 1192.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335779

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-09

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Very minor delays, normal most of the time I imagine at any airport in the world. The reason is unusual, that's all. I wonder how much the actual show will halt flights though as the air force play with their toys.

Yeah, no problem.

They just have to integrate the delayed departure flights with the delayed arrival flights......... in a series of interrupted slots.

It'll be sure to be OK because the RTAF is guaranteed to run their schedule like clockwork at the times quoted.

And there's no mention of the actual schedule on the day of the show.

What journey would be complete without a surprise airshow at your destination airport, forcing your flight to delay or divert?

I can recollect very clearly, my first visit to Thailand, in 1978 on a Cathay  Pacific Tristar on approach to Don Muang, THE. major airport of Thailand, hearing the captain announce, we have been put into a hold position as the airport was closed because of an air show,he then went onto say with apologies welcome to the third world

Mentions departures - what about arrivals?

Arriving tomorrow, have checked my outbound flight from DMK, it falls just before the window mentioned.

Actually not sure why I am asking this - will expect a delay and if there isn't one I'll be happy and count my luck.

Thanks for the heads up Thai Visa, would never have know otherwise!

Managed to avoid any major delays today, arrival was only 10 minutes late.

Immigration very smooth at 13.45, only 10 deep and VERY well organized with multiple civilian staff and a couple of IO's making sure everyone went where they needed to go, and that nobody joined the queues without the full TM6 being completed (my pet hate when someone in front of you doesn't do it)

there was NO flight demonstrations at don maung on  wednesday morning due to the weather, yet Nok air saw fit to delay fights! in addition,  the flight to ubon scheduled for 11:15 departure played musical gates going from gate 35 to 32, to 71>  the ubon passengers went from gate 35 to gate 32, the phuket passengers went from gate 32 to gate 35!  so you had about two hundred passengers passing each other in the main isle! then! the ubon passengers had to go to gate 71!

Archived