Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

What is the size of the new TM.6 arrival card?

 

Can somebody upload an image of it with a better resolution than what I have found so far?

 

Khaosod

20638419-696x480.jpg

 

The Nation

Thai arrival card (Nation).jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They were handing out the new ones on my flight on 7 Jan. I had already filled out an old one which I had from before. I used the old one without a problem and kept the new one for use in future.

 

Khaosod images above provide an incorrect impression since they don't show the departure card.

 

The arrival card is 16.5 cm long and the departure card is 9 cm long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My last entry in December was with this new TM.6, personally I prefer the old one, probably because the eyesight isn't what it used to be!

The space given to write in is considerably smaller than previously, making it IMO harder to fill out, especially if on a flight, where it is never easy.

The IO at BKK airport did staple the departure part in to my passport though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

They were handing out the new ones on my flight on 7 Jan. I had already filled out an old one which I had from before. I used the old one without a problem and kept the new one for use in future.

 

Khaosod images above provide an incorrect impression since they don't show the departure card.

 

The arrival card is 16.5 cm long and the departure card is 9 cm long.

The departure card is the LEFT part of the TM6. You still need to fill some things like names, d o b, passport number etc twice. And need a magnifying glass to see where to write. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

They were handing out the new ones on my flight on 7 Jan. I had already filled out an old one which I had from before. I used the old one without a problem and kept the new one for use in future.

 

Khaosod images above provide an incorrect impression since they don't show the departure card.

 

The arrival card is 16.5 cm long and the departure card is 9 cm long.

 

 

Likewise on my flight on 31st December..... but in the arrivals hall they were handing out old style.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While the arrival and departure cards have been compressed into a single card, this compression appears to have been solely achieved by dispensing with character boxes in the case of most fields. As I see it, the amount of information being sought remains exactly the same - so so much for the Immigration Bureau's claim of simplication then!

 

But, on the plus side, at least I shall no longer need to take especial care in completing the address field in the Arrivals section - which used to be a PITA for me since my Thai address was 1 character too long for the available number of characters for that particular field in the previous version!:smile:

Edited by OJAS
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattd said:

The IO at BKK airport did staple the departure part in to my passport though.

That is a relief to hear, assuming that it is now standard practice. If they did not do this it would probably have eventually resulted in an escalation of the number of reports on here of departure cards being misplaced to an avalanche! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i never put down more than Flipper Lodge, Pattaya on all my trips.  I rarely ever had an advance booking with paid up front as I always wanted to see actual room first.  I was always in country on visa exempt, sometimes staying for 2 months by making a border run and once an extension.  I hope they don't need anything more than  that

Link to post
Share on other sites

My flight on 27 December issued the old style and those were the ones available at DMK. There again the airlines tend to keep fairly large stocks on board so it may be some time before the new ones filter through the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

 

 

Likewise on my flight on 31st December..... but in the arrivals hall they were handing out old style.

I got mine on the flt from HCMC on 10 Dec 17 - was told by Thai Airways lady that that was the first time they gave out the new cards - it is smaller, but even my old tired eyes had no problem filling it out.  next day @ immigration I reported my residence, the IO (pretty lady in JomTien) said it was the first real one she had seen.........shook her head and said - "Too easy to lose" she put a paperclip on it to my pspt page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

i never put down more than Flipper Lodge, Pattaya on all my trips.  I rarely ever had an advance booking with paid up front as I always wanted to see actual room first.  I was always in country on visa exempt, sometimes staying for 2 months by making a border run and once an extension.  I hope they don't need anything more than  that

Flipper Lodge, man that place has been around about 40 years........brings back memories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GordonP said:

There again the airlines tend to keep fairly large stocks on board so it may be some time before the new ones filter through the system.

All the more so since Thai nationals are no longer required to complete them, I gather.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GordonP said:

My flight on 27 December issued the old style and those were the ones available at DMK. There again the airlines tend to keep fairly large stocks on board so it may be some time before the new ones filter through the system.

I wonder if Thailand or other countries operate the same requirement that UK Immigration certainly used to, that the carriers should arrange their own supplies, obviously to the official design. I suspect this is the case. I recall that one of the Middle-Eastern airlines actually included their logo on the card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't they follow Vietnam'S example and get rid of this completely unnecessary paperwork in this digitalized computerized age?

There is no easier and cheaper way to get rid of the long lines at immigration at airports and some land borders like Poipet.I guess it's the Thai's penchant for red tape and superfluous complications.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Why don't they follow Vietnam'S example and get rid of this completely unnecessary paperwork in this digitalized computerized age?

There is no easier and cheaper way to get rid of the long lines at immigration at airports and some land borders like Poipet.I guess it's the Thai's penchant for red tape and superfluous complications.

I tend to agree with this seeing as most of the information on the form is superfluous, for example, the full name, DOB, Nationality are all contained within the passport being presented and is automatically being read by the immigration computer, if a visa is used, then that info is then entered in to the computer anyway, the address that is put is seemingly not inputted at the time of arrival, otherwise it would not be a requirement in one form or another for the address to be reported within 24 hours of arrival.

The rest of the data for tourists is just to collect info and most likely not really used for anything useful, why on earth do they need an email address?

There must be warehouses full of old filled in TM.6's somewhere!

It really does seem like paper for paper's sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I got mine on the flt from HCMC on 10 Dec 17 - was told by Thai Airways lady that that was the first time they gave out the new cards - it is smaller, but even my old tired eyes had no problem filling it out.  next day @ immigration I reported my residence, the IO (pretty lady in JomTien) said it was the first real one she had seen.........shook her head and said - "Too easy to lose" she put a paperclip on it to my pspt page.

So presumably, unlike in Mattd's case (post #4), the IO at BKK/DMK Arrivals didn't staple the Departure slip to your passport then? In which case it would appear that we are dependent on which side of the bed an Arrivals IO got out of that morning as to whether this gets done or not.

Edited by OJAS
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So presumably, unlike in Mattd's case (post #4), the IO at BKK/DMK Arrivals didn't staple the Departure slip to your passport then? In which case it would appear that we are dependent on which side of the bed an Arrivals IO got out of that morning as to whether this gets done or not.

I reckon so, pot luck me thinks.

If they don't then best to do it yourself, just in case!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

i never put down more than Flipper Lodge, Pattaya on all my trips.  I rarely ever had an advance booking with paid up front as I always wanted to see actual room first.  I was always in country on visa exempt, sometimes staying for 2 months by making a border run and once an extension.  I hope they don't need anything more than  that

 

 

Never have - nothing has changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OJAS said:

So presumably, unlike in Mattd's case (post #4), the IO at BKK/DMK Arrivals didn't staple the Departure slip to your passport then? In which case it would appear that we are dependent on which side of the bed an Arrivals IO got out of that morning as to whether this gets done or not.

They haven't been stapling the Departure card in my pspt for some time now, been in 8 times in the past 14 months, don't know when it stopped, just know I haven't had it stapled in a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Why don't they follow Vietnam'S example and get rid of this completely unnecessary paperwork in this digitalized computerized age?

There is no easier and cheaper way to get rid of the long lines at immigration at airports and some land borders like Poipet.I guess it's the Thai's penchant for red tape and superfluous complications.

They stopped filling out that form in Vietnam about 3 years ago, but, by law, you are still obligated to report your presence to the nearest police station, hotels do this for you, in my case, the police station sends a young lad to my house we fill out the form together.  Its actually a good thing because then they know you are in their area and can keep an eye out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple of blank ones (not the new format) which I always fill in at home

before hand because my eyesight is too bad to fill it out on the plane.

I am flying to Thailand next week (Jan 16).

 

Would  it be a problem at immigration that I use the old arrival card one last time ?

(I keep the blank new one -when handed out on the plane- for the next time I fly to Thailand)

 

Please advise, thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldies1 said:

Would  it be a problem at immigration that I use the old arrival card one last time ?

No problem. Immigration will still accept the old ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GordonP said:

My flight on 27 December issued the old style and those were the ones available at DMK. There again the airlines tend to keep fairly large stocks on board so it may be some time before the new ones filter through the system.

I got the new one on my Korean Air flight on December 11th.

 

Yes I agree a little harder to read the new one, damn it tuft getting old.

 

LeoTex 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Flipper Lodge, man that place has been around about 40 years........brings back memories.

Yeah, flipper lodge and flipper hotel used to be great values.  in the off season they had like 7 nights for the price of 5, the sea view room or even soi view room a few floors up were OK as it did get quiet eventually.  Then a few years back they added that crappy buffet that is "free", changed a lot of the room options.  My first two trips back in 2004 were stays at Eastiny Place and then Flipper Lodge

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OJAS said:

So presumably, unlike in Mattd's case (post #4), the IO at BKK/DMK Arrivals didn't staple the Departure slip to your passport then? In which case it would appear that we are dependent on which side of the bed an Arrivals IO got out of that morning as to whether this gets done or not.

 

I thought that Immigration said last year they had stop to staple anything in passports? :unsure:

IOs are not always very careful when detaching stapled cards,

resulting in many people getting passports with some damaged pages... :sad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

 

I thought that Immigration said last year they had stop to staple anything in passports?

I have not seen anything saying that.

My local office is certainly still doing it when they staple my 90 day report receipts in it. The also stapled my TM6 after moving it to a different page when I applied for my extension.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...