New TM.6 arrival card

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

If printed out from immigration website, filled in and submitted, is it acceptable, given that it has a bar code on it ? Also,does it need to be in colour ? Thanks...

It would not be accepted since every card has a different number on it.

I entered through Chiang Mai in March, and while everyone on our Korean Air flight was given the new TM 6 card, another flight from China arrived about the same time with everyone given the old style card.  They were pulled out of the queue and made to fill out the new style cards.

Just had a repeat of the same drill this weekend, coming in to Chiang Mai on the late night Korean Air flight where we mix with a Chinese flight (or two) in the Immigration hall and this time everyone had the new style arrival card. 

This time, though, I learned a new trick.  I was carrying a folded walker (Zimmer frame), not for myself, but a donation given to me for someone in Chiang Mai.  The staff person sorting the queue directed me to the handicapped counter, even though I clearly wasn't using the walker.  I tried not to look too guilty as I breezed through a process that usually takes about an hour in Chiang Mai.  

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 8:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

Screen shot from immigration announcement 19 September 2017. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=59c0dc8b7462a224a5286a86

image.png.c9625601c89075e6e895fd62effce91d.png

hello,

is it possible for someone to print this and pre-fill it before arriving at airport ? For an older person who fears to take long time to fill it...

thank you.

3 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

hello,

is it possible for someone to print this and pre-fill it before arriving at airport ? For an older person who fears to take long time to fill it...

thank you.

Most flights I have been on they are given out early on, leaving time to fill them in during the flight. Keep a pen and the specs handy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

You would not be able to use it if you printed it out and completed it.

They normally hand them out on the plane before you arrive which allows plenty of time to complete it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

hello,

thank you.

The barcode and number are unique to each card so no sequential print out option that I know of, airline staff may be persuaded to give you an extra one on the way in ,so you can keep one in hand for next time. Alternatively the immigration police at the airport, when I was leaving, were very helpful, and gave me a TM6  "for an older person who fears to take long time to fill it" (though it was unusually quiet at that time when I was passing through)

• Like 1

One thing that amuses me about this card is trying to fill in my address. What with the condo details, the street name and number, the tambon, the amphur and the state it normally takes about 5 lines.  The old one was bad enough but on this one I can barely get the first line on.  What use this serves goodness only knows!    

19 hours ago, sniggie said:

One thing that amuses me about this card is trying to fill in my address. What with the condo details, the street name and number, the tambon, the amphur and the state it normally takes about 5 lines.  The old one was bad enough but on this one I can barely get the first line on.  What use this serves goodness only knows!    

Agree 100%.  Even before the shrinking of the TM-6 form, I always carried a business-card from my condo-bldg, to present to the IO.  They were always very happy to see this - beats reading my tiny hen-scratch version on the form.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Agree 100%.  Even before the shrinking of the TM-6 form, I always carried a business-card from my condo-bldg, to present to the IO.  They were always very happy to see this - beats reading my tiny hen-scratch version on the form.

You really think that they care about anything written on this ridiculous form ?!

Once I even wrote fuxxumonkey and they didn't even see it !

5 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

You really think that they care about anything written on this ridiculous form ?!

Once I even wrote fuxxumonkey and they didn't even see it !

Yes, many times they do.  I have had them clarify my address with me each time I have entered the country for the past couple years.  They would squint at the form, and ask, "Where do you live?" and I would hand them my condo business card, they took it, and began typing from it into their computer, then handed it back.  My current Issan address is easier to fit.