Forget snow in Thailand - but you might need to worry about a tsunami, expert

webfact

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

imageproxy (1).jpg

imageproxy (2).jpg

13 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Heavy rain, Klong Chan flats, flooded parking lot. More than 100 vehicles were damaged and overflowing with traffic lanes 

. Past As a result, many roads have been flooded and flooded, including the Klongjan Flats, Bangkapi Floods, more than 50 centimeters above the floodwaters, causing more than 100 vehicles to drown. Because the flood is very high.

hilight.kapook.com/view/166417

Just Weird is just weird

03_1.jpg

car4.jpg

Thanks for confirming that what I said was correct, Bangkok was not flooded, a few sois were.  If you two are asserting that Bangkok was flooded, then it is not me that is weird.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, dinsdale said:

I'm fairly sure a this guy would also say heavy rains in January is also very unlikely. Belted down this morning. Even some thunder and lightning....in January. Cold and wet at the end of December. Wet season weather beginning of Dec. Summer in mid Dec. Please, oh please you climate change skeptics tell me and every Thai I've asked who have never experienced this, that it's not climate change.

It's impossible to be a climate change sceptic since climate change is scientifically documented throughout the millennia. 

5 hours ago, asiamaster said:

Incorrect. The Tsunami would have to hit from the south-east in that case. So it would have to be triggered in Borneo and there is no volcanic activity there.

There are active submerged volcanoes off the southern end of Vietnam, not to far from the gulf, last eruption 95 years ago... 

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks for confirming that what I said was correct, Bangkok was not flooded, a few sois were.  If you two are asserting that Bangkok was flooded, then it is not me that is weird.

"A bit of rain. Happens all the time. Absolutely correct. Every year there is flooding in BKK in January. :clap2:"

This is what I posted. I'm sorry that your grasp of the English language doesn't allow you to see a difference between flooding in BKK and BKK is flooded.

Believing a Thai expert is hard, but looking at building standards, e.g. how they start to deteriorate extremely fast and how they burn down in minutes even when the builders claim that they were build according to regulations, could certainly be worrying. Not even mentioning the total lack of maintenance of the tsunami alert systems could make such an event gruesome. 

On 10/01/2018 at 9:51 AM, Just1Voice said:

Well, during the reign of Rama I, a fortune teller made a couple of bold predictions.
1.  The Chakra dynasty would only last for 10 generations.  We're on #10 now.
2.  The ocean would rise up and swallow Siam where BKK now sits.   That one would be interesting, to say the least, as it could also bring the first one to fruition as well.  

If the Tsunami wipes out the Siam South. QUESTION: Would it mean Thaksin & Yinluck return in triumph to rule a New Lanna Kingdom in the North?

Until 2007, many a financial guru strongly maintained that there never would be a financial crash......

....much further back in time, the top scholars and aluminis of the era,  refused to admit that our planet was round...

.......so what and who to belive today ?? (besides me of course!!)  :glare:

On 1/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, Basil B said:

There are active submerged volcanoes off the southern end of Vietnam, not to far from the gulf, last eruption 95 years ago... 

The Ile des Cendres volcanoes are located east of south Vietnam. If a tsunami would be triggered it would hit the southern coast of Vietnam  and not reach the Gulf of Thailand unless if the Tsunami wave can turn around corners.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/01/2018 at 9:51 AM, Just1Voice said:

Well, during the reign of Rama I, a fortune teller made a couple of bold predictions.
1.  The Chakra dynasty would only last for 10 generations.  We're on #10 now.
2.  The ocean would rise up and swallow Siam where BKK now sits.   That one would be interesting, to say the least, as it could also bring the first one to fruition as well.  

Number 2 happened in 2011 and its been and gone. Your left with number one, so a civil war and a Thai republic is it not that far off?

Archived