Koh Lan: Island in crisis as Pattaya mayor admits it can't be called paradise!

webfact

7 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Yep as mentioned in many posts avoid "China Beach" Unless of course you are into that sort of thing but hey its an open forum, each to their own

Oh, I was trying to be nice by avoiding the garbage scene and a real Koh Larn floating turd photo posted on Facebook. Never mind, I am sure the readers will get the idea.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toughlove said:
Yep as mentioned in many posts avoid "China Beach" Unless of course you are into that sort of thing but hey its an open forum, each to their own   

I prefer to look at the babes on the other side of the island. But if searching Google for Chinese dudes in undies is you thing. Lol what could possess you to make a search like that? Creepy but if it's your thing then you will find thousands of pics for Chinese men in ther underwear on most islands.. Keep us posted [emoji16]

6 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Chinese dudes in undies is you thing. Lol what could possess you to make a search like that? Creepy but if it's your thing then you will find thousands of pics for Chinese men in ther underwear on most islands.. Keep us posted emoji16.png

Chinese men in undies bring them on I love em. Soiled and ripped are my favs.

If you live in Pattaya then Koh Larn is an easy option, I understand that.  But most of the people going to Koh Larn are coming from Bangkok, the provinces, or abroad via Pattaya/BKK.  There's no excuse for that as you could just as easily get to the south islands.  If you book a flight 3-6 months in advance in an Airasia sale you can get it for as cheap as 300 baht, cheaper than most buses from Isaan and not much more expensive than the bus from Bangkok.  Even booking just a week in advance you can still get 599 or 799 baht fares to most of the south.

The people on Koh Phrathong, Koh Jum, Koh Libong, Koh Lao Liang, have probably never met a Chinese tourist.

4 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

If you live in Pattaya then Koh Larn is an easy option, I understand that.  But most of the people going to Koh Larn are coming from Bangkok, the provinces, or abroad via Pattaya/BKK.

And wish to visit Pattaya as well, primarily in most cases.

There's no excuse for that as you could just as easily get to the south islands.

They have a perfectly good excuse: the south islands don't have BKK or Pattaya. And anyone coming from abroad would have to change planes, so technically it's not "just as easy." In fact, most foreign tourists could find a nicer beach much closer to home.

The people on Koh Phrathong, Koh Jum, Koh Libong, Koh Lao Liang, have probably never met a Chinese tourist.

True, but they'd love to have mobs of Chinese tourists. Nor do the Chinese tourists on Koh Larn care if they meet other Chinese tourists.

6 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

If you book a flight 3-6 months in advance in an Airasia sale you can get it for as cheap as 300 baht, cheaper than most buses from Isaan and not much more expensive than the bus from Bangkok.  Even booking just a week in advance you can still get 599 or 799 baht fares to most of the south.

Please tell us where you find 300 baht flights ! :shock1:

The base price with AirAsia for the South seems to be 790 baht. I remember exceptional promotions, like when they opened the lines, but never saw any below 590.

I just checked "Pattaya -> Hat Ya" and you can't find less than 790 even by booking 6 months or 1 year ahead.

Also remember that the flight is not the only cost. Travel to/from airports are usually not cheap.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, toughlove said:

Something bitter about your many posts on koh larn. I mean, we get it no need for twenty bash posts.

Strange though I guess you forgot you posted you liked the smaller beaches there.

Like you I go there because it's 30 mins away and 30 baht as opposed to 10k min for 5 star islands but you knew that already

Again it points to jaded expat forced away. Never mind Chiang mai is wonderful if you like beer bar grannies and tucked in at 9pm

Enjoy! emoji3.png I will enjoy the topless g string barbie dolls over on that shit island and you know exactly what I'm talking about emoji23.png

Strange though I guess you forgot you posted you liked the smaller beaches there.

If it's the post I think you mean, I said it wasn't too bad as not crowded, or something like that, but I didn't like the jet skiis. As I hate jet skiis it isn't somewhere I'll go back to.

10 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

If you live in Pattaya then Koh Larn is an easy option, I understand that.  But most of the people going to Koh Larn are coming from Bangkok, the provinces, or abroad via Pattaya/BKK.  There's no excuse for that as you could just as easily get to the south islands.  If you book a flight 3-6 months in advance in an Airasia sale you can get it for as cheap as 300 baht, cheaper than most buses from Isaan and not much more expensive than the bus from Bangkok.  Even booking just a week in advance you can still get 599 or 799 baht fares to most of the south.

and very happy for it to remain like that.

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please tell us where you find 300 baht flights ! :shock1:

https://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion.page

Check that link every couple of weeks.  Cheapest at the moment is 490 but during a sale period they go as low as 300 baht.  There's also a bigpoints kind of sale where you can get flights for 0 big points i.e. free (plus a processing fee).

• 11 months later...
LOL. It was a decrepit disgusting garbage tip long before the Chinese package tours turned up in Pattaya. Deserves to fail and be abandoned by tourists, but the Chinese love the place for seafood in the grotty hovels that pass for restaurants, so the speedboats will be full for a long time to come.

Toilets are a complete rip off for the decrepit stinking excuses for toilet facilities.

I can't think of a single good thing about the place.

To bad you couldn't figure out there is more than one beach where the Chinese day trippers go Buy a map dude

Was there last week. Good resteraunt, I didn't visit the rubbish tip and swam in Clear water but won't say what beaches in case Chinese spies are on this thread [emoji108]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Archived