BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Briton killed in Samui road accident, Russian in custody

Briton killed in Samui road accident, Russian in custody

By The Nation

acc.jpg

A Russian tourist faces charges after a 69-year-old British man was struck and killed by a car on Koh Samui late Wednesday night.

Deputy inspector Pol Capt Nawee Jittabal said he and other officials were summoned to the accident scene in front of the Samui Ice factory in Tambon Mae Nam at 1am Thursday.

They found the body of Peter William at the roadside and Andrei Kolesnikov, 31, driver of the Mazda that allegedly struck him, sitting nearby.

The spellings of both names are as recorded in Thai by the police.

A witness identifying herself only as Rungnapha told police she’d seen the Briton parking his motorcycle opposite a beer bar and waiting to cross the road when a speeding car hit him.

She said the impact hurled the man some 25 metres.

The area was poorly lit, she added.

The Russian is in custody pending legal action.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335987

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-11

I really can t think of anything I like about Russians other than most of them are still in Russia.

If he was speeding and the old Brit was standing at the curb when hit, the Ruskie should spend a while as a guest of the Thai Government 

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said the impact hurled the man some 25 metres

Wow, guess the guy was driving somewhere around 600km/h to be able to accomplish that.

Tourists go to jail, hi-so locals travel to S'pore

It takes a lot of energy to dent a bonnet (hood) like that - closing speed of 100mph. Maybe greater. This is what terrifies me about living here - take all the precautions you like - but then some clown driving in the dark, down twisty lanes, at speeds he wouldn't dare do at home, comes into your space. RIP Mr Peter.

Had to be a tourist unaware of Thai culture and mores: he didn't run away

Typical Russian[i live on samui]..have never seen a sober one yet..give him 25yrs in Bkk hilton...RIP the poor Brit.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Wow, guess the guy was driving somewhere around 600km/h to be able to accomplish that.

You have obviously slept or otherwise not been present during physics lessons...:coffee1:

I thought the Russians had had their fill of battering and trying to kill Brit pensioners at Euros 2016.  

Rip old fella.

if ya want to see how the Russians drive click on you tube, rip young man. you were enjoying your life.

No evidence whatsoever to say the Boris was drunk or speeding.  Cars are designed to dent easily.  Who's to know if the Brit was hammered and stumbled in to the path of the car?