Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s---hole’ countries

webfact

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries

By Josh Dawsey 

The Washington Post

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

Full story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html

-- The Washington Post 2018-01-12

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday..."

Or put another way, 'Why can't we have more white people?'

It is truly sad to see the US being dragged down to the level of this idiot. I sincerely hope that Americans will get their act together soon and rid themselves of this...'thing'. There is a very long list of things to respect about the US, but it is impossible to do while this racist is in the White House.

Trump is a disgusting human being. He is a SHIT stain on America. He must be removed - NOW. He is destroying America. Every breath he takes is to destroy democracy and decency.  He will be the most hated man in the world. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities. What a shallow/little man.

He met with the Norwegian PM a few days ago, where he declared that the U.S. has delivered "fictional" fighter jets, so Norway was "on his mind".

“In November we started delivering the first F-52s and F-35 fighter jets,” Trump said. “We have a total of 52 and they’ve delivered a number of them already a little ahead of schedule.”

President Trump caused a stir with his announcement that the United States had delivered F-52 fighter jets to Norway.  Neither, it turns out. The “F-52” is a fictional jet only available to fly if you’re a gamer at the controls of “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.” Trump lauded the sale of the fictional planes alongside Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg at the White House on Wednesday, remarking on the very real and growing defense relationship with America’s Northern Europe ally.

No one from Norway wants to come to the U.S. now, although there may be more Americans of Norwegian descent in the U.S. now than there are living in Norway?

Why not just break it down into two simple categories?

Anglo-Saxon countries: Okay for immigration into the USA.

Non-Anglo-Saxon countries (shitholes): Barred from immigration into the USA.

That would probably work just fine for Donny John and the "MAGA" crowd.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

President Trump caused a stir with his announcement that the United States had delivered F-52 fighter jets to Norway.  Neither, it turns out. The “F-52” is a fictional jet only available to fly if you’re a gamer at the controls of “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Huh, who knew Donny John likes to play Call of Duty? Seems more of an Angry Birds type.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

The USA has 69 x as many rollercoasters as Norway , I can 't imagine why Norwegians wouldn t want to leave their  2nd highest GDP per capita in the world to live in a country run by a racist.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Norway/United-States/Lifestyle

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

At least he has the balls to speak his mind .....  not like other so called democratic smoke screen countries such as Australia where all you get is BS and lies.

His balls are much bigger than his mind is the problem.  I'll bet he couldn' t find Norway on a map.

25 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

The USA has 69 x as many rollercoasters as Norway , I can 't imagine why Norwegians wouldn t want to leave their  2nd highest GDP per capita in the world to live in a country run by a racist.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Norway/United-States/Lifestyle

maybe its  their 40-45% tax  rates

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

At least he has the balls to speak his mind .....  not like other so called democratic smoke screen countries such as Australia where all you get is BS and lies.

For  once I actually  agree  with you on Trump although I also don't  like the military govt here and think they are total dicks its is unfortunately probably the best of a worse  case scenario .

Many of my American friends believe that anyone who is not a criminal, should be allowed in the states. Problem is, that these same people don't want any new neighbors. Hard to have both.

I live on the outskirts of a mostly peaceful farming village in Phitsanulok. And while I hope that living conditions in neighboring countries improve; I would not want a village of 1000 refugees relocated next door...

scarecrow.jpg

50 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Or put another way, 'Why can't we have more white people?'

Probably because he didnt say that, and what you inferred from the article is called a straw man. 

AKA Liberal logic. 

People always have this kind of shit to say but would be the first to double deadbolt their doors if their street became a de-facto little Haiti. 

19 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

The world just can't handle people saying what's really on their mind.

And  worse  still these  days many things simply  cant be said  without screams of racist bigot denier etc etc 

I'd personally  take in anyone from any country who is prepared to work HARD  with zero ability to take any social security  until a minimum of 8 years is paid into any benefits system ,unfortunately many probably don't and go direct to benefits.

Statue of Liberty plaque, "The New Colossus"... in part

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah. it needs  re-writing for  this century, times have changed since then.

My mom was in a US nursing home for 6 years, during that time I came to realize how important people from "sh%thole" countries like Haiti and Africa were to her care. The "sh%thole" staff members treated her almost as if she was their own mom during a difficult daily care regimen, the American staff treated her like a commodity there to pay their salaries only. I think Donald does not realize how hard many of these immigrants are willing to work and the dirty jobs they are willing to do that Americans are simply not capable of.

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

My mom was in a US nursing home for 6 years, during that time I came to realize how important people from "sh%thole" countries like Haiti and Africa were to her care. The "sh%thole" staff members treated her almost as if she was their own mom during a difficult daily care regimen, the American staff treated here like a commodity there to pay their salaries only. I think Donald does not realize how hard many of these immigrants are willing to work and the durty jobs they are willing to do that Americans are simply not capable of.

There is some truth to that. Jamaican and African's play a big role in quality care .It's the take care take care instilled since child hood,same as Thailand 

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

That was just the ad campaign for immigrant labor. They really should change it to: Please, no soliciting,  junk mail, or huddled masses, thank you. 

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said

This question demonstrates the massive stupidity and lack of mental processing in Trump. A five year old could answer that question "Uh maybe they want a better place to live daddy?"

Part Trump's unintended "plan" is to "make America a shithole again" and that will take care of immigration.

Archived