Over 33 per cent of children are ‘disadvantaged’

rooster59

9 hours ago, greenchair said:

Thai children are not disadvantaged at all. 

Village people that are not thai are disadvantaged. 

That isnt quite correct .

Disadvantaged kids in Thai villages get treated all the same, whether they be Thai or not.

Those non Thai kids in the villages, who were born in Thailand and whose Parents were born in Thailand, but whos Grandparents came from Myanmar of Laos, have more right to live in Thailand than you do

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Disadvantaged kids in Thai villages get treated all the same, whether they be Thai or not.

Those non Thai kids in the villages, who were born in Thailand and whose Parents were born in Thailand, but whos Grandparents came from Myanmar of Laos, have more right to live in Thailand than you do

Absolute rubbish

I thought this was about disadvantaged kids not foreigners having the 'right' to live in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Genmai said:

Let's take your argument seriously:

As a wealthy foreigner compared to hill-tribe people I have infinitely more spending power and as such contribute a much greater amount of money to the Thai economy. Let's imagine that I disregarded Thai law and immigrated here illegally.

Stop right there :

Those hill tribe people own the land, the land legally belongs to them and they are in Thailand legally , many with Thai citizenship and all the land is cultivated .

Much of the fruit and rice and every other available food is grown there by them .

All that cheap food that you consume, is grown by them

I have seen the dire state of hill tribes and their poverty-stricken existence. The problem is that a nation and its laws should primarily be in the interests of its law-abiding taxpaying citizens. 

Another solution would be give these people Thai citizenship and then enable them to get jobs legally and pay taxes , although would stop them being exploited for cheap labour and this would cause prices to rise .

I have seen the dire state of hill tribes and their poverty-stricken existence. The problem is that a nation and its laws should primarily be in the interests of its law-abiding taxpaying citizens. Thailand is surrounded on all sides by large swathes of jungle where people live like they are in the stone ages. Legitimizing the divergence of state funds to these people and freely handing out Thai citizenship to them might solve a short-term problem but it would also send a strong message to the poor and downtrodden folk in neighbouring countries. This would a)- open the floodgates for masses of undocumented migrants 

No it wouldnt, it wouldnt cause a flood of people from neighboring Countries flooding into Thailand, reason being that all the people in the villages are documented by the Thai Gov , all registered on the family register at the local Amphur .

There is a difference between illegal immigrants and those villagers with the legal right to remain in Thailand

Just now, roo860 said:

So what's the threshold for paying tax?

I have no idea, but its irrelevant anyway.

I was replying to the post above which stated that the people who do not pay tax, should not benefit from tax payers money .

My point was that if they were able to join the tax system, through taxable income, then that would make them eligible (in his opinion) to be on the receiving end of tax payers money.

Whether their income would make them eligible to pay taxes is besides the point, as they would be in the same position as Thais , who work and pay taxes and also get the benefits from the Government

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

I agree with you. 

I see alot of low income people in Thailand , just like every other country. 

And they do need some extra support and help just like in other countries. 

But from what I see, all their basic needs are met. 

Home, clothing, food, education and health care. The people that live in the villagers do not need the extravagances of the people in the city. 

They are fine, and all help each other. 

20 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I agree with you. 

Home, clothing, food, education and health care. The people that live in the villagers do not need the extravagances of the people in the city. 

Although I dont believe that they get given homes, clothing or food .

Although kids in school do get subsidised uniforms and a meal per day and a cartoon of milk and the occasional blanket during the winter months

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, rooster59 said:

33 per cent of children are ‘disadvantaged’

But this is why Thailand has a Children's Day. So the disadvantaged children can go and see the military displays organised by the heavily wrist-watched army generals and see the cardboard cut-outs of the PM and shake his cut-out hand and feel the delight and satisfaction of importance from sitting in his salubrious office chair.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

I agree with you. 

"The people that live in the villages do not need the extravagances of the people of the city"

Which ones?    Running water. health care, internet access ?  which ones don t they need?

13 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

But this is why Thailand has a Children's Day. So the disadvantaged children can go and see the military displays organised by the heavily wrist-watched army generals and see the cardboard cut-outs of the PM and shake his cut-out hand and feel the delight and satisfaction of importance from sitting in his salubrious office chair.

Stop being so negative .

Of all the Country wide positive things that happen on Childrens day in Thailand , you have to find an angle to be critical about it .

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop being so negative .

Of all the Country wide positive things that happen on Childrens day in Thailand , you have to find an angle to be critical about it .

Sorry to offend your sensibilities,   you make me feel like Trump saying racist thing on MLK Day.

Lets celebrate that children can climb on tanks and have their picture taken with cardboard cut outs!

Who cares if they are disadvantaged, they are happy today.

I'm not the Grinch that stole Christmas!!   :smile::smile::smile:

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop being so negative .

I would say that on children's day it is especially appropriate to examine the role the authorities pay in the welfare of children.

blind acceptance of one's lot is for domesticated animals.

4 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Sorry to offend your sensibilities,   you make me feel like Trump saying racist thing on MLK Day.

Lets celebrate that children can climb on tanks and have their picture taken with cardboard cut outs!

Who cares if they are disadvantaged, they are happy today.

I'm not the Grinch that stole Christmas!!   :smile::smile::smile:

There are many other things going on for Childrens day all over Thailand , you may thing that Children Shouldnt climb on tanks, but I dont see anything wrong with it , took a two year old to a military show yesterday and he thoroughly enjoyed it .

Also, there were street parties all over the place yesterday with no tank or cardboard cut out in sight

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There are many other things going on for Childrens day all over Thailand , you may thing that Children Shouldnt climb on tanks, but I dont see anything wrong with it , took a two year old to a military show yesterday and he thoroughly enjoyed it .

Also, there were street parties all over the place yesterday with no tank or cardboard cut out in sight

let's also  understand the difference between entertainment and indoctrination.

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am aware what goes  on Children's day.  I was awakened by a helicopter landing in the school play ground very near my country house.

What I didn t realise that one shouldn t voice concerns on the Children's day weekend or that if your kid is happy the 33% of children in Thailand that are disadvantaged should shut their mouths.

And a two year old has a very low threshold of happiness.  I've seen them kill themselves laughing over a grasshopper.  But I bet your two year old is different and far more intellectual.

1 minute ago, greatwhitenorth said:

What I didn t realise that one shouldn t voice concerns on the Children's day weekend or that if your kid is happy the 33% of children in Thailand that are disadvantaged should shut their mouths.

Who said that the 33 % of disadvantaged Children should "shut their mouths "?

Maybe you should look at the many positives, rather than focusing on one thing that you perceive to be be a negative

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who said that the 33 % of disadvantaged Children should "shut their mouths "?

Maybe you should look at the many positives, rather than focusing on one thing that you perceive to be be a negative

ok, I will look at the bright side.   a single poster took a two year old to see a tank and the baby pooped his pants he was so happy.  

It was children's day yesterday, all is well at the sanemex household

2 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

ok, I will look at the bright side.   a single poster took a two year old to see a tank and the baby pooped his pants he was so happy.  

It was children's day yesterday, all is well at the sanemex household

There is a whole World there happening outside of Thaivisa reports and TV posters

There were millions of kids participating in Children's day activities yesterday and you focus on the few who shook hands with a card board cut out .

If Prayrut completely ignored the day , Im an sure that you would moan about that as well

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

There is a whole World there happening outside of Thaivisa reports and TV posters

There were millions of kids participating in Children's day activities yesterday and you focus on the few who shook hands with a card board cut out .

If Prayrut completely ignored the day , Im an sure that you would moan about that as well

Please it is disrespectful to discuss the needs of children on children's day weekend.  I will focus on the positive and savour the beauty of the special day your two year old had with a tank.  Lets all hold hands and soak all the love and happiness in.  Now no more talking about this until Monday Jan 15th please

i think Children's is one of the most pertinent occasions to discus the status and welfare of children in Thailand and that would also include an analysis of how the authorities view and conduct themselves on such occasions. It gives a good insight into how effective they may be wen dealing with these issues.

Sanmax doesn't seem to have an opinion on the issues but just thinks they shouldn't be aired or discussed.....I fail to see the logic in that.

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

Sanmax doesn't seem to have an opinion on the issues but just thinks they shouldn't be aired or discussed.....I fail to see the logic in that.

You missed my point, I was replying to someone who stated that the purpose of Childrens day was solely to see the military and to praise Prayrut and I was just pointing out that there is much more to Childrens day than those two happenings

Archived