Buy 7-11 Franchise in Thailand

6 hours ago, lkn said:

This actually does make some sense, because majority of customers arrive on motorbike, so they will pick the first 7-Eleven *on their side of the road*. So two 7-Eleven’s opposite each other are probably in less competition than with the 7-Eleven 100 meter down the road (on the same side).

Try and get a space in the ground floor of some a huge  skyscraper condo

People come down in their pyjamas at all times of the day and night and they're too lazy to go a step further than necessary 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Try and get a space in the ground floor of some a huge  skyscraper condo

People come down in their pyjamas at all times of the day and night and they're too lazy to go a step further than necessary 

Usually people like to go to 7/11 because they know what they can expect there.

If the main reason for the people to visit the shop is simply laziness to go a bit further it would probably make more sense to open your own shop and not a franchise, because people would come anyway (as long as you provide the stuff like sandwiches, dishes to microwave and so on)

• 7 months later...
On 1/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, Peterw42 said:

I dont know how true the stories are but supposedly there are franchise stores and company stores, if you have a successful franchise store then the Company will open a company store close by.

I asked my thai friend why their were two 7-11 on opposite corners on a quiet street, and she told me the same thing. If its true then you have been warned.

11 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

I asked my thai friend why their were two 7-11 on opposite corners on a quiet street, and she told me the same thing. If its true then you have been warned.

It's not quite as evil as you make it sound. 7-11 has a policy that if your store is doing more than a certain volume per day, they will authorize a second store in the area to relieve the traffic. They do this so that customers never have to wait too long for service. It can be either a corporate store or another franchise. It depends on the situation. On busy intersections, it is not unheard of to see 4  stores, one on each corner.

It is a distinction without a difference though. Your maximum growth for any 7-11 has an upper limit. You can not exceed this profit by design.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, rickudon said:

It's not competition from other 7-11's i would worry about so much, never seen 2 within about 100 metres. It is the other competitors, Mini BigC and Tesco Express. Near us, a Mini BigC opened 2 doors away from a 7-11. But even more blatant, a bit out of town, a 7-11 opened and did well. 9 months later , a Tesco Express opened NEXT DOOR. Try and pick a site where the competition doesn't have empty plots to choose from close by.

we have a 7-11 in the building next door.  500m to the end of the soi, there are THREE 7-11's at one intersection, one on each side of the soi, one across the road.  there are another 5 within 500m.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I was told that if you want to buy 7/11 you better put 60 hours a week minimum (not something you can do part time) for 30k a month.

And you need a University degree........honest, I looked.

• 9 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, HulkSmash said:

Yes there are more than 10,000.
7-11 stores in Thailand. Achieving the milestone faster pace than japan.
And they have a plan to expand more

I guess that buying a franchise is also depend upon the location itself
Like central Bangkok or (Soi’s in Asok) or something.
Meanwhile I have permanent job and this will be part time. Not sure I will have a time to manage all that emoji4.png
Any idea how much is the average profit we can make from 7-11 franchise , after paying the wages and rental
?
In many places in Thailand you can stand in one spot, turn 360 degrees and count 4 or 5 7-11 stores.  Unlike many franchises 7-11 does not guarantee you a specific territory without more 7-11's competing.  A part time endeavor?  New owners of any franchise especially in areas such as Thailand need to be in place many hours a week and available when away from the store.  Good luck, you're going to need it.  Think about doing a marketing survey of the area to see if there is even a demand for what you are thinking about doing.  And, above all if you do open a 7-11 do not overload your parking area with food vendors.  They may pay you rent but at times your customers will be unable to get to your store.    

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived