Pattaya approved 95 million baht to tow away Koh Larn’s trash

Rimmer

Pattaya approved 95 million baht to tow away Koh Larn’s trash

image.png

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya City Council has approved spending 95 million baht for new barges to bring Koh Larn’s garbage surplus to a mainland landfill.

The city has requested the budget from the central government and still needs to meet to discuss specifics of the vessels to be purchased and the process behind eliminating the resort island’s 50,000-ton backlog.

Towing the rubbish to the mainland was one of five options being considered by the city to solve Koh Larn’s trash crisis, along with burying and burning the garbage, composting it or using it as fuel for a new waste-to-energy incinerator.

Currently 12 rai of land near Samae Beach is overflowing and causing a problem for both the environment and tourism. Residents said they want the trash removed and not burned or buried on the island due to the environmental impacts.

Officials said they plan to have the relocated garbage sorted for plastic and metal scrap that can be recycled.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-01-14

So the solution to this issue is to transport the trash to the mainland, and then bury it in landfill.

OK ! dont pollute the Golden Goose that the officials think in Koh Larn, just pollute some area inland instead.

Pollution is pollution, it matters not where the crime takes place.

And with China now refusing to take a large amount of Plastic waste, does anybody really believe that there will be an effective recycling program for all this accumulated trash ? Certainly not me 

They need a proper incinerator on site or transfer the wast to sealed containers for shipping...

I am assuming that it will be done the Thai way, using a grab bucket to load a lorry that will take it to a pier where another grab bucket will transfer what has not been blown or fallen from the lorry to a barge.

Then the barge will transfer what did not fall into sea at the pier to a pier somewhere near Pattaya where it will be off loaded using another grab bucket transfer the barges loads to awaiting lorries.

Be lucky if 50% of the wast gets to it's intended destination with a lot of it ending up in the sea.

Hahaha one of my last comment on the other koh larn thread was surely they could add another barge to take up the shortfall of 10 tonnes per day.

I think the junta have spies here.

Great news though and for the newbies they have been shipping trash to the mainland for decades already but the damned tourists keep multiplying!

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

They need a proper incinerator on site or transfer the wast to sealed containers for shipping...

I am assuming that it will be done the Thai way, using a grab bucket to load a lorry that will take it to a pier where another grab bucket will transfer what has not been blown or fallen from the lorry to a barge.

Then the barge will transfer what did not fall into sea at the pier to a pier somewhere near Pattaya where it will be off loaded using another grab bucket transfer the barges loads to awaiting lorries.

Be lucky if 50% of the wast gets to it's intended destination with a lot of it ending up in the sea.

Yes and pay dozens and dozens of workers instead some efficient mass moving operation with D8s or D9s, efficient loading onto the barges at the dock or pier, etc. 

8 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Or merely another "TVF disaster thread" written all over it. Hee hee.

Hopefully JSix you will volunteer to oversee it all then we can be safe in the knowledge it gets done properly...........:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Hopefully JSix you will volunteer to oversee it all then we can be safe in the knowledge it gets done properly...........:thumbsup:

Should be good for a lot of the usual laughs at our ace engineers and urban planning experts.

7 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Should be good for a lot of the usual laughs at our ace engineers and urban planning experts.

There are plenty of "garbage/salvage" folks roaming (with canine helpers) our wonderful city daily who could do the job far cheaper than 95 mill figure quoted I,m sure....:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, petermik said:

There are plenty of "garbage/salvage" folks roaming (with canine helpers) our wonderful city daily who could do the job far cheaper than 95 mill figure quoted I,m sure....:thumbsup:

Entirely unsatisfactory for several reasons.

First, the mighty TVF Tea Money Chorus wishes to convene for this project and enjoy chanting the chants, demonstrating true "insider" knowledge.

Second, our ace TVF Rubbish Disposal Experts have been patiently waiting for their opportunity to display their extraordinary expertise, like the ace--sorry, I can't mention other projects that our other ace engineers supervised.

And third, our countless finger pointers will simply observe that the "garbage/salvage folks roaming" have done a poor job indeed in Pattaya itself, and so can't be trusted with Koh Larn.

I gave the best possible solution three years ago for Pattaya and it will fit Koh Larn perfectly. The best thing about it, from the TVF Poster viewpoint, is that it doesn't rely on the stupid Thais at all but on superior farang engineering. And it is under the control of the individual, not some stupid Thai bureaucratic institution. It addresses all our whinges. Here it is:

The Solution

Decided to have lunch at Central yesterday but--how to get there safely? Fortunately, after reading this thread and realizing how truly horrible conditions have become in the cesspool (just in the last six months, though they had been building up), I had purchased my very own hazmat suit.

I can now highly recommend such to all visitors to Pattaya now, such as the OP. Come on back to Pattaya, man!

Saint-Gobain-OneSuitPro-220.jpg

Finally, I could breathe the toxic Pattaya air safely! It was just like that clean Bangkok air the OP prefers. smile.png

On my way, I crawled in and out of the countless open ditches and drains easily, not like before when I always sprained my ankles. The horrific stench over the entire city didn't bother me a bit! I also crawled over and walked around all the mountains of garbage everywhere--on the streets, the sidewalks, the promenade. And the hordes of rats constantly patrolling seemed positively afraid of my bright orange. Similarly the crazy drivers and baht buses could now see me clearly and detoured around--so none of those usual near death experiences. Of course they still had no consideration at all for their passengers. Disgusting!

Just before walking into Central, I walked over to the horrible polluted beach with its sewage floating everywhere and trash piles. No longer was I concerned about getting my feet black, one of the worst things that can happen 'cause it's permanent. Think: there you are with a lovely in Soi 6 and she sees those black feet! Big turnoff. What you gonna say?

Well, I walked into Central and took of the suit in a bathroom and packed it in a carry bag just in case, as predicted by our doomsayers, the building fell down and I needed it to climb out of the rubble or survive until rescue. Bases covered!

If only more would purchase such suits, tourism would at last revive in DYING PATTAYA. You'd see people on the deserted streets once again.

--https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724643-just-been-to-pattaya-for-a-visit/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-7835579

19 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Entirely unsatisfactory for several reasons.

First, the mighty TVF Tea Money Chorus wishes to convene for this project and enjoy chanting the chants, demonstrating true "insider" knowledge.

Second, our ace TVF Rubbish Disposal Experts have been patiently waiting for their opportunity to display their extraordinary expertise, like the ace--sorry, I can't mention other projects that our other ace engineers supervised.

And third, our countless finger pointers will simply observe that the "garbage/salvage folks roaming" have done a poor job indeed in Pattaya itself, and so can't be trusted with Koh Larn.

I gave the best possible solution three years ago for Pattaya and it will fit Koh Larn perfectly. The best thing about it, from the TVF Poster viewpoint, is that it doesn't rely on the stupid Thais at all but on superior farang engineering. And it is under the control of the individual, not some stupid Thai bureaucratic institution. It addresses all our whinges. Here it is:

The Solution

Decided to have lunch at Central yesterday but--how to get there safely? Fortunately, after reading this thread and realizing how truly horrible conditions have become in the cesspool (just in the last six months, though they had been building up), I had purchased my very own hazmat suit.

I can now highly recommend such to all visitors to Pattaya now, such as the OP. Come on back to Pattaya, man!

Saint-Gobain-OneSuitPro-220.jpg

Finally, I could breathe the toxic Pattaya air safely! It was just like that clean Bangkok air the OP prefers. smile.png

On my way, I crawled in and out of the countless open ditches and drains easily, not like before when I always sprained my ankles. The horrific stench over the entire city didn't bother me a bit! I also crawled over and walked around all the mountains of garbage everywhere--on the streets, the sidewalks, the promenade. And the hordes of rats constantly patrolling seemed positively afraid of my bright orange. Similarly the crazy drivers and baht buses could now see me clearly and detoured around--so none of those usual near death experiences. Of course they still had no consideration at all for their passengers. Disgusting!

Just before walking into Central, I walked over to the horrible polluted beach with its sewage floating everywhere and trash piles. No longer was I concerned about getting my feet black, one of the worst things that can happen 'cause it's permanent. Think: there you are with a lovely in Soi 6 and she sees those black feet! Big turnoff. What you gonna say?

Well, I walked into Central and took of the suit in a bathroom and packed it in a carry bag just in case, as predicted by our doomsayers, the building fell down and I needed it to climb out of the rubble or survive until rescue. Bases covered!

If only more would purchase such suits, tourism would at last revive in DYING PATTAYA. You'd see people on the deserted streets once again.

--https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724643-just-been-to-pattaya-for-a-visit/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-7835579

Jeez man you've trotted this out more times than the BBC repeat episodes of Dad's Army ..

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Jeez man you've trotted this out more times than the BBC repeat episodes of Dad's Army ..

Well, then you should have cited it pre-emptively. You see we have a lot of noobs who Need To Know; many of our old trolls (but obviously not all) familiar with it have been banned or faded away. Further, the same old points deserve the same old responses. So I'll keep doing it. :smile:

Jes gon' have to suck it up along with all the rest, pal. :biggrin:

On 16/01/2018 at 8:33 AM, JSixpack said:

Well, then you should have cited it pre-emptively. You see we have a lot of noobs who Need To Know; many of our old trolls (but obviously not all) familiar with it have been banned or faded away. Further, the same old points deserve the same old responses. So I'll keep doing it. :smile:

Jes gon' have to suck it up along with all the rest, pal. :biggrin:

Rather long winded way of saying you are fresh out of new idea's .. Is it not ..

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Rather long winded way of saying you are fresh out of new idea's .. Is it not ..

No. You'll need to re-read my last post carefully and try for comprehension. Rather, both your posts are merely confessions that you're out of arguments--assuming you had any--and so must typically resort to off-topic attacks against the poster. In the past your irrelevance has been deleted, as you may recall.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Basil B said:

Ohhh Mi Gawd...

That will be a an environmental hazard with half ending up in the sea. :sad: 

100% correct. For that money they could set up a rubbish sorting facility on the island, which would employ lots of poor Thais, and compost biological waste. 

Why is it they can't come up with a better solution than just dumping it? No need to answer that- most of us know the answer.

Archived