Hua Hin: Jealous man arrested over murder of bar-worker wife

webfact

Jealous man arrested over murder of bar-worker wife

By Kittipong Maneerit 
The Nation

40620b6c80c0622436a31834055e9092-sld.jpe

A man has confessed to killing his bar-worker wife last Thursday over jealousy and a money dispute.

Mingkwan Rattanapetch, 27, known as Saranya, was strangled inside her apartment in Bangkok. Her husband, Noppadon Singhachote, 22, told police that he got angry when Saranya quarrelled with him over money and threatened to leave him for another man. 

Noppadon claimed Saranya wanted to break up with him, despite being together for five years and having registered their marriage. 

Following Saranya’s death, Noppadon took her valuables with him and went into hiding in Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan. Police tracked him down and arrested him on Saturday night.

On Sunday, he was brought to the scene of the murder, where many local residents watched the crime re-enactment and cursed him.  

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336222

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-15

One thing about re-enactments, public punishment, accusations, ridicule, have I think in many studies been shown to help reduce crime, especially public punishment.  While seemingly and maybe really barbaric, the old public hanging with the crowds, jeering, sneering, and spitting may have helped deter people from committing crimes in the future.  Instead, courts are closed, punishments rarely made known, etc.  I bet there will not be any followup to this case anywhere publicly visible. 

Death, by a single bullet to the left temple which is the side that is hollowest, if its not, who cares as we need to rid this small d#ck syndrome, and until a cure is found, which is more likely "never", then the single bullet antidote will have to do

One problem I see here many times is that the Thai 'Husband' drops his wife off to work at a bar so as to provide him with money to go drink with friends, or even Mia Noi's etc. These losers then get jealous when their Wife / Girlfriend finds someone who may give them the chance of a happier / better life, be he Thai or Farang. The point of registering the marriage means absolutely zero to these low lifes.

After that the Thai Male insecurity / jealousy, call it what you want, kicks in and this, sadly is the result.

R.I.P.  Saranya.....:sad:

," told police that he got angry when Saranya quarrelled with him over money and threatened to leave him for another man."

so basically he asked for money as usual to go out drinking and whatever else with him mates and she said he can't have it so he murdered her. doubt jealousy even came into it. RIP,

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

One thing about re-enactments, public punishment, accusations, ridicule, have I think in many studies been shown to help reduce crime, especially public punishment.  While seemingly and maybe really barbaric, the old public hanging with the crowds, jeering, sneering, and spitting may have helped deter people from committing crimes in the future.  Instead, courts are closed, punishments rarely made known, etc.  I bet there will not be any followup to this case anywhere publicly visible. 

Could you post a link to just one of the "many studies" please?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Death, by a single bullet to the left temple which is the side that is hollowest, if its not, who cares as we need to rid this small d#ck syndrome, and until a cure is found, which is more likely "never", then the single bullet antidote will have to do

They've been doing the 'single bullet' trick for aeons in China and the "small dick's" family have to pay for the bullet.

Despite this, there's no shortage (sic) of small dicks in China.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

link please to data showing thai brain is most hollow on left side

Before anyone gets carried away with Thainess, loss of face, money for beer ... these men exist all over the world. Jealousy and rage are not restricted to Thailand. It is also possible that this man may well have attacked his wife before but, also not unusually, she may have returned to him/stayed with him.

The tragic point is that sometimes it is obvious that a man like this is likely to do harm and sometimes it isn't.

Sorry for the wife, her friends and family. 

So, this guy married her and then pimped her out at a bar.....scumbag. Even worse is that he kills her because she wants something better after the way she has been treated. Throw away the key and these perps should not be able to hide behind face masks or helmets. The public should be allowed to see their faces.  

On 1/15/2018 at 8:33 AM, RichardColeman said:

String him up by his testicles would be my choice.

What about if it is a woman?

On 1/15/2018 at 6:14 AM, gk10002000 said:

Also I am all for very public executions.  (Hanging, shooting, head chopping, anything). I believe that if people were constantly reminded of the dire consequences of their actions they might actually think before they act.  

And none of this appeal after appeal shit.  You get one.  You still found guilty you have one week and and then done.  Think of the money that would be saved on jailing these asses.

And for lesser offenses you get three chances.  After that your done.  

Archived