Foreign couple caught writing graffiti on Koh Lanta - locals outraged

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This couple are doing Graffiti, tag is a childs game, tagging is what animals do to mark territory,

Street arrt is rare. I hope this couple are found, taken back to the location to paint that wall,

fined and then deported after getting their names published.

Geezer

On 15/01/2018 at 10:39 AM, petermik said:

I have visited Koh Lanta a few times and to be honest the roads/pavements are the worst I have ever encountered anywhere.....graffiti from idiots is the least of their problems :whistling:

Last year there was a lot of road construction on Lanta, the roads have been made wider in many places, and still a lot of ongoing construction work.

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

Not at all. This goes under the term Mischief, and is punishable by law without any complaints from the owner if caught under other circumstances. Read below.

Chapter 7: Offence of Mischief

Section 358. Mischief

Whoever, damaging, destroying, causing the depreciation of value or rendering useless the property belonging to the other person or which the other person to be the co-owner, such person to be said to commit mischief, and shall be imprisoned not out of three years or fined not more of six thousand Baht, or both.

Section 359. Special Mischief Circumstances

If the offence under Section 358 be committed against:

1. An engine or machinery used for agricultural or industrial pursuits;
  2. A cattle;
  3. A conveyance or a beast of burden used for public transportation or for agricultural or industrial pursuits; or
  4. A plant or produce of an agriculturist,

The offender shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

Section 360. Punishment

Whoever, damaging, destroying, causing the depreciation of value or rendering useless the property used or possessed for public benefit, shall be imprisoned not out of five yours or fined not more of ten thousand Baht, or both.

Section 360-2. Depreciation of the Value of Property

Whoever, damages, destroys, causes depreciation in value or renders useless the properties according to the first paragraph of Section 335-2, which is stranded in the places according to the second paragraph of Section 335-2, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding ten years or fined not exceeding twenty thousand Baht, or both.

Section 361. Compoundable Offense

The offences under Sections 358 and 359 are compoundable offences.

End of that discussion, I guess? Or do you want to continue? If you do not find this information fitting out of any reason, I can send you the total Thai Law in English version by private message.

Not sure why you think anything there counters what I stated, but again, without the owners complaint there is no crime, after all, without the complaint how could the courts decide whether or not the persons property has been damaged or indeed they have asked someone to paint their wall?

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

So, I guess a wall has to be in pristine condition to escape the defacing of these vandals? If it's just been erected and freshly painted it's safe, but if it's weathered and unpainted, ie Great Wall of China, it's up for grabs? Your intellect is on a par with these two geniuses. 

It would hardly take a genius to follow what I have said and you have failed dramatically, so I would keep your attempts at belittling to yourself if I were you or you might just find them applying to yourself.

And no, I do not think that a wall has to be in pristine condition to not be defaced, but I dispute that this particular wall has been defaced, which means to spoil the appearance of, as the wall was already of such poor appearance that the painting changed nothing, and I just think it unlikely that anyone will press charges over a painting on this wall as it they have lost nothing, they did not even bother to render the block work at the top do you really think they are going to feel the need to paint over this?

12 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This couple are doing Graffiti, tag is a childs game, tagging is what animals do to mark territory,

Street arrt is rare. I hope this couple are found, taken back to the location to paint that wall,

fined and then deported after getting their names published.

Geezer

"This couple are doing Graffiti"

Really?  Thanks for letting us know!

"tag is a child's game,"

And a buffalo is a grazer, but whats the point?

"tagging is what animals do to mark territory"

No, that's pissing.

"Street art is rare."

You need to get out more.

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It would hardly take a genius to follow what I have said and you have failed dramatically, so I would keep your attempts at belittling to yourself if I were you or you might just find them applying to yourself.

And no, I do not think that a wall has to be in pristine condition to not be defaced, but I dispute that this particular wall has been defaced, which means to spoil the appearance of, as the wall was already of such poor appearance that the painting changed nothing, and I just think it unlikely that anyone will press charges over a painting on this wall as it they have lost nothing, they did not even bother to render the block work at the top do you really think they are going to feel the need to paint over this?

What you have said is condoning vandalism, nothing more.

27 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

LOL, you really are digging yourself into the stupid hole, I am sorry but I am not going to help you out.

Man, you wrote the book on stupid, but as someone has rightly pointed out, you are just a wind-up artist, not worth a key stroke.

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

LOL, you really are digging yourself into the stupid hole, I am sorry but I am not going to help you out.

Well after reading your posts, i can only think that the time is right for you to increase your meds.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Man, you wrote the book on stupid, but as someone has rightly pointed out, you are just a wind-up artist, not worth a key stroke.

Darling, you have failed at basic English comprehension and come to silly conclusions that you actually made up all by yourself, either go back through and read what was actually said and this time try to actually understand it or just give up, the latter you will probably find easier.

Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).

Americans, just like the ones caught in BKK and the travelling butt buddies.
They were the ones fined for graphitic in BKK not the two this article is about

On ‎15‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 7:48 PM, Get Real said:

There are some factors that you seem to disregard.

1. The wall might be ugly, but does that give these people the right to treat it as their own property?
2. Many walls in these areas are fances to temples or other sacred areas. They might be messing with a wall like that.

3. Did these persons have permission to paint this wall?

4. It is an offense according to thai law to engage in such activities.

5. Your own assessment regarding if the wall is beautiful or not is totally irrelevant, due to that it´s not yours or theirs wall. Meaning there is no room in the law for a judgement call.

I guess we just had a thought about the "knickers" and the "twists". How horrible the wall seems be be in a single persons view, it´s still and unlawful behaviour. When you visit another country, it´s not right to break the law, right? Now it suddenly became that "Big Deal".

There is a factor that some other members seem to disregard and that is the sentence. There is no room in the law for a judgement call on that either.

That makes the proposed punishments by some on this forum totally irrelevant

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not sure why you think anything there counters what I stated, but again, without the owners complaint there is no crime, after all, without the complaint how could the courts decide whether or not the persons property has been damaged or indeed they have asked someone to paint their wall?

Here we go again. The first thing the police should ask, is of course if they are hired or have permission, but then they probably fall on doing a work without WP or the right documents for volontary work.

If they do not have a permission, it clearly stated in my previous comment that based on the law without complaints it´s punishable with three years or fined not more of six thousand Baht, or both.

If you do not understand that now, I can only feel sad. Not even going to try to explain it for you again.

1 hour ago, nairobbi said:

There is a factor that some other members seem to disregard and that is the sentence. There is no room in the law for a judgement call on that either.

That makes the proposed punishments by some on this forum totally irrelevant

Thanks a lot! Can I hire you as my future teacher? 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, jippytum said:

Can't understand the mentality of anyone  coming to scenic holiday destination and riding around with an  aerosol can looking for a suitable property to deface together with his female partner .If they are caught make them miss their flights while they clean up the mass before deportation.

i agree the fine. plus hard labor cleaning the wall. 

Archived