BANGKOK 19 April 2019 07:26

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Foreign couple caught writing graffiti on Koh Lanta - locals outraged

Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).

Americans, just like the ones caught in BKK and the travelling butt buddies.
They were the ones fined for graphitic in BKK not the two this article is about

On ‎15‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 7:48 PM, Get Real said:

There are some factors that you seem to disregard.

1. The wall might be ugly, but does that give these people the right to treat it as their own property?
2. Many walls in these areas are fances to temples or other sacred areas. They might be messing with a wall like that.

3. Did these persons have permission to paint this wall?

4. It is an offense according to thai law to engage in such activities.

5. Your own assessment regarding if the wall is beautiful or not is totally irrelevant, due to that it´s not yours or theirs wall. Meaning there is no room in the law for a judgement call.

I guess we just had a thought about the "knickers" and the "twists". How horrible the wall seems be be in a single persons view, it´s still and unlawful behaviour. When you visit another country, it´s not right to break the law, right? Now it suddenly became that "Big Deal".

There is a factor that some other members seem to disregard and that is the sentence. There is no room in the law for a judgement call on that either.

That makes the proposed punishments by some on this forum totally irrelevant

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not sure why you think anything there counters what I stated, but again, without the owners complaint there is no crime, after all, without the complaint how could the courts decide whether or not the persons property has been damaged or indeed they have asked someone to paint their wall?

Here we go again. The first thing the police should ask, is of course if they are hired or have permission, but then they probably fall on doing a work without WP or the right documents for volontary work.

If they do not have a permission, it clearly stated in my previous comment that based on the law without complaints it´s punishable with three years or fined not more of six thousand Baht, or both.

If you do not understand that now, I can only feel sad. Not even going to try to explain it for you again.

1 hour ago, nairobbi said:

There is a factor that some other members seem to disregard and that is the sentence. There is no room in the law for a judgement call on that either.

That makes the proposed punishments by some on this forum totally irrelevant

Thanks a lot! Can I hire you as my future teacher? 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, jippytum said:

Can't understand the mentality of anyone  coming to scenic holiday destination and riding around with an  aerosol can looking for a suitable property to deface together with his female partner .If they are caught make them miss their flights while they clean up the mass before deportation.

i agree the fine. plus hard labor cleaning the wall. 

I don't want to read all 16 pages in this thread. Did they get caught? Please provide a link if so.

7 hours ago, soistalker said:

I don't want to read all 16 pages in this thread. Did they get caught? Please provide a link if so.

Why not