Foreign couple caught writing graffiti on Koh Lanta - locals outraged

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I disagree they should be arrested then given 5 days of travelling around the area removing graffiti. 

Then set home with a criminal charge tagged to their passport

I think they should be allowed to wipe the slate clean, then we can all move on to deciding what to have for tea

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be kicked out of the country, regardless of what country it is, and then permanently banned from ever returning to it. 

Agree, but before that, they should both have the pleasure of cleaning their own grafitti, and also some other cleaning jobs for a couple of weeks (that worked well in Singapore, many years ago)...:wink:

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Damned Americans, he's 29 years old and tagging walls, boggles the mind.   Deport and Blacklist, after made to wash graffiti off the walls for a week.:post-4641-1156693976::post-4641-1156693976:

Withdrawn, there is still no evidence they are indeed American

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Damned Americans, he's 29 years old and tagging walls, boggles the mind.   Deport and Blacklist, after made to wash graffiti off the walls for a week.:post-4641-1156693976::post-4641-1156693976:

The reference to Americans was from the last Incident in Bangkok, not this one on Ko Lanta:

• This  follows a similar incident that occurred in Bangkok in December when another foreign couple were filmed graffiting an advertising pole on Silom Road.
  • Footage of the incident went viral was viewed a more than 2 million times.
  • Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

The couple in bangkok were american. The subjects of this story were not.

But you knew that already, right?

• Bangkok Incident
  • this follows a similar incident that occurred in Bangkok in December when another foreign couple were filmed graffiting an advertising pole on Silom Road.
  • Footage of the incident went viral was viewed a more than 2 million times.
  • Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).
  • Ko Lanta Incident:
  • Foreign Couple

3 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

It seems that many posters have a bad case of poor reading comprehension. The couple in the graffiti incident in Bangkok were Americans, there is no mention as to the nationality of the Koh Lanta schmucks. 

Yes but you are Pi@&ing up the wall to try and get that over on here

1 minute ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I actually retracted it as it was in error, no evidence they were Americans, but for the fine, clean up the mess, and deport  -  I'll stick wit that

OK sorry, I am working my way through this as quick as I can, but I have to keep stopping for a Chuckle

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not necessarily in that order.

Okay. Torture them, beat them. Hack their right hands off. Show them plenty of photos of the little general P. until they die laughing. Tax payer's money saved. 

P.S. I pay tax!!!

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

When the "property" is an extremely ugly wall and the "defacing" is actually less ugly than it was before, then no, I do not, and I can assure you there is nothing immature about that.  What was childlike was your attempt to change my mind with the old, what if it was yours, tired old lame comeback.  Well, if it were mine I would welcome someone who was willing to paint it for free.  Now, go and have a think about what you are getting your knickers all in a twist about, it is just a horrible concrete wall that now has a picture on it, big deal.

I think you just like to argue, particular as the senseless diatribe you spout is totally irrelevant.

The wall is private property and how the owner wishes to present it is their business, perhaps they like the weathered look! What I'm certain of is that if they wanted some childish scrawl all over it they would have done it themselves.

How anyone with half a brain cell can advocate this type of vandalism is beyond me. 

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The December couple in Bangkok weren't British, but I can't see any nationality mentioned for these ?

(I'm British too !).

Thank you, but the Yank bashers come out in Droves, anytime American is mentioned, are people illiterate or just choose to discriminate, I’m thinking of boycotting this site , bcuz of it, tired of the constant bashing by Brit’s and the ignorance displayed by them, No mention of nationality of this couple!!!, Reading Comprehension is Vital to a Forum

I think you just like to argue, particular as the senseless diatribe you spout is totally irrelevant.

The wall is private property and how the owner wishes to present it is their business, perhaps they like the weathered look! What I'm certain of is that if they wanted some childish scrawl all over it they would have done it themselves.

How anyone with half a brain cell can advocate this type of vandalism is beyond me. 

You answered your question in the first paragraph
A troll is a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be kicked out of the country, regardless of what country it is, and then permanently banned from ever returning to it. 

Yes indeed, but preferably after they've cleaned up the mess they made.

4 hours ago, HooHaa said:

American or not you seem to have reading comprehension issues. No indication of this couples nationality is given beyond them being "western".

Its stunning how many people on thaivisa cant read a basic news article correctly. 

And did you happen to catch the genius who wrote  "their American" rather than "they're American"?  

Archived