Foreign couple caught writing graffiti on Koh Lanta - locals outraged

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tofer said:

I think you just like to argue, particular as the senseless diatribe you spout is totally irrelevant.

The wall is private property and how the owner wishes to present it is their business, perhaps they like the weathered look! What I'm certain of is that if they wanted some childish scrawl all over it they would have done it themselves.

How anyone with half a brain cell can advocate this type of vandalism is beyond me. 

What makes you think the owner doesn't like it?

11 hours ago, missoura said:

I am an American. The culprits were American. So I will try to help them out. Volunteer to get on the sewer cleaning gang from prison. These guys get to go home early...

sewer_007.jpg

Agreed.....100%.

2 hours ago, metisdead said:

Off topic posts, offensive posts, profane posts as well as trolling posts have been removed and the replies removed as well. 

It's rare that I agree with any kind of moderator censorship but this thread surely justifies it . Good heavens , its graffiti not murder. 

50 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I dare to guess he won't like it if he's a old and bitter guy :whistling:

Maybe he won't like it because he objects to people who assume they can scrawl all over his property without his permission. That thought crossed your mind?

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

What makes you think the owner doesn't like it?

Did the offenders ask for his permission before defacing his wall? You seem to think that it's quite all right to slap paint over someone else's property whenever and wherever you like.

There's a dye that security firms use when transporting money, the canister bursts open if the container is forced open, this dye colours the money, why not spray these two vandels with it, in fact use blue dye so they resemble Smurfs.

Apparently it's very difficult to remove.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be kicked out of the country, regardless of what country it is, and then permanently banned from ever returning to it. 

But before let them clean walls and beaches all the time they planned for their vacation

10 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

When the "property" is an extremely ugly wall and the "defacing" is actually less ugly than it was before, then no, I do not, and I can assure you there is nothing immature about that.  What was childlike was your attempt to change my mind with the old, what if it was yours, tired old lame comeback.  Well, if it were mine I would welcome someone who was willing to paint it for free.  Now, go and have a think about what you are getting your knickers all in a twist about, it is just a horrible concrete wall that now has a picture on it, big deal.

There are some factors that you seem to disregard.

1. The wall might be ugly, but does that give these people the right to treat it as their own property?
2. Many walls in these areas are fances to temples or other sacred areas. They might be messing with a wall like that.

3. Did these persons have permission to paint this wall?

4. It is an offense according to thai law to engage in such activities.

5. Your own assessment regarding if the wall is beautiful or not is totally irrelevant, due to that it´s not yours or theirs wall. Meaning there is no room in the law for a judgement call.

I guess we just had a thought about the "knickers" and the "twists". How horrible the wall seems be be in a single persons view, it´s still and unlawful behaviour. When you visit another country, it´s not right to break the law, right? Now it suddenly became that "Big Deal".

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be kicked out of the country, regardless of what country it is, and then permanently banned from ever returning to it. 

Plus a very hefty fine to boot!!!  I totally agree

It's not a big deal but I believe they should be caught and punished, they surely know this is no way to behave. Stop them leaving the country, take them back to the wall and have them clean it off paying for all materials themselves.

A dilapidated old wall it maybe, but these scribbles make it look worse, and I find them ugly.

21 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).

Americans, just like the ones caught in BKK and the travelling butt buddies.

i think you will find the couple in koh lanta have not yet been caught or identified as yet.

Can not understand how those idiots find joy in defacing other peoples property, somehow I think they must have a mental defect if they go out and find this sort of sick behaviour suitable, just arrest them and put on next flight out and ban for the next few years to come back to Thailand :(

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It's not a big deal but I believe they should be caught and punished, they surely know this is no way to behave. Stop them leaving the country, take them back to the wall and have them clean it off paying for all materials themselves.

A dilapidated old wall it maybe, but these scribbles make it look worse, and I find them ugly.

Granted she's not the best looking bird going around, and he's no oil painting, but ugly? You might hurt their feelings!:smile:

21 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

You have got to be frigging kidding me.  Thailand has had mildewed walls around for maybe 5,000 years.  If you are from California, USA, I can see you'd like a bit of modern bling.  If someone tagged my wall outside the house in Loei, I'd be looking for one of my sharp machetes in the garden shed.

Good paint won't get mildewed, also stone will not get it if made waterproof with some chemical.

6 hours ago, balo said:

I think this is another American couple.  Grafitti is trending over there after Trump was elected president. 

in your dreams! get over it! graffitti has been around the states especially in the shit hole cirties for many years, just look at new york or deteriot. it is everywhere in the piss poor cities !

14 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:
  • Bangkok Incident
  • this follows a similar incident that occurred in Bangkok in December when another foreign couple were filmed graffiting an advertising pole on Silom Road.
  • Footage of the incident went viral was viewed a more than 2 million times.
  • Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).
  • Ko Lanta Incident:
  • Foreign Couple

Excellent copy and paste skills. At least you reread it. Others still seem to struggle.

What was a couple doing with cans of spray paint anyway?   So this was premeditated.  Which makes it worse.  This couple deserves a good caning.  Ten lashes each.  Some people can be so stupid, you wonder how they have made it this far in life.   

Archived