American/Russian drug dealing couple arrested on Koh Phangan

Jonathan Fairfield

Major drug traffickers?  Very small quantities indeed.I am sure they are not supposed to compete with local dealers. 

Are you telling me they are the only dealers on that island or they are the undesirable aliens?  

I wonder why no arrest of locals and where are the big FISH/LOCAL SUPPLIERS??

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The prison on Koh Samui is full. I heard last week from someone who had been visiting an inmate awaiting trial that there were 56 Male prisoners in one room/ cell it looks like that number is about to be increased by another 1. Cannot believe the amount of idiots who think they can get away on the island by dealing in drugs. I for one do not have any sympathy for them as they say “ Do the crime Serve the time “

These folks, like the graffiti artists, are giving the world a whole new meaning for "Ugly Americans". What a shame.  We are so quick to criticize others, but seems low-life idiots cannot control themselves when in a foreign country.

Say this three times fast: Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) C11H15NO2

I have to wonder about the mentality of people who travel to a foreign country and court taking a chance to inspect the inside of a local prison. Is the phrase 'Beat me, I'm stupid' so hard to comprehend?

9 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

can't be bothered to answer.

"Cant be bothered to google.

What is MDA??"

Some poster are lazy and on top of it cannot read properly and some other are not seemingly helpful :wink: 

it's not MDA but MDMA 

that is to say 4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), commonly known as ecstasy :smile:

1 hour ago, cms22 said:

I still don't get it. It's clear that any illegal drug sellers in Thailand (especially farangs) face certain long jail sentences. It's also quite clear that the police are reasonably good at catching them judging by all the cases. So why why why do these people still do this and ruin their lives? Are they completely mad?  

Mad I don't know but most probably junkies most of them.

Thailand should legalize all recreational drugs - not just alcohol, and then deal with it accordingly. Drug abuse is social/mental-health issue, and should not be criminalized. 

Along with that, Thai law-makers law-enforcers should learn about drugs - their effects, etc.    Currently, they only get info from alarmists and the US's DEA (all in bed together).  Yes, the same DEA which classifies hemp as a harmful drug - although no one in the history of the world ever got stoned on hemp.

According to google; " 3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), is an empathogen-entactogen, psychostimulant, and psychedelic drug of the amphetamine family that is encountered mainly as a recreational drug."

In other words, it gets people high on hallucinations. People doing it want to meditate or party.  Thai monks meditate and try to get hallucinations.  Should we outlaw meditation? 

Some backpackers use chemicals to meditate and get hallucinations, .....and the DEA says that's a no-no, and gives tens of billions of dollars to Thai law-enforcement to back their wrong-headed policies.

The US criminalized generations of young people in relation to pot.  Now (thanks largely to Obama's sensible outlook) many of those (now middle-aged) folks are being let out of prison.  US states and some countries in Europe are legalizing recreational drugs, and who is getting harmed by that?   Thailand should come out of the voodoo forest and do what's fair and decent.  

I absolutely agree that it is lunacy to deal drugs or flaunt any law, especially one that is enforced with extreme penalties. That said, it is interesting to note that while all of these are controlled substances, calling MDMA and marijuana narcotics is stretching the definition a bit--these are not addictive substances. And the quantities of ketamine and meth were small enough to not mention. 

They did violate the law and will go to prison where is is likely that truly addictive narcotics will be available to those who can afford them. 

One notable part of this story is the lack of weapons. It seems that people doing marijuana and MDMA aren't particularly paranoid. 

44 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Thailand should legalize all recreational drugs - not just alcohol, and then deal with it accordingly. Drug abuse is social/mental-health issue, and should not be criminalized. 

Along with that, Thai law-makers law-enforcers should learn about drugs - their effects, etc.    Currently, they only get info from alarmists and the US's DEA (all in bed together).  Yes, the same DEA which classifies hemp as a harmful drug - although no one in the history of the world ever got stoned on hemp.

According to google; " 3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), is an empathogen-entactogen, psychostimulant, and psychedelic drug of the amphetamine family that is encountered mainly as a recreational drug."

In other words, it gets people high on hallucinations. People doing it want to meditate or party.  Thai monks meditate and try to get hallucinations.  Should we outlaw meditation? 

Some backpackers use chemicals to meditate and get hallucinations, .....and the DEA says that's a no-no, and gives tens of billions of dollars to Thai law-enforcement to back their wrong-headed policies.

The US criminalized generations of young people in relation to pot.  Now (thanks largely to Obama's sensible outlook) many of those (now middle-aged) folks are being let out of prison.  US states and some countries in Europe are legalizing recreational drugs, and who is getting harmed by that?   Thailand should come out of the voodoo forest and do what's fair and decent.  

They are doing what is decent

2 minutes ago, Roymac said:

The really sad part are the persons who get hooked and have their lives wrecked by those pushing drugs. Families, lives and relationships ruined !

When u dont know anything about mdma dont speak really    

You think alcool dont ruined Life REALLLLYYYY. Oh but legal oh okkk 555555

21 minutes ago, USPatriot said:
1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

They are doing what is decent

And if they were to outlaw booze, would you then advocate tossing sellers and users in prison?  Or tobacco?  Or caffeine?

Didn't work for booze in the '20s and hasn't worked for drugs in 60-70 years.

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

When they do a good job, it´s not nessessary to bash, without proper facts.

The locals have nothing to do with this story, this time. No need to bash here or bring them into the discussion either. If you don´t like the locals, you will have a big problem in every country you choose to reside in or visit.

I guess they do what they can. Look at other countries. The big fish always stays on top there too. As for me, I see this as a progress in the right direction. I also see it as a quite big bust and are happy to have these person out of their business.

Regarding the american, it looks like he have been using quite a lot too. Or maybe he just need to visit a toilet. 

:cheesy: 

20 minutes ago, Roymac said:

The really sad part are the persons who get hooked and have their lives wrecked by those pushing drugs. Families, lives and relationships ruined !

Booze has more people addicted, and rips apart more families.  So do the laws that criminalize victimless behavior, tossing family members in jail and ruining any chance that they'll ever be able to find a decent job.  Ever.

17 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

200,000 baht in cash was also confiscated,...............Wonder Who got That ???

only 200,000???  if they were major dealers, here would be millions, not hundreds of thousands.  Where's the rest??  Buried??  Time to go treasure hunting on Ko Phangan.

Archived