How to get a business license

gittu

a friend of mine told me that if i'm married to a Thai, i can apply for a business license ( i think it cost a few hundred Baht and doesn't need a lawyer or the accountant)

but i don't know i can apply for a bank account coz i don't have a work permit. is anybody know?

OP you need to provide more info on your goal.

Do you want to open a company or are you just looking for a way to stay in Thailand.  You can open a company with your wife, she needs to own 51% (unless from the USA, then you can own 100% under the amity treaty).  To get a work permit the company will need to employ 4 thais (some offices allow only 2 if married to a Thai) need to have paid up capital of 2 million.  As for opening a bank account. you dont need a work permit. Just like everything else in Thailand each bank branch will have their own rules so you need to just keep trying until you find a branch that will open without WP.  

• 8 months later...
OP you need to provide more info on your goal.
Do you want to open a company or are you just looking for a way to stay in Thailand.  You can open a company with your wife, she needs to own 51% (unless from the USA, then you can own 100% under the amity treaty).  To get a work permit the company will need to employ 4 thais (some offices allow only 2 if married to a Thai) need to have paid up capital of 2 million.  As for opening a bank account. you dont need a work permit. Just like everything else in Thailand each bank branch will have their own rules so you need to just keep trying until you find a branch that will open without WP.  
Hi Eric
Have a guardian status Visa based on children as marriage not registered in Thailand . In this case if I make my son a partner as he is 18plus can I run on 2 employees? Your kind reply will be appreciated
Thanks n b.Rgds
Danny

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/29/2018 at 5:55 AM, Danny1967 said:

Hi Eric
Have a guardian status Visa based on children as marriage not registered in Thailand . In this case if I make my son a partner as he is 18plus can I run on 2 employees? Your kind reply will be appreciated
Thanks n b.Rgds
Danny

The requirement to have 4 employees is from ministry of labor.  Like just about all govt offices each has their own rules. Best to contact the office that you will be using.  Personally I think you will need 4, the rule for only having  2 employees was for being married to a Thai.  Not even sure that rules it still valid. Sorry wish I could give you a straight answer but TIT.

The requirement to have 4 employees is from ministry of labor.  Like just about all govt offices each has their own rules. Best to contact the office that you will be using.  Personally I think you will need 4, the rule for only having  2 employees was for being married to a Thai.  Not even sure that rules it still valid. Sorry wish I could give you a straight answer but TIT.
Ok thnx for reverting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived