Huge plot of military land in Isaan slated for growing "legal" ganja

webfact

Huge plot of military land in Isaan slated for growing "legal" ganja

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a 5,000 rai area of military land in the Sakon Nakorn area of Thailand is being eyed for growing ganja.

Authorities are expected to soon be given the go ahead after the Thai government indicated that the drug would be declassified for medical use.

The government wants a slice of the pie as many places around the world have made the drug legal.

Prapat Panyachartrat of the National Farmers Council said that his organisation was involved in developing the crop.

He said that the plant grows well and was a natural plant to the area before it was made illegal. Conditions in the north east of Thailand make growing conditions ideal.

A plot of military land has been chosen and the Farmers Council are to hold talks in February about developing the site in the future, said Thai Rath.

The nature of the land would not just be good for growing the plant. It could be easily controlled by the military too, they said, with ganja expected to have a high market value.

Farmers' expertise was important in producing a quality crop, said the media.

Public health officials would not be drawn on the possibility of when the laws would be amended for medicinal use or if and when the drug might even be available for recreational use.

Thai Rath said that directives from the Thai ministry issued on January 6th indicated that the law was about to change.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-16

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The government wants a slice of the pie

Understatement of the decade.  They want slices of pies that do not even exist yet.

Watch what happens if an average Thai wants just the crumbs of the pie.  He will get bread and water for years. 

A government of privilege.  A government for and by the government.  One that ignores its own laws. 

It does not take expertise to grow.... It is a weed & with a little water will grow well.

I know...... Actually Isaan is not perfect conditions at all. They are just saying that..

it would do better in an area of Thailand that has a bit more natural rainfall & cooler.

If anybody is interested my wife has 200 rai in NW Thailand that would be perfect..555

10 minutes ago, natway09 said:

It does not take expertise to grow.... It is a weed & with a little water will grow well.

I know...... Actually Isaan is not perfect conditions at all. They are just saying that..

it would do better in an area of Thailand that has a bit more natural rainfall & cooler.

If anybody is interested my wife has 200 rai in NW Thailand that would be perfect..555

It should probably be grown indoors with grow lights. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The government wants a slice of the pie

This is about military-owned land ("controlled by the military"), not about government-owned land.

The military is allowed to develop resources (ie., timber, minerals) on its properties and conduct for-profit businesses using military facilities (ie.,military gun ranges?) that generate revenues solely for the military.

This is separate from government funding approved by the National Legislative Assembly. 

Amount and use of federal funding is allegedly transparent and accountable.

It's unlikely there is any public visibility of military generated revenues.

2 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Where do we sign up for a medical marijuana card ?

Seriously . I would like to try the cannabis oil for my various aches and pains. Supposed to do the job without making you whacky.
At least if the decision is made I hope it will go through, unlike the political ping pong match in the states.

2 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Seriously . I would like to try the cannabis oil for my various aches and pains. Supposed to do the job without making you whacky.
At least if the decision is made I hope it will go through, unlike the political ping pong match in the states.

It works

Looked at the source article and did a passable translation with google.
If it's correct it says that the active ingredient content in native thai cannabis plants is high which is definitely BS.

Without seeds and expert knowledge from outside it's just another day dream.

Though I welcome the change in the law but it's just another idea done thai style that goes tits up.

The original article says it's in the area of Phu Pan which indicates some Highland or mountainous terrain. So it should be at least colder there

Guest Jerry787

my personal respect and tribute to the Thai Army, its a big step forward for medical use of a plant that has benefited the humans for thousands of years and was only in less then a century deemed illegal by the private interests and bigotry !

Great !

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Looked at the source article and did a passable translation with google.
If it's correct it says that the active ingredient content in native thai cannabis plants is high which is definitely BS.

Without seeds and expert knowledge from outside it's just another day dream.

Though I welcome the change in the law but it's just another idea done thai style that goes tits up.

Most of it here is Lao brickweed, Thai sticks back in the day, was better than Columbian Gold 

Smokin' the weed may help the joints but will not help the respiratory system.  I've been working on a new book "Cooking with Ganja" which will hit the market the day after legalization, so watch for it on ThaiVisa and order thru Lazada. Delicious recipes every one and NO loss of THC. 

No need to hack you way thru life coughing, spitting, snoring loudly, and then blaming the song-thiaos and tuk-tuks.

Archived