Actor Alec Baldwin defends film maker Woody Allen as Hollywood backs away

webfact

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes bro!! And serious men should continue to give jobs to their drinking/sports/frat/business buddies 'cause we all know its not what ya know its who ya know in being serious about your vocation.

Perhaps the answer then, is for women to become "bros", and make men like them by becoming "buddies" instead of seeking to climb over the bodies of the men they have destroyed to high management positions.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Also to the point, why do women in sport wear sexually charged clothing? You all know what I mean, very short skirts in tennis, short shorts and tight tops in athletics, etc etc etc.

I don't see men wearing cod pieces.

Danm you are so right! I used to think it was due to a bombardment of male-driven advertising/culture portraying an untenable female ideal.

You obviously do not hang with gay men much because outlandish, revealing male clothing is commonplace in that community.

Anyway - at least we agree that women should dress to quell all male urges. Burkas for all!!

On 1/16/2018 at 7:53 PM, JCauto said:

Because, you know, divorcing your wife and marrying her adopted daughter who's 35 years younger than you and who was a teenager when you met is totally not creepy.

How odd that no one has really asked the tough questions of Mia Farrow. This is typical displaced aggression arising from her own sexual activities. It was Mia Farrow who at age 21 was carrying on with 50 year old Frank Sinatra, finally marrying him. And it was only 4 years later that she ran off with the 41 year old Andre Previn and married him. Satchel Farrow, aka Ronan Farrow, the alleged bastard child of Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra was  conceived  while Farrow was in a relationship with Allen. I have no doubt that Farrow corrupted her children and planted the imagined molestation events in her rage against Allen. The issue has been repeatedly investigated and there was no substantive evidence of the Farrow claim. All evidence points to the claims being fabrications and the result of a coerced behaviour and group mental illness initiated by Mia Farrow. Read the statements of the other children, particularly that of Moses Farrow who details the abuse and emotional manipulation of Mia Farrow. Ronan Farrow, has his own emotional issues that poison his behaviour, chief of which  is his fear of being outed as a homosexual.  

Soon Yi Previn was Allen's adopted daughter only through marriage. The reality was that she was  the daughter of  attention seeker Farrow and Andre Previn. The relationship with Allen began when she was an adult woman. In her 22 years of marriage, she has not had any issues with Allen, unlike the mentally unstable Mia Farrow who has lurched from man to man getting rejected and dumped along the way.

Everyone is piling on to the unfounded claims, claims that cannot even satisfy the liberal basis of responsibility available under a civil action. Alec Baldwin has backbone and I admire him for standing up to the bullies and calling out the  bogus allegations.

Just now, mikebike said:

Danm you are so right! I used to think it was due to a bombardment of male-driven advertising/culture portraying an untenable female ideal.

You obviously do not hang with gay men much because outlandish, revealing male clothing is commonplace in that community.

Anyway - at least we agree that women should dress to quell all male urges. Burkas for all!!

Sooooo, rather than address the issues I raised, you make an attack on me for somehow being "anti gay".

To answer your actual points:

I've never paid much mind to advertising propaganda, and anyone can do likewise if they choose to do so. If they choose to do so, that is down to them. Rather like women that could choose not to put themselves in risky situations with powerful men, but do so anyway. Was any woman dragged kicking and screaming to Harvey's hotel room?

I don't hang out in any trendy place ( and would never even enter one specifically because it was trendy ) so I go to places where people dress "normally". Nothing to do with gender issues. 

However, I have visited lady boy gogos where obviously men are wearing revealing clothing ( female clothing to be specific ), but ladyboys do not identify themselves as being "gay", so does that count?

Burkas for all

There you go again. Deflect, deflect deflect.

What I actually said ( in so many words ) is that women should not wear excessively fashionable or sexually charged clothing in an area where it is inappropriate. The office or the sports field are not appropriate venues for sexually explicit clothing.

Seems strange to me that women wear sexually attractive clothing in the office or to a date and then complain that men look at their breasts.

4 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

How odd that no one has really asked the tough questions of Mia Farrow. This is typical displaced aggression arising from her own sexual activities. It was Mia Farrow who at age 21 was carrying on with 50 year old Frank Sinatra, finally marrying him. And it was only 4 years later that she ran off with the 41 year old Andre Previn and married him. 

Can we expect those TVF posters that claim Allen to be "creepy" for being in an old/ young relationship to come on here and say that Farrow is equally "creepy"?

I'm not holding my breath.

Agree with everything on your post.

On 17/01/2018 at 10:16 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

She was around 21 when they got together.

The conversation you are quoting from is referring to allegations made by Allen's younger daughter who claims she was abused by Allen aged 7:

On 17/01/2018 at 1:13 AM, JCauto said:

True, but it makes one very nervous about the allegations that he was messing with an even younger one.

20 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Woody took a lie detector test over the mad woman's accusations, he passed.

Woody set up and paid for his own lie detector test which was rejected by the police.

Was the judge mad also?

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.” The judge also recounts Farrow’s misgivings regarding Allen’s behavior toward Dylan from the time she was between two and three years old. According to the judge’s decision, Farrow told Allen, “You look at her [Dylan] in a sexual way. You fondled her . . . You don’t give her any breathing room. You look at her when she’s naked.”

--------------

An early photo of the happy couple:

Woody-and-Soon-Yi-320x269.jpg

Woody set up and paid for his own lie detector test which was rejected by the police.

Was the judge mad also?

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.” The judge also recounts Farrow’s misgivings regarding Allen’s behavior toward Dylan from the time she was between two and three years old. According to the judge’s decision, Farrow told Allen, “You look at her [Dylan] in a sexual way. You fondled her . . . You don’t give her any breathing room. You look at her when she’s naked.”
--------------

An early photo of the happy couple:
Woody-and-Soon-Yi-320x269.jpg&key=b2fb8ca0f3e08d088457d4ac5ff471a33e1528463f9170bfef0023ac0b1275cc

That's him and one of his two adopted daughters. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No it isn't. I was quoting a post about people getting together with much younger women in Thailand.

You quoted my post which referred to Allen's youngest daughter, Dylan.

Are you seriously telling me that I meant something different? lol!

I see you edited my post in your quote(against forum rules) which shows the start of the conversation, I can understand why you removed the link as it serves to obfuscate the fact you misunderstood the conversation.

Here is the post again, "even younger one" refers to soon yi's younger sister Dylan who made allegations that Allen abused her when she was 7 years old:

On 17/01/2018 at 1:13 AM, JCauto said:

True, but it makes one very nervous about the allegations that he was messing with an even younger one.

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's him and one of his two adopted daughters. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

That's him and Soon Yi, ...the caption should have given it away: " An early photo of the happy couple".

Woody-and-Soon-Yi-320x269.jpg&key=b2fb8c

Bit odd, you seem so sure about this case, yet you don't even know what Soon Yi looks like.

That's him and Soon Yi, ...the term "happy couple" is a bit of a clue.

Woody-and-Soon-Yi-320x269.jpg&key=b2fb8ca0f3e08d088457d4ac5ff471a33e1528463f9170bfef0023ac0b1275cc

No it isn't. A rudimentary Google image search will show lots of photos taken from the same game that show Soon-Yi and their other daughter. Check your facts before posting please.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No it isn't. A rudimentary Google image search will show lots of photos taken from the same game that show Soon-Yi and their other daughter. Check your facts before posting please.

I checked my facts which is how I can say the girl in the photo is Soon-Yi.

You on the other hand have been confused by your google search so are not sure who is who.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes. Because it isn't. I've just posted a picture from the same game that shows Soon-Yi and their other daughter. Hope it's clear for you now.

Actually its not clear as your picture doesn't show the same girl, unless you are suggesting mine is fake?

25 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

That's him and Soon Yi, ...the caption should have given it away: " An early photo of the happy couple".

Woody-and-Soon-Yi-320x269.jpg&key=b2fb8c

Bit odd, you seem so sure about this case, yet you don't even know what Soon Yi looks like.

This appears to be a photo of Woody Allen and his adopted daughter Bechet.

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-director-woody-allen-with-daughter-bechet-on-a-holiday-break-in-oviedo-52086654.html

Do all Asian girls look the same to you?

Here ya go, Soon-Yi (asian) on the left, Manzie middle left (white), Bechet (asian) middle right.

woody-allen-kids.jpg

This appears to be a photo of Woody Allen and his adopted daughter Bechet.
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-director-woody-allen-with-daughter-bechet-on-a-holiday-break-in-oviedo-52086654.html

Do all Asian girls look the same to you?

There are lots of photos from the same game that show Woody, Soon-Yi and both their daughters. It shows what Woody Allen is up against when people post inaccurate photos, making him out to be a child molester.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sigh.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/27478-is-it-ok-if-innocent-men-are-destroyed-for-sexual-misconduct

Emily Lindin, a columnist for Teen Vogue, is one such person. She went so far as to state that she had no problem with the fact that some innocent men may have to become casualties in the fight to prevent sexual misconduct.

Oh, so a columnist for Teen Vogue said it! QED! I know that's where SERIOUS people get their opinions.

Even from that steaming pile of <deleted>, they note that the rate of innocent people being accused of sexual assault/harassment is between 2-10%. That means the rate of guilty people being accused is 90-98%. But why worry about that? If one innocent man is convicted, then it's worth 49 women being assaulted/harassed! We must protect our right to be creeps and a-holes! 

What is it with modern society that we've somehow lost our numeracy, and all it takes to create "debate" is to find a few exceptions and put those forth to proudly shout "SEE! Here's one. You're wrong!" There are very few black/white situations in real life. Climate change is not in doubt among scientists, the vast majority of women don't consider innocent men being persecuted to be acceptable. Focusing on cranks who don't believe the science or want the innocent to suffer does nothing for the debate other than to demonstrate that there will always be some idiots out there. Why bother bringing their perspective into a serious discussion? 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Also to the point, why do women in sport wear sexually charged clothing? You all know what I mean, very short skirts in tennis, short shorts and tight tops in athletics, etc etc etc.

I don't see men wearing cod pieces.

Have a look at some of these photos from 100 years ago and see how both men and womens fashions have changed.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=womens+tennis+in+the+1900s&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj42fWu2OHYAhVFro8KHXABCWkQsAQIMA&biw=1280&bih=587#imgrc=hDc5Xgbd0vdoQM:

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sigh. The reasons women hold fewer managerial positions is because they "take time out to breed", while men turn up every day to do the job. If women really want to rise to higher levels stop having children and do the job 100%, and not as an aside to being a "mother".

The idea that any person can take years out of a career to become an unpaid baby sitter and still be an influential manager is, IMO, barking.

Career women in Singapore stopped having children, to the extent that the government is concerned about it. 

Frankly, and IMO, if women want to be taken seriously, stop wittering on about "having it all", stop indulging in such stupidities as those fashion statements like huge shoulder pads, stop using sex to get ahead and start being serious about the job.

Nope. Women don't go as far in managerial positions because they defer to their husband's career. The National Post, BTW, is a conservative newspaper in case your concerned about "media bias".

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/children-dont-ruin-womens-careers-husbands-do-harvard-study-finds

But your finding that it's in fact the shoulder pads they wear that is the real cause of their career demise will no doubt revolutionize the field of gender studies. When does your paper come out?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

In our brave new world a father just looking at his female ( and probably soon to include male ) children is automatically grounds for accusation of something "creepy", never mind having them sit on their knee. Giving them a bath ( shock, horror ) will be grounds for castration and imprisonment.

It's part of the "all women good, all men bad" propaganda.

It's no wonder men with any sense don't become teachers anymore.

Archived