Missing Briton’s body found by Cha-am Beach

Missing Briton’s body found by Cha-am Beach
By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

ks.jpeg

Police investigate the scene where Martin Wood’s body was found Wednesday in Cha-am.

PHETCHABURI — Police are awaiting the autopsy results of a British man found in the forest by Cha-am Beach on Wednesday, weeks after he went missing.

Martin Wood, 48, was found dead 300 meters inland from the gulf in Phetchaburi province, not far from where he was staying with his family when he disappeared Dec. 30.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/01/17/missing-britons-body-found-cha-beach/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-01-17

“We’re still waiting on the autopsy results, so we don’t know whether he committed suicide or not,”  

rather presumptuous statement considering his family apparently said he was an alcoholic with medical problems.

May he rest in peace and condolences to his family

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Makes all the posts on the original thread,  making fun of the fact that he was reported missing, look sad, and rather pathetic, 

R.I.P., and deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

I am not condoning some of the comments on the missing guy however 99.99% of adults that go missing for a week here would turn up fine and most would assume this guy would, not knowing his drink and health problems.  I have to say it, but will keep it short as a guy has just died, i feel a really rather distasteful air of "i told you so" in your post

That is a real shame, I was rather hoping that the guy would be found safe and well enjoying the delights of Thailand and SE Asia in general, RIP young man for that is what you were, I was 55 years old when I found paradise. Condolences to your family mate.

Body found close to where British father vanished in Thailand

mm.jpg

Martin Wood, 48, a married father-of-two from Devon, was three weeks into a month-long stay at the Dream Boutiques Hotel in Cha-Am, Thailand, when he vanished in December.

A body has been found close to where a married British father-of-two disappeared while on holiday in Thailand with his family last month.

The human remains were discovered on Wednesday near the town of Cha-Am and police are now conducting an autopsy to identify the person.

Full story: http://www.cetusnews.com/news/British-father--is-found-dead-two-weeks-after-he-vanished-in-Thailand-.HJEeXeM02Vz.html

-- Cetus News 2018-01-18

Remains believed to be a missing British tourist found in roadside bushes in Cha-am district

By Thai PBS

skeleton.jpg

A human skeleton believed to be that of a westerner who went missing with traces since the end of December has been found in roadside bushes in Cha-am district, Petchaburi province.

Cha-am police and forensic experts went to the scene where the remains was reported to have found by local people on Wednesday afternoon.

The remains is between 17-175 cm tall in a T-shirt and shorts with a pair of snickers. No documents were found in or near the remains which could have given its identity.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/remains-believed-missing-british-tourist-found-roadside-bushes-cha-district/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-18

11 hours ago, Happy enough said:

I am not condoning some of the comments on the missing guy however 99.99% of adults that go missing for a week here would turn up fine and most would assume this guy would, not knowing his drink and health problems.  I have to say it, but will keep it short as a guy has just died, i feel a really rather distasteful air of "i told you so" in your post

no.  when it comes to tragedies, or potential tragedies / heartbreak, it is better to withhold one's imbecilic comments and attempts at humor until the situation is resolved , one way or the other. 

15 hours ago, Happy enough said:

“We’re still waiting on the autopsy results, so we don’t know whether he committed suicide or not,”  

rather presumptuous statement considering his family apparently said he was an alcoholic with medical problems.

autopsy results mean NOTHING in this country .....it will read "died from natural causes"

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Remains believed to be a missing British tourist found in roadside bushes in Cha-am district

By Thai PBS

skeleton.jpg

A human skeleton believed to be that of a westerner who went missing with traces since the end of December has been found in roadside bushes in Cha-am district, Petchaburi province.

Cha-am police and forensic experts went to the scene where the remains was reported to have found by local people on Wednesday afternoon.

The remains is between 17-175 cm tall in a T-shirt and shorts with a pair of snickers. No documents were found in or near the remains which could have given its identity.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/remains-believed-missing-british-tourist-found-roadside-bushes-cha-district/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-18

Sorry but, if it was animals who devoured his body, would they not have eaten the Snickers as well. SORRY.

16 hours ago, Happy enough said:

Only if you are trying to deflect ... well are you?   Trying to deflect?.

It is highly doubtful we are going to get anything one way or another given the time involved and decomposition. It could just as easily be murder, or a heart attack.

5 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

no.  when it comes to tragedies, or potential tragedies / heartbreak, it is better to withhold one's imbecilic comments and attempts at humor until the situation is resolved , one way or the other. 

Don’t agree with your words or your tone. We don’t need a Dad thank you and your beliefs while legitimate are not morally superior to people hoping for the best by using humor.  Especially when most times the ending of the missing expat story is not tragic. Peace 

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

Don’t agree with your words or your tone. We don’t need a Dad thank you and your beliefs while legitimate are not morally superior to people hoping for the best by using humor.  Especially when most times the ending of the missing expat story is not tragic. Peace 

I'm not trying to be anybody's Dad.  Simply put, I sometimes feel a need to inject a bit of decency.  If you don't like my tone or my words or my attitude, simply move on, or better yet, block me.  My feelings will not be hurt. 

PS:   When somebody is missing and may very well be dead or kidnapped/murdered,  which seems to happen fairly often,  do you really think making jokes about it in hopes of getting a couple of likes on this board is "hoping for the best"? This gentleman evidently had a couple of kids, and perhaps was loved by others as well. 

PPS:  were you, perchance, one the characters who was making funnies when this story initially appeared? 

5 hours ago, wvavin said:

I have difficulty figuring out what is supposed to be shown on the photo. Please do not post such photos as they are wasting media space!

Well it looks like a bare Shin bone, a rib cage, and possibly a Raised for Arm bone, and hand ? (That is quite often what they do after death when the Muscles and tendons shrink, I think ?) .... I am happy with the Media’s Coverage of it.

Like about 3 weeks Old, ... Yes, Monitor Lizards and Maybe soi dogs also, though most Soi Dogs I know are reasonably well fed, they only fight over stuff because they are Dogs. ... My Dogs only ever drank the Blood of anything that they killed .....

I think that the Thais would have disposed of the Body a bit better if it was them, and well after 40 Years here now, I think that the Thais probably actually do not kill even half as many people as people seem to think that they do.  Like it IS against Buddhism, and many of them DO follow this Religion as best that they can …. Like mostly only in Fits of Rage, when all reason is lost, …. (Due to Alcohol or Drugs possibly in MANY cases???) … And the Bodies are found clearly at the Scene. ….  Or as you say, they never are found, in the few other cases.

Like I do not think that there has been a Full account made from the shootings in 93 was it ? In the 5 road junction Intersection near Banglamphu ? … Though of course there ARE a lot of people, who did have pretty good Debt, of Family reasons to disappear also ?

Still, I actually feel safer hear than in Australia Right ?  … Well except when I am in a Mini Van Bus right !!! Har Har …

...   Most MOST Definitely RIP Martin. ....

… Still, Quite a Flamboyant way to go out, Quietly, ... though, ... Though I think that is probably was not planed, ... Alcohol, Ill health, I am waiting for the Post Mortem, and if there is no outside power people with vested Interests, I will believe that. 

Whatever was the finding for the Guy found floating in the Ping River at Phitsonoluk, about a year ago now, an older British man who’s pension was cut, to the point that he could not maintain his present or his Wives Present life style ???

17 hours ago, Happy enough said:

again with misinformation. the acloholic remark was speculation by hotel staff

8 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

I'm not trying to be anybody's Dad.  Simply put, I sometimes feel a need to inject a bit of decency.  If you don't like my tone or my words or my attitude, simply move on, or better yet, block me.  My feelings will not be hurt. 

PS:   When somebody is missing and may very well be dead or kidnapped/murdered,  which seems to happen fairly often,  do you really think making jokes about it in hopes of getting a couple of likes on this board is "hoping for the best"? This gentleman evidently had a couple of kids, and perhaps was loved by others as well. 

PPS:  were you, perchance, one the characters who was making funnies when this story initially appeared? 

I was noting making funnies  but I referenced you as a Dad because that is your tone. Your tone and words are  Moral superiority in teaching and reprimanding other adults. I understand your thoughts but what you fail to understand is your way Dad is not the way. Many people all over the world use humor as a way of encouragement in times of uncertainty. Try it sometime. And in this  particular case you are way off base because the missing person stories happen in Thailand regularly and regularly it does not end up in tragedy. So do what you want but I believe your preaching, attitude, words and demeanor are out of line and you would be best served looking at why you think you need to scold grown men. 

17 hours ago, Happy enough said:

That's a new one, a "presumptuous" statement that contained no presumptions at all!

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Well it looks like a bare Shin bone, a rib cage, and possibly a Raised for Arm bone, and hand ? (That is quite often what they do after death when the Muscles and tendons shrink, I think ?) .... I am happy with the Media’s Coverage of it.

Like about 3 weeks Old, ... Yes, Monitor Lizards and Maybe soi dogs also, though most Soi Dogs I know are reasonably well fed, they only fight over stuff because they are Dogs. ... My Dogs only ever drank the Blood of anything that they killed .....

I think that the Thais would have disposed of the Body a bit better if it was them, and well after 40 Years here now, I think that the Thais probably actually do not kill even half as many people as people seem to think that they do.  Like it IS against Buddhism, and many of them DO follow this Religion as best that they can …. Like mostly only in Fits of Rage, when all reason is lost, …. (Due to Alcohol or Drugs possibly in MANY cases???) … And the Bodies are found clearly at the Scene. ….  Or as you say, they never are found, in the few other cases.

Like I do not think that there has been a Full account made from the shootings in 93 was it ? In the 5 road junction Intersection near Banglamphu ? … Though of course there ARE a lot of people, who did have pretty good Debt, of Family reasons to disappear also ?

Still, I actually feel safer hear than in Australia Right ?  … Well except when I am in a Mini Van Bus right !!! Har Har …

...   Most MOST Definitely RIP Martin. ....

… Still, Quite a Flamboyant way to go out, Quietly, ... though, ... Though I think that is probably was not planed, ... Alcohol, Ill health, I am waiting for the Post Mortem, and if there is no outside power people with vested Interests, I will believe that. 

Whatever was the finding for the Guy found floating in the Ping River at Phitsonoluk, about a year ago now, an older British man who’s pension was cut, to the point that he could not maintain his present or his Wives Present life style ???

i think you have rather remarkable eyesight to determine all that from a highly pixelated and deliberately  obscured photo.

As for the rest, well nevermind.

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

I think that the Thais would have disposed of the Body a bit better if it was them,

"I think that the Thais would have disposed of the Body a bit better if it was them" .. Quoting myself, yes, I suppose Putting the Body, where it would not be discovered for 3 weeks, and be eaten by Monitor Lizards, ... well that WOULD be a pretty good way of disposing of the Corps right ??? ...

Yes I also have Lived in Thailand off and On for 40 Years ... (The Thai Clever way ???) ....

Still, I reckon that he was sick, was looking at his own end, …. And put himself there.

RIP Defiantly !!! Martin !!! ... And Greatest Condolences to Family and Friends. 

Archived