Missing Briton’s body found by Cha-am Beach

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

i think you have rather remarkable eyesight to determine all that from a highly pixelated and deliberately  obscured photo.

As for the rest, well nevermind.

Well what about the Large Item, about head sized, in the Top Left Corner, Pixelated also, so they are giving it away as being part of the Remains that look to be in the bottom to the Right side of the Photo ???

Like the Body Dismembered also ??? …  Like Monitor Lizards and Komodo Dragons also, do this, as they have no Chewing teeth, … just Holding on Teeth, so they work in gangs, and tear their Meals apart, and then in to small enough pieces, …  before trying to eat them ?  …  Still Innards would be easily eaten, … hence the Empty Rib Cage .... RIP Martin, I tell the truth here, and Now I will say a Prayer for you, that life was not a bit happier for you, (And for many others that also appear here on this column, only in text not Images) …

,,,  and also, God Bless your Soule, and may you family be, OK.

21 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I was noting making funnies  but I referenced you as a Dad because that is your tone. Your tone and words are  Moral superiority in teaching and reprimanding other adults. I understand your thoughts but what you fail to understand is your way Dad is not the way. Many people all over the world use humor as a way of encouragement in times of uncertainty. Try it sometime. And in this  particular case you are way off base because the missing person stories happen in Thailand regularly and regularly it does not end up in tragedy. So do what you want but I believe your preaching, attitude, words and demeanor are out of line and you would be best served looking at why you think you need to scold grown men. 

I think you would be best served to ask yourself why you are so defensive??  I repeat:   are you one of the characters who was making insensitive / cruel /callous posts when this thread first appeared?  That would explain your defensiveness and overly sensitive nature.  Also, grown men don't try to get likes on a board like this by belittling or ridiculing somebody who may well be dead.   Yes, sometimes this type of story has a happy ending, but I have seen a hell of a lot that do not.  

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's not the only problam [sic] that you've got!

What ? Inteligence and the perchance to only tell the Truth ??? ... Good Luck on your Journey Brother, and I hope that you find a Good Road ...

People with a history of  heavy drinking and tobacco use typically have  sudden heart attacks or strokes and quickly pass out. Often they die. Bodies left out in Thailand are quickly  attacked by  insects, and scavengers such as lizards, rodents, and birds.

Dogs typically do not eat decaying human flesh because of the presence of insects which emit noxious chemicals keeping other scavengers away. Birds can deal with it.

Trust this answers some of the questions.

5 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

People with a history of  heavy drinking and tobacco use typically have  sudden heart attacks or strokes and quickly pass out. Often they die. Bodies left out in Thailand are quickly  attacked by  insects, and scavengers such as lizards, rodents, and birds.

Dogs typically do not eat decaying human flesh because of the presence of insects which emit noxious chemicals keeping other scavengers away. Birds can deal with it.

Trust this answers some of the questions.

Nice Answer Brother !!! Thanks !!!

1 hour ago, capasso said:

je trouve que beaucoup de Pharangs disparaissent en Thailande dans des conditions mysterieuses,notamment des Anglophones;c'est tres triste pour Martin,je pense a sa famille sincerement

What you think that you will not disappear in Thailand, if you speak French ??? ... Nice one Mate !!! ....

It reminds me of when I was in Laos many years ago and Heard about asking about the safety on the Road from Vientiane, to Lao Prabang, and I heard that A Well respected Local, had said then no one had been Killed on it for a very long time .... But after the traveler asking the Question had made the Journey, … another French person in Lao Prabang laughed, and said that someone had been killed the week before !!! … Only he was an Anglophone, and this Well respected "French" Local only ever counted French People on the Roads Death Toll !!! Har Har ... (It was in the Lonely Planet I think, a Good Anglophone book)

…  We would be lost without you Brother, and others Like you from that great Good Old Place Euuu Rrrr Oooo Pppppp Eeee … Good on you mate, m

Martin would appreciate it I think for sure ...

46 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

again with misinformation. the acloholic remark was speculation by hotel staff

Wow, well spotted. well done you! So, the hotel staff where he stayed each year said they believed he was very ill and was taking medication for this illness. They said he was also believed to be an alcoholic. I am sure they knew the man well enough to make that statement, Is that ok now Hoohaa? 

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's a new one, a "presumptuous" statement that contained no presumptions at all!

I am pretty sure you know what i mean. why bring suicide into it at all? seems a strange statement to me. almost like saying "we don't know whether he was murdered or not" Why not just say "“We’re still waiting on the autopsy results which we hope will help us identify the cause of death"

16 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Wow, well spotted. well done you! So, the hotel staff where he stayed each year said they believed he was very ill and was taking medication for this illness. They said he was also believed to be an alcoholic. I am sure they knew the man well enough to make that statement, Is that ok now Hoohaa? 

actually the exact quote was:

Hotel staff told police that Wood had medical problems and was believed to be alcoholic.

it also adds he was a frequent guest over a period of four years.

i have no idea where you got very ill and taking medication.

Just now, HooHaa said:

actually the exact quote was:

it also adds he was a frequent guest over a period of four years.

i have no idea where you got very ill and taking medication.

Bangkok Post, I don't take one news source as fact or any for that matter. It was reported in the BP that it was believed he was chronically ill and taking medication for it. If this is true then i would think it was probably the most likely cause of death. Anyway. I'd rather not speculate or talk about the matter anymore as if his family are still here, then they may well read Thaivisa. May he rest in peace

12 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Bangkok Post, I don't take one news source as fact or any for that matter. It was reported in the BP that it was believed he was chronically ill and taking medication for it. If this is true then i would think it was probably the most likely cause of death. Anyway. I'd rather not speculate or talk about the matter anymore as if his family are still here, then they may well read Thaivisa. May he rest in peace

bangkok post has a horrible policy of changing links, the article has been moved, when located on google bangkok post shows a 404, then uses google to search for the article on the 404 page and returns a link to the same moved article.

Just now, HooHaa said:

bangkok post has a horrible policy of changing links, the article has been moved, when located on google bangkok post shows a 404, then uses google to search for the article on the 404 page and returns a link to the same moved article.

i just came across it whilst doing my usual morning reading. the article is still on there. i read it this morning

35 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

I am pretty sure you know what i mean. why bring suicide into it at all? seems a strange statement to me. almost like saying "we don't know whether he was murdered or not" Why not just say "“We’re still waiting on the autopsy results which we hope will help us identify the cause of death"

Your origional post might confuse.... I took it as indicating you believed it to be a suicide as you added comments about reported med and alcohol issues (attributed to family, who should be making these revelations... but actually coming from hotel staff who probably had no idea as to the true nature of any problems)

your clarification helps... thanks

30 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Your origional post might confuse.... I took it as indicating you believed it to be a suicide as you added comments about reported med and alcohol issues (attributed to family, who should be making these revelations... but actually coming from hotel staff who probably had no idea as to the true nature of any problems)

your clarification helps... thanks

i was half going on the bangkok posts article that just says it's alleged he had chronic illness for which he was taking medication. (they didn't mention the source of that info, they also didn't mention alcohol) but yes, my mistake in mentioning the family with regards the alcohol problem, on that point though, if the staff at the hotel knew him quite well as he went there frequently i think they may well have been able to spot if he had an alcohol problem

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

What you think that you will not disappear in Thailand, if you speak French ??? ... Nice one Mate !!! ....

It reminds me of when I was in Laos many years ago and Heard about asking about the safety on the Road from Vientiane, to Lao Prabang, and I heard that A Well respected Local, had said then no one had been Killed on it for a very long time .... But after the traveler asking the Question had made the Journey, … another French person in Lao Prabang laughed, and said that someone had been killed the week before !!! … Only he was an Anglophone, and this Well respected "French" Local only ever counted French People on the Roads Death Toll !!! Har Har ... (It was in the Lonely Planet I think, a Good Anglophone book)

…  We would be lost without you Brother, and others Like you from that great Good Old Place Euuu Rrrr Oooo Pppppp Eeee … Good on you mate, m

Martin would appreciate it I think for sure ...

thanks Brother,merci Frere

It must be the word 'Post'. The Washington Post has something of a reputation for inaccurate reporting!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, capasso said:

thanks Brother,merci Frere

Yes Brother Frere, Nice, and Thanks also,

I did some time at a little place called Leminea, near the Great Than Gorge Bridge, for a couple of weeks in a Couple of Years, … Near that Nice Place Montpellier, …. But well, Traveling from Nice up the Railways and along the French Italian Border was great !!! ... The railway like from Gap to Grenoble being Classic Turn of the century architecture, and construction, and it is STILL Running !!! … Nice Job the French.

Grenoble is one of my Favorite places, ... Where they climbed up on to the Roves and threw the heavy Roof tiles, down on to the Heads of the Arriving French Army from Paris, ...who were going to teach them “A bit of a lesson Right” !!! …   Well that would have been a few years ago now, right !!! ???

Just write you next Post in English, to avoid the Censors, Oh moderatos .... (Who are well needed on ThaiVisa seeing some of the stuff that some of our Wallies Put on here !!!) …. but use French Idiom and Slang, … so we all can be Entertained once again !!!

And we can Laugh in in quiet humble, memories of Martin. ...

I think he just got sick and just fell down ???    Was where he was found a short cut to the Beach ? Or anywhere else ? … Like lots of people like walking and like taking short Cuts, or seeing new areas also. … Very Sad he died whatever happened, but well, sickness and Alcoholism, …  like the staff would have seen the pills when cleaning the room, and he might have had to buy them locally also, …. And they would have been taking the Bottles out !!!  ….    and How would I know that ? ... and I have not worked in a Hotel, …   though I have stayed in a few … (And have had to Quietly ask for the Bottles to be taken out, …  and I have high Sugar re type 2 Diabetes, and did have Liver disease d/t Alcohol, so I stopped drinking, (Almost) but well, I will probably just fall down somewhere also one day, … ) ... (But I do hope that the Water Monitors do not get my Body so badly) … and I like walking in the bush and taking short Cuts.

(Ever been to an Irish Wake ? ... You are supposed to have fun there right ! ? … Like at a Thai Party, … up until the Drunks start Fighting, Right ??? ...Har har ...)

RIP Martin, Old Mate. We WILL Miss you and your never say Die Mates. (Like myself)

14 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Yes Brother Frere, Nice, and Thanks also,

I did some time at a little place called Leminea, near the Great Than Gorge Bridge, for a couple of weeks in a Couple of Years, … Near that Nice Place Montpellier, …. But well, Traveling from Nice up the Railways and along the French Italian Border was great !!! ... The railway like from Gap to Grenoble being Classic Turn of the century architecture, and construction, and it is STILL Running !!! … Nice Job the French.

Grenoble is one of my Favorite places, ... Where they climbed up on to the Roves and threw the heavy Roof tiles, down on to the Heads of the Arriving French Army from Paris, ...who were going to teach them “A bit of a lesson Right” !!! …   Well that would have been a few years ago now, right !!! ???

Just write you next Post in English, to avoid the Censors, Oh moderatos .... (Who are well needed on ThaiVisa seeing some of the stuff that some of our Wallies Put on here !!!) …. but use French Idiom and Slang, … so we all can be Entertained once again !!!

And we can Laugh in in quiet humble, memories of Martin. ...

I think he just got sick and just fell down ???    Was where he was found a short cut to the Beach ? Or anywhere else ? … Like lots of people like walking and like taking short Cuts, or seeing new areas also. … Very Sad he died whatever happened, but well, sickness and Alcoholism, …  like the staff would have seen the pills when cleaning the room, and he might have had to buy them locally also, …. And they would have been taking the Bottles out !!!  ….    and How would I know that ? ... and I have not worked in a Hotel, …   though I have stayed in a few … (And have had to Quietly ask for the Bottles to be taken out, …  and I have high Sugar re type 2 Diabetes, and did have Liver disease d/t Alcohol, so I stopped drinking, (Almost) but well, I will probably just fall down somewhere also one day, … ) ... (But I do hope that the Water Monitors do not get my Body so badly) … and I like walking in the bush and taking short Cuts.

(Ever been to an Irish Wake ? ... You are supposed to have fun there right ! ? … Like at a Thai Party, … up until the Drunks start Fighting, Right ??? ...Har har ...)

RIP Martin, Old Mate. We WILL Miss you and your never say Die Mates. (Like myself)

Please keep your finger off the SHIFT key Mark.

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Being found in the forest is a little unusual, anyone go in there?

I googled mapped it out of interest, on satellite view the only bit of forest cover 300 metres from the dream boutique hotel is patchy and looks very small.  Not much more than 100m2  and there's lots of buildings.  I would have thought somebody would have been able to smell/see something long before the body became a skeleton.

There is a big patch of forest about 1km away from that hotel, so maybe the reporting is just inaccurate, or maybe it's easier to lose a body than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Missing Briton’s body found by Cha-am Beach
By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Never knew, until today, that beaches could find a body.  How do they do that?  Surely, it should read something such as, "...body found NEAR ...."  Just curious.

Archived