Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Next Up For Thailand

snoop1130

Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Next Up For Thailand

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

S__27853035-696x464.jpg

Rocker Sek Loso, who just today challenged results of a recent drug test, enjoys a moment of levity with an officer of the law.

BANGKOK — The announcement of the nation’s first legal marijuana cultivation facility presages changes to the nation’s drug laws that will soon allow medical use of cannabis, Thailand’s top drug enforcement agent said Tuesday.

A recent rewrite of the nation’s strict narcotics laws will allow marijuana to be sold legally over-the-counter with a doctors’ prescription, Narcotics Control Board director Sirinya Sitdhichai said Tuesday.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/01/17/medical-marijuana-dispensaries-next-thailand/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-1-17

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel an overwhelming urge to visit a doctor. Any Doctor. At least any doctor who will give me a prescription. This place is utterly retarded on weed use, so hopefully this will go through. About time some common sense hit the country. Their drug laws have totally failed to date.

Thailand's self-appointed generals turned politicians were leaning slightly towards reason (re; pot laws), but..... they went flaccid.

I suspect US's DEA heard about little Thailand thinking for itself, and rushed in to set the Thai generals/politicians straight.   Thailand follows DEA dictates, in no small part because the DEA shovels lots of money and favors at pliable countries which echo archaic US federal laws.  The same laws which maintain hemp as a dangerous drug (which any knowledgeable person knows is hogwash).

I hope this comes really happens. I'm all for marijuana use, whether it be for medical use or recreational. But let me just play devil's advocate for a second. I've got medical certs from doctors before and they've barely even looked at me. Just signed me off and I pay money. Could the same not be done to get a prescription of weed? 

I wonder what sorts of protocols they'll have in place to ensure doctors are only prescribing to the people who need it. 

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Boomer responds:   What a load of green crap.  Prayut has his head stuck in a place which I can't articulate about for reasons known to T.Visaites.

Would that be where the sun doesn't shine?

18 minutes ago, faraday said:

Didn't say it was...

However, Marijuana withdrawal syndrome is well documented, & many people need help in stopping.

Yes, and I bet you were out campaigning for a gamblers rehab when Thailand introduced the lottery, they are in a similar category of necessity regarding withdrawal symptoms.

It‘s just a matter of time.

Time for big Thai tobacco to get ahead of this.

Time for the big players to get in line for envelopes

I love the term "agricultural entrepreneurs"

I am hoping for some nice weed coffee houses

But, will I be able to smoke it on the beach?

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Drugs are illegal,  they are scum and a scourge on any society. 

Duh! I guess you have been lucky (or a liar) in life and have never consulted a properly qualified Doctor of medicine, for any illness or injury suffered? :whistling:

And would refuse the medications offered because in your tiny little mind they are illegal!!

38 minutes ago, faraday said:

Didn't say it was...

However, Marijuana withdrawal syndrome is well documented, & many people need help in stopping.

That is so not true. I was a medicinal patient for almost 15 years in California. I came here and found it almost unattainable so its been almost 6 months now without it. No withdrawal symptoms of any sort. Not saying I would turn down a joint but I'm doing just fine without it. Not sure if my health issue is any better/worse but I'll survive 

As a registered substance abuse counselor, I can categorically state that for some people, it is a substance subject to abuse and dependence - commonly called addiction. I say this not only from my experience in treating people, but from the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual (rev 5: https://www.amhc.org/1408-addictions/article/48502-the-diagnostic-criteria-for-substance-use-disorders-addiction

1 minute ago, noahvail said:

As a registered substance abuse counselor, I can categorically state that for some people, it is a substance subject to abuse and dependence - commonly called addiction. I say this not only from my experience in treating people, but from the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual (rev 5: https://www.amhc.org/1408-addictions/article/48502-the-diagnostic-criteria-for-substance-use-disorders-addiction

Are we talking about medicinal marijuana/cannabis or non medicinal? There is a very big difference.

Archived