Two bikers killed in hit and run on 100-friend trip in Suphan Buri

rooster59

Two bikers killed in hit and run on 100-friend trip in Suphan Buri

By The Nation

Two motorcyclists were killed when they were hit by a vehicle while riding with some 100 friends in Suphan Buri on Friday night.

Police said the group of about 100 motorcyclists were riding together, coming from the downtown on the Uya-Don Chedi road in Tambon Sakaew on their way to the Don Chedi light and sound festival when the accident occurred.

Prasit Thassanaphan, 20, and Patiphan Chanthuan, 20, were killed at the scene.

Police said their motorcycles were hit by a vehicle overtaking the group of riders. When they fell to the road, the two were run over by their friends’ bikes.

Police will check footage of security cameras in the area to try to locate the vehicle.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336738

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-20

well, sorry for the riders who went out for what is supposed to be a fun event, may they RIP.

But if they were not obeying traffic rules as in not keeping distance, not allowing overtaking vehicles to weave in, obstructing traffic flow then accidents are bound to happen.
Some people like to go places at a reasonable speed, say 90 kmh, and a bunch of outlaws blocking the street in front of you for an undetermined period while on a long distance trip is rather frustrating, and yes, I do overtake. 
And if a truck comes up ahead of me while I am indicating to the left already and am not let in, yes, I choose the lesser evil and move to the left, carefully.

As for the driver doing a runner, while despicable, I am not surprised given the attitude that certain people portray as their cool image.

My take: Grow up bikers, and share the roads responsibly !

39 minutes ago, KKr said:

well, sorry for the riders who went out for what is supposed to be a fun event, may they RIP.

But if they were not obeying traffic rules as in not keeping distance, not allowing overtaking vehicles to weave in, obstructing traffic flow then accidents are bound to happen.
Some people like to go places at a reasonable speed, say 90 kmh, and a bunch of outlaws blocking the street in front of you for an undetermined period while on a long distance trip is rather frustrating, and yes, I do overtake. 
And if a truck comes up ahead of me while I am indicating to the left already and am not let in, yes, I choose the lesser evil and move to the left, carefully.

As for the driver doing a runner, while despicable, I am not surprised given the attitude that certain people portray as their cool image.

So much for "safety in numbers". 

Sad, 2 gone forever, 98 with a trip that they'll never forget, especially for the member who accidentally run over them. 

12 hours ago, KKr said:

You have great imagination... If.. If..... Bunch of outlaws...... You deduced thus from the OP?? 

Archived