BANGKOK 23 March 2019 01:50

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Bangkok's Somali refugees persecuted and living in fear

11 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

you have no clue about how migrants are treated in Europe, this is right wing bs. And why is there no money for the elderly? Of course, it is because of poor working class people from other countries, nothing to do with the banks, ceos and rampant neo-liberal policies

Not sure about Europe but sure as hell I see and know how they are treated in Australia ! Bloody very well !!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

If the Thai authorities don't like or trust African refugees why have they allowed them to stay. If you want them here then offer some support.

You mean similar to the areas where one person decides to feed the two pigeons in their garden. Soon the area is over-run with hundreds of the bloody things just making a mess everywhere.

The simple solution is at the airport immigration ask them for 20k and a return ticket. That should solve the problem 100%

I don’t feel sorry for them,.. persecuted? really,… 

Many Thais lives in just the same condition,… 

Controversial to say it, but they should stay in their own countries and sort them out even if it means sacrificing yourself. Many countries have civil wars and countless have lost their lives to make these great safe countries that every hard luck case thinks they are entitled to enter and leech off. Sure, women and children should be entertained till they can be safely returned but military aged fit men should stop being cowards and save their countries instead of just running away like pussies. Shameful.

4 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Controversial to say it, but they should stay in their own countries and sort them out even if it means sacrificing yourself. Many countries have civil wars and countless have lost their lives to make these great safe countries that every hard luck case thinks they are entitled to enter and leech off. Sure, women and children should be entertained till they can be safely returned but military aged fit men should stop being cowards and save their countries instead of just running away like pussies. Shameful.

And yet, throughout history, patterns in human migration have been largely influenced by folk escaping war... interesting that

Don't u guys get it...

They start a fake war just so that they can dump their fake refugees with us.

Thats how i see it.

Why the Syrians do not return its safe so go back.

50% of those refugees  are on wellfare who will never work or contribute so stay for what?

34 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Your post is the most shameful thing I've read today.

Unless it was sarcasm, which I am hoping it is.

1 hour ago, toughlove said:

The simple solution is at the airport immigration ask them for 20k and a return ticket. That should solve the problem 100%

because refugees usually arrive at airports. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Indeed... problems problems problems.

i had to give the Somali taxi driver directions, on my last visit to Perth.

problems indeed!

must have been a horrible experience. hope you got over that trauma. :unsure:

Wait a minute. What in the hell are they doing in Thailand with no Visa? I don't do it now but for 32 years I jumped through all the immigration hoops and checked in when I was supposed to, made the expensive trips to Laos from Pattaya to get my next 90 days. I am fortunate that I married a Filippina and now get a one year "Visa" upon passing immigration called a Balikbayan. Why are the Thai Authorities not deporting these people? They have been broadcasting to all us Expats the penalties for going "overstay" including deportation and banning for different periods of time. This just does not seem fair to all the Expat Friends I left in Thailand.

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

you have no clue about how migrants are treated in Europe, this is right wing bs. And why is there no money for the elderly? Of course, it is because of poor working class people from other countries, nothing to do with the banks, ceos and rampant neo-liberal policies

Nice try, but this is exactly how they are treated in many places in Europe. In Sweden, for example, many elderly can only watch as their teeth rot in their mouths because they can't afford dental care. At the same time, illegal immigrants have full access to dental care for about 100 baht.

Want more examples? What about people getting pushed aside in the crowded apartment queues because the government are snatching the apartments away so that immigrants can live in them for free?

It goes without saying that if you spend billions of dollars on one group of people, that money naturally has to be taken from somewhere else in the budget.

These are facts, not "right-wing propaganda" or whatever BS term you want to use to sweep the truth under the carpet. I can't for the love  of me understand why some of you are son insistent in closing your eyes. No, immigrants are of course not responsible for everything bad i western society, but they sure as hell represent a huge problem that people who have worked all their lives have to pay for, when they should be enjoying the autumn of their years.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

And yet, throughout history, patterns in human migration have been largely influenced by folk escaping war... interesting that

In those times there was space for them and no free handouts.

An off topic troll post has been reported and has now been removed, along with replies, topic is about 

Bangkok's Somali refugees persecuted and living in fear

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Ship them to Europe we will give them free houses, free monthly 900 euros a month till rest of their life, free passport, free medical, free lawyers and lateron they may bring over all their family members.. because they are refugees so that what we need to do...Read they above if anyone still wonder why they keep coming..

Meanwhile there no money for our elderly but who cares.

Angela Merkel will welcome them. Germany invests in the "future" and cuts budgets for elderly, disabled, and folks in need of help. Visited Germany not long ago. Germans are being outnumbered in certain parts of the country. 

Bangkok has several NGOs and expat ladies groups which keep the illegals fed and healthy.