Updates and Progress Anyone??

dontoearth

I have taken off 36 lbs. USA weight since I joined this forum.  I used some of the following techniques.

NO PORTION control.  The national science foundation and the National Institute of Health have completely put this idiotic theory to death.  The American Medical Association will continue to use it for another 30 years and endless people will report it as a simple matter of calories in calories out.  Bullshit!

I used intermittent fasting.  It was easy for me.  I hate breakfast!  Some tips after you fast  plan your next meal carefully.  Know what you will eat and how much.   I find I can close my digestive window to just a few hours a day with no problem. I actually enjoy it.

I have eliminated all NON-Nutritional Foods.  No soda, no chips, no fries, no table sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no juices. (too much concentrated food)

I pay close attention to glycemic loads.  I don't do oatmeal (do steel cut oats sometimes).  I don't do white or wheat bread.  I do sourdough sometimes.  You have to get it from a real baker which ferments the grain.  It takes a lot of sugar out of the flour that way and has half the glycemic load of white or wheat bread.  The sourdough at TOPS and other places is just a flavoring.  It is not sourdough bread.  Real sourdough has to ferment several days before baking.  This takes the sugar out.  There are small independent bakeries that ferment and bake all over Bangkok.

I love fresh fruit here in Thailand.  I buy it and carry it to my room for snacks.  I get vegetables from the salad bar.  I use the hill tribe eggs.  I boil them in a pot in my room.  I drink water, tea and coffee without sugar or milk.  I don't drink milk!  I do eat cheese preferable raw milk cheese.  And I do eat greek yogurt high in protein.  

I do go the vegetarian food stall at MBK food court and often have a heaping plate of food.  I try to keep meat to a minimum so my protein is eggs and tuna and less so a pork roast slice, roast chicken, or a beef patty maybe once a month.  No cold cuts!  No subway sandwiches.  No mcdonald's!  No KFC unless I strip the fried skin off.

I do 5 days of weight lifting.

I use a sports medicine package from Yoskarn Clinic.  I can post my package if someone wants to see it.  Just need to move a photo from my phone to the forum.

I use a fitbit and track my ellipitical routine before and after exercise.

I have a personal trainer each and everyday!  Worth many times the money I pay him.  I hope he doesn't read this forum.

So I would be glad to answer any and all questions and respond to all comments.

I am back on exactly this program for the next 4 or 5 months trying to take an additional 20 lbs USA weight off my body.  I use a big professional Tanita scale at Olympic so I can see the composition.  Fat goes!  Muscles should gain!  I can post a picture of my body composition Analyzer if someone request it.

The weight loss has lasted one full year.  My face shrank.  My stomach shrank.  I bought new clothes.  

How has everyone else done on this forum.  I often see people join and brag about some starvation plan and some 4 hour a day exercise plan but then they drop off.  Has anyone done a good job of losing and maintaining? 

I got the weight of but gained muscle back. Kept the fat off since i lost it. Though i admit at times i weight a few kilos more as as I want. Right now after the holiday there is a bit of fat to lose (2 kg most now) and its going down with just my normal diet and exercise. 

As reported in another thread, I started a healthy diet/healthy exercise regime last February. I weighed 73 Kg (small, compact body but with lots of spare fat!).

I kept to a diet of fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, keffir milk, various types of nuts, oily fish, lean meat and a little red wine
I cycled to/from work every weekday (6 Km each way), as well as jogging and cycling at the weekend. I also started doing a little free weight training to increase/maintain my upper body muscles (which have always been small).

One year later, I have lost about 10 Kg. My health is great and all blood works indicate very good figures for BP, PSA, choresterol etc etc).

I feel great!! I was in BKK over the weekend and took the opportunity to jog about 8 Km each morning around the lake in the park near to Asoke. (12 months ago, I could hardly jog 100 metres..)

I continue to follow this regime, and am very happy with the results and with my general feeling of well-being and good health.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

As reported in another thread, I started a healthy diet/healthy exercise regime last February. I weighed 73 Kg (small, compact body but with lots of spare fat!).

I kept to a diet of fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, keffir milk, various types of nuts, oily fish, lean meat and a little red wine
I cycled to/from work every weekday (6 Km each way), as well as jogging and cycling at the weekend. I also started doing a little free weight training to increase/maintain my upper body muscles (which have always been small).

One year later, I have lost about 10 Kg. My health is great and all blood works indicate very good figures for BP, PSA, choresterol etc etc).

I feel great!! I was in BKK over the weekend and took the opportunity to jog about 8 Km each morning around the lake in the park near to Asoke. (12 months ago, I could hardly jog 100 metres..)

I continue to follow this regime, and am very happy with the results and with my general feeling of well-being and good health.

Great to hear!  I am glad for you!  It isn't easy but it is so worthwhile.

It isn't easy but it is so worthwhile.

I agree.

My motivation was that I was fast-approaching 60 years old. I decided that trying to lose weight/get fit and healthy in my 60's was going to be a lot harder than achieving that goal before I got to 60. So I adopted a 'slowly,slowly' diet and exercise program.

Now with the fat gone and a visible 6-pack, I intend to stay reasonably fit and healthy. I don't want to return to be the 'out-of-breath tubby' that I was just 12 months ago.

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

I agree.

My motivation was that I was fast-approaching 60 years old. I decided that trying to lose weight/get fit and healthy in my 60's was going to be a lot harder than achieving that goal before I got to 60. So I adopted a 'slowly,slowly' diet and exercise program.

Now with the fat gone and a visible 6-pack, I intend to stay reasonably fit and healthy. I don't want to return to be the 'out-of-breath tubby' that I was just 12 months ago.

Congratulations!   I am glad to hear this news.  I am 61 and your ideas are spot on.  I work out very hard but much smaller results then I would have gotten years ago.  I am half way thru my goal program and pouring on more steam.  :)

• 1 month later...

I thought I should give an update as I am now at 185 lbs US pounds.  Down from 226 lbs when I joined the forum!  My blood pressure reading this am was below normal.  :)   I have been doing all sorts of measurements and health diagnostics as I work on my bodyfat problem.  I still need to bring my bodyfat down and muscle mass up. And for those that hate the BMI I need to bring the BMI score down slightly.  It applies to fat old men such as myself.  I find it useful.  The olympic athletes and bodybulders overly tall etc. on the forum can exempt themselves.  It is not a meaningful measure for them.

I still think I am headed down to 174 US pounds and would like that weight composition to be more muscle mass and less bodyfat yet.  I will work on this until about June when I head home for the states.  This year I will be joning a gym and continuing some kind of lifting as the cardio I choose last year helped me maintain my exact weight loss WHILE IT ALLOWED FOR ME TO ADD 9 lbs of body fat.  So less cardio for my off period.

I continue to skip breakfast for my IF program and will probably lengthen my fasting period to some full days over the next month or two.  I find the hunger is only a passing thing and a cup of black coffee or a bottle of water and it just disappears.  Hunger does not need to be fed chips, fried chicken and donuts!  LOL.  I am not willing to do portion control or calorie counting.  It did not help me in the 15-20 year struggle as I gained too much weight.  It in fact for me it was a big distraction from solving any of my health problems. 

Too each his own and I hope some of the forum members are making progress with whatever they have chosen as their methods.

I am waaaay older than you guys but am living proof that you can lose weight and build muscle cos l have done it. Of course what works for one may not work for another, for me it was trial and error to see what happened. That goes for exercises one can manage, or look at the equipment available and design your own thing. As I have a joint problem I really did have to get my gray cells working.

First I set myself a goal regarding a muscle and blitzed it to see what happened, traps. Then triceps, it worked, so gave me motivation to move on.

I take no supplements and eat once a day, plus a few beers..:stoner:

I am only 5'8" but weighed in at 90kg with a 38 waist, now a 34 waist but no idea what l weigh, probably under 80kg..:smile:

On 3/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, dontoearth said:

I thought I should give an update as I am now at 185 lbs US pounds.  Down from 226 lbs when I joined the forum!  My blood pressure reading this am was below normal.  :)   I have been doing all sorts of measurements and health diagnostics as I work on my bodyfat problem.  I still need to bring my bodyfat down and muscle mass up. And for those that hate the BMI I need to bring the BMI score down slightly.  It applies to fat old men such as myself.  I find it useful.  The olympic athletes and bodybulders overly tall etc. on the forum can exempt themselves.  It is not a meaningful measure for them.

I still think I am headed down to 174 US pounds and would like that weight composition to be more muscle mass and less bodyfat yet.  I will work on this until about June when I head home for the states.  This year I will be joning a gym and continuing some kind of lifting as the cardio I choose last year helped me maintain my exact weight loss WHILE IT ALLOWED FOR ME TO ADD 9 lbs of body fat.  So less cardio for my off period.

I continue to skip breakfast for my IF program and will probably lengthen my fasting period to some full days over the next month or two.  I find the hunger is only a passing thing and a cup of black coffee or a bottle of water and it just disappears.  Hunger does not need to be fed chips, fried chicken and donuts!  LOL.  I am not willing to do portion control or calorie counting.  It did not help me in the 15-20 year struggle as I gained too much weight.  It in fact for me it was a big distraction from solving any of my health problems. 

Too each his own and I hope some of the forum members are making progress with whatever they have chosen as their methods.

Good enthusiasm, should see you through to the end, and thereafter you'll be able to maintain, knowing what it would be like to have to lose again. But after you're into the lifestyle, as you seem to be now, it's not so difficult and you can enjoy the occasional splurge. Just better all around not to get fat in the first place, can't be emphasized enough.

Though most forum members surely made a note in their calendars as to "when you joined the forum," you might give the date anyway. You mean 2012?

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Good enthusiasm, should see you through to the end, and thereafter you'll be able to maintain, knowing what it would be like to have to lose again. But after you're into the lifestyle, as you seem to be now, it's not so difficult and you can enjoy the occasional splurge. Just better all around not to get fat in the first place, can't be emphasized enough.

Though most forum members surely made a note in their calendars as to "when you joined the forum," you might give the date anyway. You mean 2012?

Actually I didn't make a date and don't see anything in my profile about joining the forum.  I believe I joined in mid-2016.  I may have lurked before making any active comments.  The program of diet and exercise had started a year early at the end of my summer vacation in August 2015.  I was convinced after 30 days with my trainer and starting on a diet plan that I could do this full-time as my retirement project to remodel ME.  My estimate that it would take 5 months was pretty ridiculous.

Part of my weight gain problem was my naievity in letting my doctor prescribe endless metabolic drugs which caused so many side effects in my body.  This started in my mid 40's and I realize now it started the endless weight gain.   It certainly slowed my metabolism to have arthritis like joint pain from cholesterol meds.  Later the high blood pressure meds gave me edema and gout which made it impossible even to walk without pain.  He tried to prescribe TypeII diabetes meds even tho.' I had ABSOLUETELY no TYPEII diabetes according to my lab blood test.  He sent a strange letter about leaving the practice...and wishing us the best..and enjoying his time there...   I think I was not the only one he was misdiagnosising.  Someone else must have gotten very vocal. 

I no longer take any of these medications and my medical test show that I do not need them.  The diet and exercise has cured the diseases that so many doctors make their living from in terms of prescribing lifetime meds and then getting endless patient visits from the side effects for which they presscribe more meds.

Today I would go to the doctor if I broke my leg or had cancer.  I would not go to him for any of these lifetime med conditions.  So I learned plenty besides the diet and exercise.

And there is still  a ways to go.....

47 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

Actually I didn't make a date and don't see anything in my profile about joining the forum.  I believe I joined in mid-2016.

image.png.f019e37b2b0faf8d253279c6613905c2.png

My estimate that it would take 5 months was pretty ridiculous.

I understand. Everyone's different but I think in terms of a year or two. Friend of mine's made good progress in a year but he's got another one to go because he can't be consistent. I must say his overweight Thai wife is a bad influence he finds hard to resist. He started off very optimistic, too. Sometimes it's tough to resist friends and family who don't share your dedication.

I no longer take any of these medications and my medical test show that I do not need them.  The diet and exercise has cured the diseases that so many doctors make their living from in terms of prescribing lifetime meds and then getting endless patient visits from the side effects for which they presscribe more meds.

Great, innit? When somebody questions my "masochistic" habits (eating a burger w/o the bread, just having a salad, etc.) I reply I'm glad I'm feeling great, not a kilo overweight (most of the time!), and don't need any meds--and want to keep things that way as long as possible.

I also think that my keeping mentally and physically fit (within reason), an edge, has helped me avoid accidents over the years when riding a motorbike, esp around Pattaya, a challenging environment to say the least.

15 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Great, innit? When somebody questions my "masochistic" habits (eating a burger w/o the bread, just having a salad, etc.) I reply I'm glad I'm feeling great, not a kilo overweight (most of the time!), and don't need any meds--and want to keep things that way as long as possible.

I am dealing with people looking at me with deep sympathy like I am dying and saying,"Oh, my you are doing so much damage to your health not eating breakfast.  That is not good for you!"  Usually the person saying this is on Type II Diabetes meds, high blood pressure meds, cholesterold meds, fatty liver enzyme meds and is a good 60-100 lbs overweight.  Yet they think I am damaging my health irreparably by not eating breakfast?  BTW!  The whole mantra that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is grilled into kids at a young age in the USA.  This was taught in american grade schools in the health education classes and paid for by the cereal processing companies and milk lobby so it is really deep in the skull.  

Like you I need no meds whatsoever and my blood panels are showing amazing reversals of diseases that the prescription drugs DID NOT reverse after years of use.  

2 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

I am dealing with people looking at me with deep sympathy like I am dying and saying,"Oh, my you are doing so much damage to your health not eating breakfast.  That is not good for you!"  Usually the person saying this is on Type II Diabetes meds, high blood pressure meds, cholesterold meds, fatty liver enzyme meds and is a good 60-100 lbs overweight.  Yet they think I am damaging my health irreparable by not eating breakfast?  BTW!  The whole mantra that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is grilled into kids at a young age in the USA.  This was taught in american grade schools in the health education classes and paid for by the cereal processing companies and milk lobby so it is really deep in the scull.  

Like you I need no meds whatsoever and my blood panels are showing amazing reversals of diseases that the prescription drugs DID NOT reverse after years of use.  

I never eat breakfast, well perhaps only at a holiday hotel...:stoner:

11 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

I am dealing with people looking at me with deep sympathy like I am dying and saying,"Oh, my you are doing so much damage to your health not eating breakfast.  That is not good for you!"  Usually the person saying this is on Type II Diabetes meds, high blood pressure meds, cholesterold meds, fatty liver enzyme meds and is a good 60-100 lbs overweight.  Yet they think I am damaging my health irreparable by not eating breakfast?  BTW!  The whole mantra that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is grilled into kids at a young age in the USA.  This was taught in american grade schools in the health education classes and paid for by the cereal processing companies and milk lobby so it is really deep in the scull.  

i think you make a very good point about this breakfast issue.

If you are working tough physical and long hours then yes, big breakfast ok.

but for many us retired here we just dont do enough to require 3 meals a day.

also i find if eat breakfast i am hungry all day long.

so true also, these guys who tell you..must eat breakfast and 3 good meals a day..

they are usually the fat ones who say this to justify their own obesity.

most times themself are eating out of boredom and a routine  or using food as a comfort for other issues

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Fasting diets reduce important risk factor for cardiovascular disease

New report, likes 5:2 better than just calorie restriction.

Better triglyceride clearance from the blood stream and much better blood pressure reduction for fasting.  It looks like they might also have data shortly showing lower insulin secretion.  

Many of the fasting gurus already claim great results with Type II diabetes and insulin resistance problems.  I haven't heard them say much about blood pressure and triglycerides.  We are moving further and further away from calorie reduction models which I think is very good.

It will be interesting when I return to the states and get my yearly full blood panel.  A small blood panel I had here for testing to make sure there were no complications from a prescription I previously used showed improvements in kidney and liver function over last year.  I just considered it was from the weight loss.  I didn't ever think about the diet method.

• 1 month later...

Posting my current progress:

Well the last two monthly measures have showed small gains in weight.  However, the measures are complete body composition measures and they show muscle mass increases and body fat decreases in both of those months.  I am not entirely happy as I had a blood pressure spike problem over the last two weeks.  I can't decide if it is my increasing body mass or just the heat and air pollution in Bangkok.  I guess rainy season will help me sort it out.

Anyway, the muscle gain was 1.9K and the bodyfat reduction was 2.3% bringing me down to 19.8% body fat which for an old geezer is pretty amazing.  I wouldn't mind bringing it down to under 17% at some point.  The body weight increase was 1.3K so if the BP problems go away I will be glad for the additional muscle and the reduced body fat.  I believe my waist size has gone down an additional inch?

And just to hack everyone off I am still not within the correct range on BMI!  ROFL!  I still work on that measure because of the BP problems.

How is everyone else doing?

Gained fat in the period December - half March, sleeping problems turned into training problems turned into diet problems. 

Seem to have lost a lot of it already still need to go down more, according to the scales just 2 more kg  but decided to go a lot leaner.  So I want to lose an other 5-6 kg instead of just 2. Will see how long it takes. Right now it goes fast, a little bit too fast so i started eating a bit more. 

Rather have it go slower now but without a plateau then going fast hitting a plateau and not being able to break it. Bodyfat around 33% according to the scales. Great things those scales real accurate and all. 

The 5-6 kilo is actually 5 kg as confirmed this morning. I thought it would have gone up during the days I ate more. So 5 kg to get leaner as ever and 1 - 2 kg to be back where i started. 

I have good upper abs that are nicely visible, though i might have to train them harder so they become larger. (two ways to get better abs, remove the fat and / or make the abs bigger. My main area of problem is now the sides of my body my hips there is still fat there and i like that to go away. I never really got that gone as much as i liked that is why i set new goals..(and to have goals of course having goals is important).

Anyway the way i read it you lost 2.2 kg in 2 months (of fat). I hated those speeds when I was doing the 25 kg that i lost over that year. At first fast, later slow. But i guess once you get close to where you want to be it matters less as you feel already comfortable in your body.

Right now I feel much better then in April as a lot of fat has come off and I am happy again with the way the body looks.

I think in a way I do intermittent fasting as i stop eating at 17:00 and don't eat again before 9:00. I believe intermittent fasting is based on 16 hours of not eating. Its not something I do consciously but just how my day is planned. 

Weight keeps coming off at a rapid pace, have increased caloric intake a bit and keep my proteins at 1,5 to 2 (don't really get to 2 grams often) high. Multiple studies have shown that people on two grams of protein lost more fat as those on one gram of protein per day (if calories stay the same). Of course they always combine this with a strength training regime. My carbs are relatively high and I really need them to fuel my exercise. The studies i read are clear carbs are needed for exercise, for those seriously exercising carbs are a must to keep exercise going. I seem to be confirming those studies with my weight loss.

That does not mean low carb is useless as it clearly is good for some people its just an other tool in the box of diets. But in recent years many bodybuilders made the shift from low car to keeping carbs higher and the results were better. You can't compare bodybuilders of course to the general population. The more muscle you have the better the body can handle carbs and the more explosive training you do the more you need carbs. Insulin is not only bad it also helps to push nutrients in the muscle. The trick is making the body put the nutrients in the muscle instead of storing it as fat. A good strategy for bodybuilders is to keep the carbs highest around the training time and then go low carb later.

The way I am progressing I see that i will reach my goal next week (back to normal) and then I will go beyond my normal state. I might add a day with only ab exercises in the weekend to try to make my abs bigger. 

22 hours ago, robblok said:

I think in a way I do intermittent fasting as i stop eating at 17:00 and don't eat again before 9:00. I believe intermittent fasting is based on 16 hours of not eating. Its not something I do consciously but just how my day is planned. 

Weight keeps coming off at a rapid pace, have increased caloric intake a bit and keep my proteins at 1,5 to 2 (don't really get to 2 grams often) high. Multiple studies have shown that people on two grams of protein lost more fat as those on one gram of protein per day (if calories stay the same). Of course they always combine this with a strength training regime. My carbs are relatively high and I really need them to fuel my exercise. The studies i read are clear carbs are needed for exercise, for those seriously exercising carbs are a must to keep exercise going. I seem to be confirming those studies with my weight loss.

That does not mean low carb is useless as it clearly is good for some people its just an other tool in the box of diets. But in recent years many bodybuilders made the shift from low car to keeping carbs higher and the results were better. You can't compare bodybuilders of course to the general population. The more muscle you have the better the body can handle carbs and the more explosive training you do the more you need carbs. Insulin is not only bad it also helps to push nutrients in the muscle. The trick is making the body put the nutrients in the muscle instead of storing it as fat. A good strategy for bodybuilders is to keep the carbs highest around the training time and then go low carb later.

The way I am progressing I see that i will reach my goal next week (back to normal) and then I will go beyond my normal state. I might add a day with only ab exercises in the weekend to try to make my abs bigger. 

You should be a body builder.

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

You should be a body builder.

I might well be a bodybuilder, but not one of the real big ones.. compared to the ones on stage i am puny. Compared to the general population I am a bodybuilder. But my goal is not to get (much) bigger maybe that is why I don't really consider myself a bodybuilder.

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

The top level ones look weird.

Not disagreeing with you there, it certainly is not my goal to look like that. That is if I could even get there. You need good genes.. good training good food and some chemicals. 

But looking like that was never my goal, maybe that is why I don't consider myself a bodybuilder. I am way more muscular than the average person but not even close to those top level ones.

On 20/03/2018 at 12:24 PM, dontoearth said:

I am dealing with people looking at me with deep sympathy like I am dying and saying,"Oh, my you are doing so much damage to your health not eating breakfast.  That is not good for you!"  Usually the person saying this is on Type II Diabetes meds, high blood pressure meds, cholesterold meds, fatty liver enzyme meds and is a good 60-100 lbs overweight.  Yet they think I am damaging my health irreparably by not eating breakfast?  BTW!  The whole mantra that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is grilled into kids at a young age in the USA.  This was taught in american grade schools in the health education classes and paid for by the cereal processing companies and milk lobby so it is really deep in the skull.  

The whole breakfast thing is interesting but timing of food isnt as important to overall volume, calories and carbs.

Some days I look forward to bacon, eggs and coffee. Other days it's nothing but liquid prior to 10am. If I'm really hungry a big omelette with mushrooms. I just go with what the body tells me. I use the same approach to exercise. Sometimes a 4 day break. Other times 2 days in a row. Today I did 3 sessions. 2 cardio and 1 mixed weights and cardio.

The body knows what it needs. Just have to listen to it.

12 hours ago, Justfine said:

The whole breakfast thing is interesting but timing of food isnt as important to overall volume, calories and carbs.

Some days I look forward to bacon, eggs and coffee. Other days it's nothing but liquid prior to 10am. If I'm really hungry a big omelette with mushrooms. I just go with what the body tells me. I use the same approach to exercise. Sometimes a 4 day break. Other times 2 days in a row. Today I did 3 sessions. 2 cardio and 1 mixed weights and cardio.

The body knows what it needs. Just have to listen to it.

There are definitely lots of professionals working on food timing as a way of keeping insulin levels low in the body which in turn keeps the body from taking that food and storing it as fat.  It appears moving to 2 meals or 1 meal is very beneficial and none of the programs require portion control or calorie counting.  In fact the vast majority of new diet plans don't do portion control or calorie counting.

26 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

There are definitely lots of professionals working on food timing as a way of keeping insulin levels low in the body which in turn keeps the body from taking that food and storing it as fat.  It appears moving to 2 meals or 1 meal is very beneficial and none of the programs require portion control or calorie counting.  In fact the vast majority of new diet plans don't do portion control or calorie counting.

That is just because people can't de bothered to do calorie counting, not because its not useful. To do calorie counting takes work and you need to have some brains too. Most of the population has none of that. 

Yes there is a lot of work don on keeping insulin levels low to keep your insulin sensitive and make your body prefer to shift nutrients in the muscle cells instead of in the fat cells. Some bodybuilders use metformin to do so (though others are worried about the influence of that medicine on muscle growth), again others use berberine (proven to be as good as metformin) but is a herb and natural with less side effects. They take it with high carb meals so the body (theoretically) would shift the nutrients in the muscle instead of fat cells. 

What I have seen about meal timing does not support your claim at all. Thing is people can interpret research in many different ways and find the stuff that proves their idea's. Fact remains that there is no clear proof either way besides that calories do count (if its not junk calories) it does not matter too much how and when its consumed. Though for bodybuilders and people who like to gain muscle its beneficial to time some meals around your workout as your body is then more inclined to put the nutrients in your muscles then fat cells. 

Insulin is not a bad thing, its just a transporting agent and you need it otherwise you can't build muscle either. Too much of it is a problem but in healthy individuals its  not a problem.

I think in discussions we should make a difference between fat people with metabolic problems and people who are already in better shape and exercising a lot. Those bodies certainly are not the same and don't respond the same. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think in discussions we should make a difference between fat people with metabolic problems and people who are already in better shape and exercising a lot. Those bodies certainly are not the same and don't respond the same. 

I thought they had divided this up some time ago giving a new board to the fitness people and leaving this one to the fat.

25 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

I thought they had divided this up some time ago giving a new board to the fitness people and leaving this one to the fat.

I thought you were no longer that fat but beginning to transform thus your body has different requirements. Besides its still fat loss just different stages of fat loss. You really hate it don't you when anyone does not share your idea's about weight loss. You are becoming a religious fanatic thinking that there is one solution for all forgetting that different people have different needs.

Besides this method cuf 55 lbs of fat away from me.. I would call that effective.

Archived