Where to get a Laptop can run dual operating systems in BKK?

waxpro

1 minute ago, donim said:

He said "It looks so interesting to run both at the same time as operating 2 separate machines! "

Once again, WHY two machines at once. You only have one set of hands, eyes and ears.

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Once again, WHY two machines at once.

Aah okay.. have to guess the underlayment of your 'WHY', now I know.

For installation and trying to work with a new operating system, it can be usefull to run the new system in a virtual computer and displaying on the second screen -while- you read the manual or look up help online, or even reading the thai visa posts on the primary screen (with the main system)

For me, I did run the processing for sound to data and recording of digital information, the software is running in the virtual machine and displaying the verbose information on the secondary screen, that all while I am doing my normal task like reading email and have a Line screen open with contacts with my family and that on the primary screen.

Sometime I need some information from a (server) computer or network machine and want to see that fullscreen, then have remotely that desktop on the secondary screen and working on the primary screen.

When I want watch tv, I am running the media player distribution from a virtual machine image and displaying that on the secondary screen. Having live tv or streaming video open. And the primary is free to use for main task.

To name a few.

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You only have one set of hands, eyes and ears.

Ears. No, these are not working with me.

And then the question , why the special sound system for 7 speakers if people has two ears.

And to add: I did had a virutal machine image, running linux mandriva. Just for the email.

The image was stored on a drive, accessible from the home network. I can choose either computer to open that image and go in my email program.

It saved my email for years and never had to worry if a could computer break and loosing emails.

Image itself was backupped weekly.

Did this 20 years ago and when I moved to thai I stopped using that image and started an new method here. The old image is still around, and when I want to I can go and read the old emails from and to my family, some people keeps their letters and I keep my bits.

Rgds,

10 hours ago, donim said:

Aah okay.. have to guess the underlayment of your 'WHY', now I know.

For installation and trying to work with a new operating system, it can be usefull to run the new system in a virtual computer and displaying on the second screen -while- you read the manual or look up help online, or even reading the thai visa posts on the primary screen (with the main system)

For me, I did run the processing for sound to data and recording of digital information, the software is running in the virtual machine and displaying the verbose information on the secondary screen, that all while I am doing my normal task like reading email and have a Line screen open with contacts with my family and that on the primary screen.

Sometime I need some information from a (server) computer or network machine and want to see that fullscreen, then have remotely that desktop on the secondary screen and working on the primary screen.

When I want watch tv, I am running the media player distribution from a virtual machine image and displaying that on the secondary screen. Having live tv or streaming video open. And the primary is free to use for main task.

To name a few.

Ears. No, these are not working with me.

And then the question , why the special sound system for 7 speakers if people has two ears.

Thank you for your good explanation, although in some instances you quote, I can do the same with 2 monitors on W10.

Your ears are very directional in that they can hear from the front or back of your head, left or right. That's why some people have 7.1 sound. I personally go for good stereo spectrum, or if listening to old Beach Boys material, listen in mono as Brian Wilson wanted it. Cheers.

As for saving emails on a virtual machine...again WHY? I use MS Mail, backed up to One Drive. Never lost anything I wanted to keep.

Archived