BANGKOK 18 July 2019 14:28
JimShorts

Bangkok Air Pollution

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, Thian said:

How can wind not help to bring in fresh clean air? I don't get it. The reason i smell smoke from fires is because there's no wind...and that lowclass somchai is burning wood to keep warm of course.

"...and that lowclass somchai is burning wood to keep warm of course."

Of course, what an inconsiderate bastard he is.  Your empathy for the less well off knows no bounds.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, LALes said:

Crystal blue sky???  You gotta be dreaming.  Are you looking straight up?

I'm in the Nana area.  Its gray as far as I can see.

What's wrong with a grey sky, it's clouds that cause that, you know, water vapour?

From the 6th floor of our office at Mo Chit we can just see the outline of the Baiyoke tower 6km away, pretty murky.

When we had our condo in Bangkadi we could often see the tower 25km away.

Air scrubber filters are very effective at removing particles in the air. If we could get people to throw water in the air this pollution problem would be solved in a matter of days.

We could even have people sitting on the back of pick-up truck using buckets to throw water or equip them with some sort of water container with a pump and they could spray water while they walk around.

I know, silly idea. It will be impossible to get a whole nation to do this at the same time.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Air scrubber filters are very effective at removing particles in the air. If we could get people to throw water in the air this pollution problem would be solved in a matter of days.

We could even have people sitting on the back of pick-up truck using buckets to throw water or equip them with some sort of water container with a pump and they could spray water while they walk around.

I know, silly idea. It will be impossible to get a whole nation to do this at the same time.

So a few watersprayers on the high buildings and the whole issue is solved...? Thailand can do....no ploblem.

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

From the 6th floor of our office at Mo Chit we can just see the outline of the Baiyoke tower 6km away, pretty murky.

When we had our condo in Bangkadi we could often see the tower 25km away.

I doubt you will even be able to see Baiyoke this morning. Looks like less than 3-4 km of visibility this morning.

Pretty grim if it stays like this for the rest of the month. We need some wind soon.

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I doubt you will even be able to see Baiyoke this morning. Looks like less than 3-4 km of visibility this morning.

Nope, not even a shadow of the beast.

It's difficult to work out what I can see, Baiyoke is very distinctive. I can just see the Paolo Memorial Hospital about 1.5km away there are shadows behind it but I can't tie up with the map.

This time of year is normally more polluted, no?

Bring on the wet season I say!

3 hours ago, revelstone said:

Current PM2.5 AQI level of 187 in Bangkok this morning as of 05:00. Pretty damn high

Capture.JPG

And going up!!  200 now (and that was from 8am!).

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The haze soup of February 8th 2018 vs. a normal day in 2017.

AA1.jpg

AA2.jpg

That golfcourse should be planted with loads of (fruit)tree's so it becomes a green lung for the city. If the tree's are tall enough they can still play golf underneath and even have shade.

• Haha 1