BANGKOK
JimShorts

Bangkok Air Pollution

I woke up this morning having left it on overnight and got pm2.5 readings of 0 from my Sndway.

Thanks it’s quite inexpensive indeed.
What’s the size of the room you let it run in ?

Edwardandtubs 2 questions please, what is an sndway? Is it like a hand held monitor And are you sure the model discussed filters pm2.5. Cheers in advance

edwardandtubs, my 2 questions resolved and now awaiting delivery of my xpx and aqi monitor. Cheers

• Like 1

I’ve noticed that the rate at which my purifiers are cleaning the air at home is faster when I turn the aircon on .

Have you noticed the same ?

of course it will seb2015, you increase mass transport.

with respect to the higher buildings you need to be in an aeroplane to be above the seasonal dust, I don't beleive any Thai buildings are sufficiently high enough that any could claim lower dust levels.

26 minutes ago, manchega said:

of course it will seb2015, you increase mass transport.

with respect to the higher buildings you need to be in an aeroplane to be above the seasonal dust, I don't beleive any Thai buildings are sufficiently high enough that any could claim lower dust levels.

Yep, read all about it at my comment and linked article HERE.

does thai visa know you are attempting to profit out of open source information on pollution?

not sure it is morally acceptable either.

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Interesting article on fake 3M masks.

http://thairesidents.com/health/beware-fake-n95-masks-market-right-now/

I wouldn't trust any of the sellers on Lazada or other online marketplaces apart from the official 3M store. 

What's the official 3M Store? I was told by a few people here before that 3mdelivery.com was the official one. The 1st time I bought from them it validated on 3M as being a true copy. The 2nd time I validated on 3M (same 8210 mask but the US packaging) it said it was a fake: https://safeguard.3m.com/Guest#/Validation So it seems 3mdelivery.com are also selling fakes.

Edited by bbi1

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

What's the official 3M Store? I was told by a few people here before that 3mdelivery.com was the official one. The 1st time I bought from them it validated on 3M as being a true copy. The 2nd time I validated on 3M (same 8210 mask but the US packaging) it said it was a fake: https://safeguard.3m.com/Guest#/Validation So it seems 3mdelivery.com are also selling fakes.

Lazada and similar marketplaces have official stores for big brands.

There's a link to 3Mdelivery on the main 3M website so it appears to be the official Thai website. I doubt the validation is foolproof. I would contact 3M US or UK and ask about it.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Can people please report their experience with air purifiers available in Thailand?  Above there's a bit about XPX purifiers and also DIY units (HEPA filter taped to a fan).   Do they work well?  Any other suggestions?  Dyson, other brands?  I've got a 2 bedroom condo, about 100 sq meters.  Looking for the best solution to PM2.5.  What about putting HEPA filters in existing aircon (mine are Daikin, one unit in each room) is that feasible?

Can people please report their experience with air purifiers available in Thailand?  Above there's a bit about XPX purifiers and also DIY units (HEPA filter taped to a fan).   Do they work well?  Any other suggestions?  Dyson, other brands?  I've got a 2 bedroom condo, about 100 sq meters.  Looking for the best solution to PM2.5.  What about putting HEPA filters in existing aircon (mine are Daikin, one unit in each room) is that feasible?

HEPA filters on an aircon where the air intake is indoors can be a solution but you’d also need to add a carbon filter and you would run the risk of putting too much strain on the mechanism.

In my opinion (and I have a similar condo setup as yours) you can’t go wrong with purchasing a specific appliance.

Look around in this thread for specific models but I’ve rarely read a report of any air purifier defaulting badly , so any brand would do.

I have done 2 years with a couple of dyson purifiers (each one in a bedroom) and never had to worry much about indoor air quality (I changed the filters after 12 months). I get that you pay for the marketing but they’re not ugly looking, you get a live reading of your indoor air quality , they’re very silent and remotely controllable. We also purchased them on a 11.11 promo so that sealed the deal.

I ended buying a new unit (different brand though) for the lounge area mostly because I got fed up with moving the fans around in the apartment and needed something a bit more capable at handling the air volume of that room .