BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Russians found working illegally among dozens of arrests in call center raids in Pattaya

Russians found working illegally among dozens of arrests in call center raids in Pattaya

2pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo 

Many Russian nationals were arrested for working illegally as police, military and public health department officials descended on four call center locations in the Pattaya and Sattahip areas.

Their targets were not the usual call center types that have been in the news recently for blatant extortion.

These were operations that advertise beauty products and skin creams and sell health food supplements online. The authorities have claimed that the call centers are selling the goods using bogus advertising claims.

The raids came after requests from the head of the Chonburi police acting on direct orders from the national police chief Jakthip Chaijinda.

The first raid was on Mojo Call Center in the land department soi in Bang Lamung where 51 staff were working in a three storey building.

The second was at Top Trend Manufacturing Co Ltd where 700 cases of skin products were seized and where they arrested owner Chawanuch Yesipovich from Sakon Nakorn.

The third was at Call Center Asia and Power Life Asia in Na Jomtien, Sattahip where owner Yuphawadee Sophan was arrested on a warrant. Seventy workers including two Russian women were found. Seventy eight computers and a safe were taken into evidence.

Nearby in the Mountain Village 2 housing estate in an office set up to sell insurance to tourists police found a number of Russian nationals among 12 women.

None had work permits to show to the officers.

The activities of call centers have come under close scrutiny recently with a national campaign to rein in their activities.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-23

Good Work! Out with all the people that can´t follow the rules. Then all people that take care of their papers are going to look much better.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the call centers are selling the goods using bogus advertising claims

Now, that is an occupation strictly prohibited for foreigners. What were they thinking?

I'm surprised they haven't cracked down on call centers earlier . I see young Russians here every day, not typical tourists, and they are obviously here because they earn money. Send them home.

i wonder if this lot are in anyway connected to the ruskies who were selling the dick enlargement creams on line last year i think it was. seemed they were bringing in decent money. No more than 2 weeks later there were loads of different branded ones being sold online by thais. looked like they closed them down. looked at what they were doing and copied it

2 hours ago, balo said:

I'm surprised they haven't cracked down on call centers earlier . I see young Russians here every day, not typical tourists, and they are obviously here because they earn money. Send them home.

Spot on I totally agree with you 

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

They only come for working or do crime in this case send them home ban them from Thailand 

I guess they are now replacing all the Brits who came here some years back to operate call centres.

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

i wonder if this lot are in anyway connected to the ruskies who were selling the dick enlargement creams on line last year i think it was. seemed they were bringing in decent money. No more than 2 weeks later there were loads of different branded ones being sold online by thais. looked like they closed them down. looked at what they were doing and copied it

But the thing we all want to know is, did the cream work?