Thai Tourism and Sports Ministry launches new tourism info website

webfact

Tourism and Sports Ministry launches new tourism info website

tt.jpg

BANGKOK, 24 January 2018 (NNT) – The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has issued a new standard on tourism information of Thailand. 

The Tourism and Sport Minister, Pongpanu Svetarundra, said his ministry has been working with various sectors to launch a new website at www.thailandtourismdirectory.go.th and a mobile application to provide in-depth tourism information, such as attractions and accommodations. 

Mr. Pongpanu said the sources of information are from different government agencies. He said the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is coordinating with local businesses nationwide to obtain relevant information. 

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports' Digital Tourism Operations Center will manage and update digital information prior to publishing it on the website and mobile application, which contain more than 3,000 items and continue to add more information every day.

They are available in three languages, Thai, English and Chinese, with a Change Report System to allow users to help update and correct the tourism information.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-01-24

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Looks like a 12 years olds blog

I was just looking at it when I saw your comment.

Sadly, I think you're not far off the mark.

I looked at the hotels section.

This is the page I looked at:  https://www.thailandtourismdirectory.go.th/info/accommodation/detail/itemid/8235

What would be the point of listing "Highest price', 'Lowest price', 'Today's price'?

'High Season' and 'Low Season' would be better headings. One hotel has 'Elavators' mis-spelt. Listing WiFi it doesn't say if it's free or chargeable.

Yes, it's easy to pick holes in something. The point is when it's just being released and promoted as a new website,  then it should be perfect to start with.

Where it lists 'Number of rooms' and 'Number of Meeting Room' [sic] why does it need two lines for each heading? It doesn't flow, there's more than plenty of space to display each item on one line.

If they perhaps had a natural English-speaker to advise and proof-read it would help.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

new website

Wouldn't this new web site be an opportunity to list in the header categories some of Thailand's Laws and Regulations that relate to tourists such as:

• personal use- smoking bans on beaches and vaping, appropriate behavior and attire at temples, shrines and public venues, random drug testing, forms of gambling, littering, etc.
  • motorbike and auto rental & accident insurance
  • dual pricing
  • healthcare insurance
  • lèse majesté and defamation laws

Maybe just add under Laws & Regulations - good luck!

15 hours ago, upena said:

According to the "new" site, there are no temples or any accommodations at all in Khon Kaen.

Fearless leader is quoted by Thai media in saying he wants tourism centered in Bangkok.  That might give you a not so subtle hint as to why Khon Kaen was over looked.  I have always enjoyed Issan. 

14 hours ago, alant said:
  18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If they perhaps had a natural English-speaker to advise and proof-read it would help.

14 hours ago, alant said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Rather baffled as to the use of the icon laughing hysterically.

Was my suggestion that funny, or did you see it as pointless maybe?

On 1/25/2018 at 6:25 AM, bluesofa said:

Rather baffled as to the use of the icon laughing hysterically.

Was my suggestion that funny, or did you see it as pointless maybe?

It was at the thought that they would use a natural English speaker. You know it makes sense, I know it makes sense but there are so many Thais with English qualifications...

If You see what I am getting at, certainly not that you were talking nonsense.

Just now, alant said:

It was at the thought that they would use a natural English speaker. You know it makes sense, I know it makes sense but there are so many Thais with English qualifications...

If You see what I am getting at, certainly not that you were talking nonsense.

Thanks for explaining, no problem.

Yes, there so many Thais with English qualifications, but often with no common sense - I'm talking now specifically about website design.

As a web designer, the number of times I see:

Low contrast pages - e.g. blue text on a dark grey background.

All-singing all-dancing pages with wonderful animated graphics, but the website is missing its main purpose - to impart information.

(One fast-food chicken chain in the past had the same animated graphics. It didn't have however, a menu and price of what they were selling.)

Alleged multi-language websites that have the option: "เลือกภาษา" (select language) but only displayed in Thai, when the default language is Thai.

I could (and am) going on, but it's these sort of things that make it hard work to find information from a lot of Thai websites.

Archived