Jump to content

Israeli murder suspects apologize to Thailand for damaging the image of tourism


webfact

Recommended Posts

Israeli murder suspects apologize to Thailand for damaging the image of tourism

 

x1.jpg

Picture: Nation TV

 

Thai media reported yesterday that the two Israelis involved in the revenge killing of a man on Koh Samui in broad daylight on Sunday had apologized to the Thai people for damaging the image of tourism.

 

They also asked the Thais not to criticize Israelis for what happened.

 

Yesterday Dolev Zuarez, 23, and Eyal Bokal, 25 were taken to Chaweng Beach by the Samui International Hospital for a reenactment. They were wearing balaclavas and bullet proof vests and accompanied by a lawyer appointed by the Israeli embassy and an interpreter.

 

BECTero reported there was a ,large crown of spectators including foreign tourists to watch the spectacle.

 

Dolev pointed to the spot where he had used a knife to stab 34 year old Mallil to death. The victim's girlfriend Rashel Oshana, 31, was also grievously injured after Eyal drove a CRV at their motorcycle.

 

Eyal denies being involved in the stabbing and did not take part in the reconstruction of that part of the crime.

 

It was earlier reported that the suspects had traveled to Thailand after the victim had tried to run them down and fired at them. He was reportedly given a 20 month sentence.

 

Speaking before the reenactment the two suspects said that they were sorry to the Thai people in general and the citizens of Koh Samui in particular for doing a bad thing and damaging the image of tourism in the country. They also asked the Thais not to blame Israelis in general.

 

The pair were arrested in Bangkok at an airport following the crime. 

 

Source: Morning News

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-25

 

9c7ffa01e177055e2317def7bbcde9ab-sld.jpe

File photo : Dolev Zuarez, 24, and Eyal Bokal, 26

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god. I was getting annoyed with people offering their condolences to the slayed victim. Really wanted to grab some members on here by their shirts and ask, "What about the image of Thai tourism!" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, webfact said:

the two Israelis involved in the revenge killing of a man on Koh Samui in broad daylight on Sunday had apologized to the Thai people for damaging the image of tourism.

not a chance in hell they thought this up by themselves (or cared in the slightest) ; more fragile thai ego at play here

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although that is primarily the image that people who live in Thailand have of Thailand   .

Every Country has negative aspects and most people take a balanced view of the bigger picture, rather than just focusing on the negatives

Yes, and 'most people' (foreigners) would look at this apology and say, "yea, you've got your priorities grossly wrong here".

 

And they'd be well in their right to think and say so. You know - as the apology is aimed at them in order to persuade them that Thailand is a great holiday destination. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, and 'most people' (foreigners) would look at this apology and say, "yea, you've got your priorities grossly wrong here".

 

And they'd be well in their right to think and say so. You know - as the apology is aimed at them in order to persuade them that Thailand is a great holiday destination. 

Their apology was probably suggested to them by their Lawyer with the hope of getting a lenient sentance

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Their apology was probably suggested to them by their Lawyer with the hope of getting a lenient sentance

And the authorities 'probably' suggested it to the lawyers. Whatever the dynamic was it still doesn't make it a good idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

And the authorities 'probably' suggested it to the lawyers. Whatever the dynamic was it still doesn't make it a good idea. 

The authorities are probably are not concerned about  long a sentence that the Israelis get .

Their Lawyers will be aware of the best way to proceed for their clients

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The authorities are probably are not concerned about  long a sentence that the Israelis get .

Their Lawyers will be aware of the best way to proceed for their clients

Great. Thanks.

 

That doesn't change the fact that this 'public apology' wasn't a good idea. It's a bad idea that deserves to be called out for what it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Great. Thanks.

 

That doesn't change the fact that this 'public apology' wasn't a good idea. It's a bad idea that deserves to be called out for what it is. 

It could be a good idea for the killers .

They could be facing the death penalty sentence .

If they are perceived to be two hardcore violent killers who came to Thailand to kill.

Issuing a public apology will show a different side to them .

I dont think that they should have issued a public statement that mentioned slavery, the junta , the RTP or prostitution , although they are issues that effect Thailand , I dont think that two Israelis on murder charges should mention those issues in their public statement 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Thank you Thailand and sod your tourist image as except for the Chinese and Russians the image is well and truly damage by you, what about those who died family's

To whom are you talking too and about whom ?

You post is rather vague

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It could be a good idea for the killers .

They could be facing the death penalty sentence .

If they are perceived to be two hardcore violent killers who came to Thailand to kill.

Issuing a public apology will show a different side to them .

I dont think that they should have issued a public statement that mentioned slavery, the junta , the RTP or prostitution , although they are issues that effect Thailand , I dont think that two Israelis on murder charges should mention those issues in their public statement 

 

If a judge reduces their sentences for apologising, I'd suggest that judge have their license revoked.

 

It's kind of hard to believe remorse for an assassination. And the apology is for damaging Thailand's image, so you're completely going off track. 

 

You do understand the article and what people are getting at, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...