Mum fears for safety of 7/11 daughter after she is dragged and abducted from store by a volunteer cop

webfact

Mum fears for safety of 7/11 daughter after she is dragged and abducted from store by a volunteer cop

5pm.jpg

Picture Thai Rath

A distraught mother has gone to the Lopburi cops with CCTV evidence that showed her 32 year old daughter being dragged from her place of work - a 7/11 store.

The mother told Thai Rath that her daughter Sirithada Chartyanon, 32, had been abducted by a volunteer policeman who she had got mixed up with.

Nittaya Seesang, 53, said that her daughter had asked her recently to take her to work and meet her because she was being harassed by a man. Now she fears she may come to harm.

Police in Lopburi originally were slow to act after the incident on Wednesday. But when shown the CCTV this prompted them to do something.

Now the cops have confirmed with Thai Rath that they believe the man responsible is called "Mong" and is the boyfriend of the abducted woman.

He was confirmed as a police volunteer.

Investigations continue.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-26

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police in Lopburi originally were slow to act after the incident on Wednesday. But when shown the CCTV this prompted them to do something.

Thai police are notoriously slow to act when one of their own might be implicated.

They were prompted into action not by the video but by the fact the video is now in the public domain.

Mong clearly suffers from that ailment endemic in Thai men called 'little willie syndrome.'

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Looks to be a bystander in the video or did he have help ?  What sort of protection does 7-11 offer their employees?  No statement from them.   Would expect more from such a well run organization.  The police's lack of performance is nothing new. 

Remember who the majority of 7/11 owners are worldwide and what their take on women is at the best of times.

Had they (mother and victim) had any confidence in the BIB, they probably would have reported the harassment to them earlier and they (the BIB) would have swung their a*ses into action - confronting the would be kidnapper with a few questions and a warning. Now, unfortunately, this lady has lived the last few days in fear AND been abducted - and G*d only knows what else since then. 

How much pain, agony, sleepless nights and tears could be saved if the people had somebody competent to turn to BEFORE things got out of control? 

It makes my blood boil to read stories like this - we've all be rejected/dumped at some point in life, but how many resort to abduction? Terror? Abuse? 

Hope the young lady is found safe soon... 

10 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"The mother told Thai Rath that her daughter Sirithada Chartyanon, 32, had been abducted..."

It was only a Thai girl. No need to investigate since it won't affect tourism at all. 

Plus, he is a cop, volunteer or not, so it's got to be all right. No way, Thailand's finest could be in the wrong... :smile:

This doesn't look good at all. From the vid, the dirtbag rushes into the store and reappears just a few seconds later, rapidly dragging the woman with him in such a way that it all appears to be a premeditated snatch (as opposed to an argument in the store, and then him "snapping"). 

Personally i dont believe in volunteer cops What powers are they given? Do they have authority to arrest you Issue fines etc? What are there borders in performing there duties here? Old mong has overstepped his mark God i hope they dont issue him with a gun like all cops have here? Then again if you look at the RTP you swear most of them are volunteers by the way they perform there duties.

3 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Personally i dont believe in volunteer cops What powers are they given? Do they have authority to arrest you Issue fines etc? What are there borders in performing there duties here? Old mong has overstepped his mark God i hope they dont issue him with a gun like all cops have here? Then again if you look at the RTP you swear most of them are volunteers by the way they perform there duties.

they have 'special' constabularly in the UK who are basically volunteers and have same powers as regular police as far as i know

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

they have 'special' constabularly in the UK who are basically volunteers and have same powers as regular police as far as i know

That is scary Be like ordering an electrician to fix some wires and a plumber turns up When you say i need an electrician not a plumber he might say but  sir " I am an also a volunteer electrician"  Would you still let him fix your electrical problem I would not. Police as far as i know must know the law they are enforcing and what actions they should take. So basically they should be trained i would think 

7/Eleven employees have no protection at all. These stores are often getting robbed, staff threatened with knives or guns, staff beaten, stabbed and even shot, most we don`t get to hear about. In-fact considering young people are working in those stores for 24 hours I would say being a 7/Eleven employee is a very dangerous occupation.

That video clip is scary, who knows what fate has befallen that girl. Time is now of the essence to find this women, that is if she`s not been murdered already. Hope and praying this will end well.

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

That is scary Be like ordering an electrician to fix some wires and a plumber turns up When you say i need an electrician not a plumber he might say but  sir " I am an also a volunteer electrician"  Would you still let him fix your electrical problem I would not. Police as far as i know must know the law they are enforcing and what actions they should take. So basically they should be trained i would think 

Think again.

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

the sort that does 'whistle-and-semaphore' outside a school or temple fair wearing buckshee fatigues & accoutrements.

You couldn't make this xxxx up even if you tried really really hard.

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

7/Eleven employees have no protection at all. These stores are often getting robbed, staff threatened with knives or guns, staff beaten, stabbed and even shot, most we don`t get to hear about.

How do you know if most we don't get to hear about it?

Archived