Congratulations!

Sunbelt Asia

<A fajita burrito is, no beans in the burrito but you get sautéed peppers and grilled onions. As for the spelling, that’s how you spell “sautéed”.>

Sure Greg -- that is how you spell sautéed -- but how many people actually spell it that way. Plus

Brand X -- Just like a burrito but with sautéed peppers and onions instead of beans.

Sunrise -- Same as burrito except you get sautéed bell peppers and grilled onions instead of beans.

Look where it occurs in the sentence. It looks too much like a cut-and-paste...

<I’m sure somehow we can still rephrase the wording of this sentence. Thanks again for spotting a possible problem.>

At any rate, I'm glad that you took it in the intended spirit. Jazz

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have just been there and had 2 hardshell ground beef taco's. The ground beef was well seasoned and tasty in itself, and all ingredients were fresh. Nice Salsa. And a good crunchy tacoshell.

While I was eating I spoke with a guy who was eating there for 7 days in a row already! He said he really missed the Mexican food from his hometown near the Mexican border and said this food was almost similar.

Being Dutch I cannot relate to the taste of Mexican or Tex-Mex (there is a difference!) as it is supposed to taste according to people grown up there ....... but ........ I feel the food was pretty good.

And when you take into account the price, a meazly 39 baht for a taco, I feel it is excellent value for your money.

I do not understand the complaints in this thread really. At these kind of prices the establishment is allowed to ###### up once or twice imho. But as far as I can see they don't. Offcourse the staff needs to be trained. But that will take time, this is Thailand after all, the staff cannot help it because they have been screwed by an education system that hasn't really educated them. So for them it is new as well.

In short the food was good, the value for money (price food quality comparison) was excellent, the staff needs training.

Good luck to Greg and his wife at their xxth (forgot the number) venture! And thx for providing me with one more choice at 02.00 am to go to eat western food after performing.

Waerth

Hi. I just dropped by last night after work for some tacos. A friend in the office had been raving about the "new 24hr taco joint" for the last week.

I had a basket of tacos and some chips & salsa. Great food at a great price. I'll definitely be dropping in from Thonglor for tacos at all hours of the day and night.

Quick Question: Do you deliver during lunch hours? I'm working in the Sathorn area around Empire Tower and would interested in having some tacos for lunch. There's probably a few others here too that would be interested. The minimum order would probably be at least 2-3 baskets of tacos, 2-3 chips and salsa and drinks.

I tried checking the website but am having trouble accessing from my office. Thanks for opening Sunrise! Ton

I do not understand the complaints in this thread really.

Complaints?! You must must be getting mixed up with a different thread. There have been a few constructive comments and criticisms, but no-one's complaining at all really...

I had a basket of tacos and some chips & salsa. Great food at a great price. I'll definitely be dropping in from Thonglor for tacos at all hours of the day and night.
Ton, be sure to say " Hi' if you see me. Great to hear you like the food and value.
Quick Question: Do you deliver during lunch hours? I'm working in the Sathorn area around Empire Tower and would interested in having some tacos for lunch. There's probably a few others here too that would be interested. The minimum order would probably be at least 2-3 baskets of tacos, 2-3 chips and salsa and drinks.

We are hoping to have delivery in that area in the next couple days.

I tried checking the website but am having trouble accessing from my office. Thanks for opening Sunrise! Ton
Sorry the website was down because of the flash. It's now working.
Waerth,

In short the food was good, the value for money (price food quality comparison) was excellent, the staff needs training.

Wearth, Thanks for sharing. I agree about more training and we are doing that.

Good luck to Greg and his wife at their xxth (forgot the number) venture! And thx for providing me with one more choice at 02.00 am to go to eat western food after performing.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing you.

www.sunrisetacos.com

I do not understand the complaints in this thread really.

Complaints?! You must must be getting mixed up with a different thread. There have been a few constructive comments and criticisms, but no-one's complaining at all really...

Yes you are right I posted in the wrong thread :D silly me :o

Waerth

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. I just dropped by last night after work for some tacos. A friend in the office had been raving about the "new 24hr taco joint" for the last week.

Ton,

Did you order from us today? We had an order similar to what you were talking about from a company in Sathorn. If it was, thank you.

If it wasn't you. We now have delivery in Sathorn 02-229-4851 and we look forward to giving your office a Mexican kick for lunch.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Any chance of expanding the menu? Enchiladas, mole sauce, sopas, chile rellenos?
Thanks for stopping by. This will be happening as the staff are perfect in making what we have now.

We now started to offer nachos and nacho supreme.

Will be doing refried beans in the next week.

The place was packed so hopefully it be around a long time.

From your computer to God's ears. We've been doing very good with lots of word of mouth. Tomorrow should be very busy as well, as the Bangkok Post Guru has an article on us coming out on Friday. Have not seen it but I expect it will be positive as he reporter has ordered burritos and tacos from us since he wrote the article.

www.sunrisetacos.com

I finally got to try Sunrise Tacos and was impressed.

I have to be honest. NO, it won't give you a flashback to where you think that you are eating a genuine Mission Street super-burrito - if that is what you are looking for - but it tastes really good and is the closest thing to it in these parts other than Miguels in Chiang Mai. For all that I know, it might taste exactly like a burrito in Texas or Arizona or Iowa though.

Those ice cold beers for 50 baht really hit the spot, and Greg is a great host! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I finally got to try Sunrise Tacos and was impressed.

I have to be honest. NO, it won't give you a flashback to where you think that you are eating a genuine Mission Street super-burrito - if that is what you are looking for - but it tastes really good and is the closest thing to it in these parts other than Miguels in Chiang Mai. For all that I know, it might taste exactly like a burrito in Texas or Arizona or Iowa though.

Those ice cold beers for 50 baht really hit the spot, and Greg is a great host! :o

Ulysses G.,

Great meeting you and thank you for your comments.

Congrats on the Guru article. I am saddened to see that the guy took the worst picture with his digital camera too......

I am sure you will get lots of business for the next week or so.

The Guru article in the Bangkok Post has indeed brought in lots of people that did not know Sunrise Tacos was open before. It also has brought in Thais to see what is a Mexican restaurant.

We had one large group of 30 Hi So Thai College students that came in at 3:00 in the morning from the article and they said “It was the highlight of the evening”. Also a number of companies with Thai office workers have been stopping by Sunrise Tacos. It seems we have made a good impression in spite of being short of staff.

Wish we had a bigger space at our restauirant but everybody has been understanding and cool about it.

Apologize if someone called for delivery this weekend as we were just to busy to do it. Had to say no to 20 or so different people wanting delivery on Sunday. Tough to do but we wanted to give the best service to the people in front of us.

All and all, most people are happy and will be back. We now have some customers that eat two, three or even four times a day at Sunrise Tacos!

www.sunrisetacos.com

Well I tried it too last week and really enjoyed it.

i had 2 lots of 3 taco's in the afternoon and then a friend and I went back at 3 in the morning and got 10 between us.

11 in one day was a bit too much but they were very nice indeed :o

I have reccomended this place to pals and an American Doc from chicago says he will try on his next visit up there from Singapore.

We now have some customers that eat two, three or even four times a day at Sunrise Tacos!

Really?! That's impressive! Still, no matter how good a restaurant was I could never eat there 4 times a day...!

I'd eat at your place at least 2 or 3 times a week if I either lived or worked in the area, now I have to content myself with the once every 2 weeks or so that I happen to be passing by. But Sunrise is always top of my list if I'm hungry when I'm anywhere near Asoke.

Keep up the good work!

Well I tried it too last week and really enjoyed it.

i had 2 lots of 3 taco's in the afternoon and then a friend and I went back at 3 in the morning and got 10 between us.

11 in one day was a bit too much but they were very nice indeed :o

I have reccomended this place to pals and an American Doc from chicago says he will try on his next visit up there from Singapore.

Thank you Prakanong. Nice to have met you.

Interesting about Singapore. A couple of guys have come in from Singapore saying the expats in Singapore are talking about Sunrise Tacos. Nice to hear. One guy said they have a Taco Bell there but that’s about it.

Really?! That's impressive! Still, no matter how good a restaurant was I could never eat there 4 times a day...!
Yep. It happens when they have missed Mexican food so much. They inhale it! It can be addicting.
Keep up the good work!

Thank you. If you see me, please say "Hi"

www.sunrisetacos.com

Do you have them now? If so, can I get a burrito with just refried beans,cheese, and meat?

Thanks Bob

Not yet. I have a killer reciepe thst rocks. We'll have refried beans by this Friday and it will be an option for burrito lovers instead of red or black beans.

www.sunrisetacos.com

OK, heres the 64 baht question.

For a first time customer hoping, what is the absolutely best order at Sunrise?

Tacos or burritos? What meat? If tacos, soft or hard shell?

If you are Thai, I would say chicken with the crispy tacos.

If you are foreigner, its all good.

Just depends on your own taste. That is the whole concept is designing it on what you like. One mans tongue is different than the next.

I myself love the barbacoa with mango. The soft flour or crispy tacos with barbacoa and mango are divine. Not too many people go with that combination however.

So many ways to make it different than the next guy. l

www.sunrisetacos.com

Do you have them now? If so, can I get a burrito with just refried beans,cheese, and meat?

Thanks Bob

Not yet. I have a killer reciepe thst rocks. We'll have refried beans by this Friday and it will be an option for burrito lovers instead of red or black beans.

www.sunrisetacos.com

Good move there, I think my major problem with your burrito was the lack of refried beans.

Your refritos: lard or no lard? I hope no lard.

Lard would be more Mexican style but you can't easily find California style burritos in Mexican anyway. No lard is more California style. Refritos can taste quite nice made without lard.

Edited by Jingthing

Your refritos: lard or no lard? I hope no lard.

Lard would be more Mexican style but you can't easily find California style burritos in Mexican anyway. No lard is more California style. Refritos can taste quite nice made without lard.

Nope no lard and no need to use it.

www.sunrisetacos.com