Best online site for prescription glasses

retoohs

I tried zenni once, and eyebuydirect a number of times. I used to need reading glasses (+2.00) which are available in drug stores in the US without a prescription - but sit on stands and get handled by lots of people and it's almost impossible to find a pair that doesn't come pre-scratched. The drugstore lenses are the cheapest plastic.

I tried buying them from eyebuydirect with mixed results. I picked the cheapest frames and took the free lenses. Had some trouble with lenses falling out and nose pads breaking off the frames. Being reading glasses those were getting rough handling - spending lots of time not on my nose but on the table or hooked in my shirt collar. I'd buy several pairs at once so I could have one at work, one at home, one in the car, so I only wanted to pay US$10-20 per pair.

I had better luck when I bought real prescription glasses (not for reading) and paid up for better frames (around US$30-40). Current pair of prescription glasses and prescription sun glasses from eyebuydirect are going on a year and a half old with no problems. If you're paying a lot for the lenses it doesn't make sense to go cheap on the frames.

I have no idea how they do on shipping to thailand, I had mine shipped to the US.

I think the one time I tried zenni I was unhappy with how long they took to deliver (2 months). There was something that caused me to go back to eyebuydirect, it might have just been availability of frame styles I liked, or an easier to use search function. I'd try zenni one more time. I looked at zenni the last time but ended up buying at eyebuydirect.

I've used Zenni several times and have recommended it many times on this forum with no negative feedback.

The Zenni factory is in China and they ship direct to Thailand, usually 10 to 14 days delivered in Bangkok from completion of order.  I have found their CS to be very responsive and helpful.

I found even their cheapest $6.95 glasses to be very usable, frame quality about on a par with department store sunglasses.

I use progressive lenses for day to day wear and have a very powerful prescription.  My frames and lenses from Zenni cost me $130 and are spot-on.  When I shopped Bangkok optical shops, the lowest price for similar quality was B30,000+.  In the USA, I couldn't find them for much less than $500.

If you have doubts, I suggest you order one of the cheap pairs that Zenni offers, $6.95+ and see for yourself.

Edited by dddave