Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

Who has the best.I've tried Mikes Burgers on many occasians and find them quite good.I'm not fussed about the buns,but they are not too bad at all.

Chiang Mai Saloon burgers were great,but they were not the best the last time I was there.I will go back for a second try.

Pirates Cove has a great burger.buys the buns from Kassams and has a great big pattie..

Irish pub also have a good burger,although the last time I had one was over a year ago.

What makes a good burger?

To me it's a combination of everything.fresh salad,fresh bun,a decent piece of meet and not too 'wet'.I just hate it when you bite into them and the burger goes everywhere. :o

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has the best.I've tried Mikes Burgers on many occasians and find them quite good.
In-N-Out Burger..........eerrr wait, wrong country......wrong continent ! I would have to cast my vote to Mikes right now, although there are quite a few places I have yet to try. When I go somewhere like Dukes ( although it might be great ) I can't bring myself to order a burger ! :o

IMHO it is simplicity , charbroiling and fresh ingredients.

Who has the best.I've tried Mikes Burgers on many occasians and find them quite good.
In-N-Out Burger..........eerrr wait, wrong country......wrong continent ! I would have to cast my vote to Mikes right now, although there are quite a few places I have yet to try. When I go somewhere like Dukes ( although it might be great ) I can't bring myself to order a burger ! :o
IMHO it is simplicity , charbroiling and fresh ingredients.

now im no expert , and this is just my own opinion ,but i had a really nice hawaiin burger in that open air restaurant in front of the top north hotel , next to true blue . it tasted great and was a good size i was thouroughly enjoying my meal until my idiot infant son puked up everywhere although i dont think this was a reflection on the food

The owner HAS to be American.

However, fish and chips takes a Brit, Aussie or Kiwi to do it right! :o

I've had burgers in many countries georgie and the best by far was a small shop in Parnell Auckland called "Al and Petes". Their steak egg and cheese burger was second to none.

I've got to disagree that a burger should be dry. Just short of what Americans call 'well done' or nearly what they call medium rare. Juicy. No onions, no mustard, no chili sauce. Yum. Charbroiled over a flame, like Burger King, not like McDonald's.

We should be grateful that Chiang Mai has so many good hamburger and pizza places.

So far, the Mike's burgers are fine. The teriyaki burger dinner at Sirloin is great, too.

Only had Mike's burgers in Chiang Mai, so that gets my vote!

Is there a traditional fish & chip shop in CM? Best Fish & Chips I've had I think was in a village called Sumner, just outside Christchurch NZ. The Kiwis have those Kumara chips too, really good.

One of those TV piss-up things could be in order

OK I have to ask...... What the hel_l is a "TV piss-up" Being American it's not a term I'm too familiar with, and I have seen it used on several different forum post. :D

Ahhh ignorance is bliss ! :o

A get togeather at a public establishment with a fair few libations going south....

I've had burgers in many countries georgie and the best by far was a small shop in Parnell Auckland called "Al and Petes". Their steak egg and cheese burger was second to none.

The best burgers I've had were in Australia - Crow's Nest, Sydney. Beet root on burgers really works. :D As for Chiang Mai, Mike's gets my vote so far, but I've yet to try lots of other places who do them...

One of those TV piss-up things could be in order

OK I have to ask...... What the hel_l is a "TV piss-up" Being American it's not a term I'm too familiar with, and I have seen it used on several different forum post. :D

Ahhh ignorance is bliss ! :D

its short for transvestite basically you just go out and get drunk as you can wearing womens clothes

hey cmon it gets boring here sometimes everybody needs a hobby :D:o

Burger .. recalling from my younger day , when i frist vomit after eating a mac cheese burger .. cos in my youth .. i stay off beef .. cos was told i can't eat beef due to certain belief . anyway .. since then .. i been eating burger very much from MAC .

there made pity sucky burger compare to some of the more decent one around

since burger is made to be cheap and tasty .. alot is had by mexican , chinese , vietnam - cheap worker . whahhaa

so is not so amercian after all . even the local joint who sell burger the boss seldom get a hands on .

Some of the best burger i eat was in japan when i stay there ,

ok chiangmai .

i try some mike burger . but don't fancy it so much if i were to rate it i give it a 6 or 7 another burger .

i tried the chiangmai saloon burger before also .. i rate it slight lower then about 5.5 - 6.

can't find really rating 8 or 9 burger in chiangmai .

-

ok on my trip to penang . there is this burger name "REMY " that taste great .

what there do is there cook the beef filler . and then speard and egg .. wrap the beef inside with cheese , and mayo .

top with fresh vege , and onion . - i went for the special and is a double . .

i seldom eat burger , but that day i eat 2 . all for just 14 rm for 2 burger

The best burgers I've had were in Australia - Crow's Nest, Sydney. Beet root on burgers really works. :D As for Chiang Mai, Mike's gets my vote so far, but I've yet to try lots of other places who do them...

most of the small fish & chip/burger bars in NZ do beetroot as well.Infact,mcdonalds even came out with one called the "Kiwi Burger" :D

However, fish and chips takes a Brit, Aussie or Kiwi to do it right! :D

Forget the Americans -Kiwis do it better!!!

not sure about Mikes-its ok but I dont like all that cheese.

ah yes Al n Petes, actually in NZ we are spoilt for choice for burgers. We also have a chain called Burger Wisconsin which does gourmet burgers Burger Wisconsin just devine and another chain called Burger Fuel which are great also.Burger Fuel making my mouth water

But my best memory of a great traditional kiwi burger would be from The White Lady- an extended white trailer which used to be towed to the bottom of Queen St Auckland on friday and saturday nights, a brilliant way to end the night after a hard night on the town!! :o

most of the small fish & chip/burger bars in NZ do beetroot as well.Infact,mcdonalds even came out with one called the "Kiwi Burger" :D

almost made our kiwis extinct!! :D

what a way to drag down one of our best cusines- the lettuce all sliced up and using cheese slices, give me a real burger any day over MacDs :o

Personally, ...its the Duke...have had Burgers there twice now and really enjoyed them both times.

I am not overly impressed with Milke's Burgers Howvever Citylife voted the CM saloon's Burgers the best in town..about a year ago....as I dont think I have ever had a Burger there I cannot comment

TP

almost made our kiwis extinct!! :D

what a way to drag down one of our best cusines- the lettuce all sliced up and using cheese slices, give me a real burger any day over MacDs :o

McDs burgers are the best by a long shot imo,sorry for being boring!

AND then there was "Hamburger Heaven" on Ponsonby Road :o

Beet-root and egg on a hamburger?

See what I mean? :o

:D

Exactly....next thing you know, they'll be wanting to put somtam in hamburgers, or fish guts, or ground glass....

Crisp bacon is good on burgers, but Thais don't cook bacon crisp. Even at Mike's.

I guess the only time I went to Chiang Mai saloon, I had a burger. It wasn't memorable. Some of the ground (minced) beef in Thailand seems to resemble dried meatloaf.

The owner HAS to be American. :bah:

Only an American would agree with that! :o

From my experience, the best burgers are:

Burger King. Consistently good every time, plus they have milkshakes :D

The Saloon. Good most of the time :D

Dukes. They need a new bun, but hamburger is always good. :D

Irish pub. Excellent buns, average hamburger :bah:

Mikes. I have never liked their hamburger. Too soft... :D

almost made our kiwis extinct!! :bah:

Actually, many Americans don't think of what MacDonald's or Burger King or other fast food outlets serve as "hamburgers", they serve Whoppers or Big Macs or something simular to a hamburger, but with their own corporate twist; You make the real thing at home usually and you don't put mayonaise or thousand island dressing or sliced up lettuce on it. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

most of the small fish & chip/burger bars in NZ do beetroot as well.Infact,mcdonalds even came out with one called the "Kiwi Burger" :bah:

almost made our kiwis extinct!! :bah:

Actually, many Americans don't think of what MacDonald's or Burger King or other fast food outlets serve as "hamburgers", they serve Whoppers or Big Macs or something simular to a hamburger, but with their own corporate twist; You make the real thing at home usually and you don't put mayonaise or thousand island dressing or sliced up lettuce on it. :D

Sorry UG, but I don't agree with your assessment of what most Americans think, cuz I like Burger King's Hamburgers, and at home, I always use mayonaise and lettuce on my hamburger. :D

Donnyboy posted this link to a chain in NZ....http://www.wisconsin.co.nz/about-us.html

T

here's more than a few places that would like to claim the title of "Home of the Hamburger", but no one makes a better case than the town of Seymour in the state of Wisconsin.

In 1885 a kid of 15 called Charlie Nagreen was selling meatballs at the Outagamie County Fair. They were popular enough with the locals but they weren't that portable, so Charlie hit on the idea of squashing them, putting onion on top and slapping them between two slices of bread. He named his creation after the Hamburg ground beef favoured by German immigrants in his hometown of Hortonville.

For the next 65 years Charlie sold his hamburgers at fairs all over Wisconsin while his creation went on to conquer the world.

Likewise, there are plenty of places that would like to claim the title of "Home of the world's best burgers". Charlie may have had a century's head start, but here at Burger Wisconsin we think we've cracked the perfect combination of fresh ingredients and handmade sauces and patties cooked to perfection. While our name is a tribute to Charlie's first stroke of genius, we hope we've made enough innovations of our own to give him a run for his money.

Interesting,dunno if true or not.