Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

What makes a good burger?

The owner HAS to be American.

However, fish and chips takes a Brit, Aussie or Kiwi to do it right! :D

I've had burgers in many countries georgie and the best by far was a small shop in Parnell Auckland called "Al and Petes". Their steak egg and cheese burger was second to none.

The best burgers I've had were in Australia - Crow's Nest, Sydney. Beet root on burgers really works. :D As for Chiang Mai, Mike's gets my vote so far, but I've yet to try lots of other places who do them...

most of the small fish & chip/burger bars in NZ do beetroot as well.Infact,mcdonalds even came out with one called the "Kiwi Burger" :D

almost made our kiwis extinct!! :bah:

what a way to drag down one of our best cusines- the lettuce all sliced up and using cheese slices, give me a real burger any day over MacDs :o

Actually, many Americans don't think of what MacDonald's or Burger King or other fast food outlets serve as "hamburgers", they serve Whoppers or Big Macs or something simular to a hamburger, but with their own corporate twist; You make the real thing at home usually and you don't put mayonaise or thousand island dressing or sliced up lettuce on it. :D

Shredded lettuce?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiangmai Saloon. Seven different burgers to choose from, all of them charcoal-grilled.

Tried Duke's once, the burger didn't come as described (avocado on menu, no avocado and when I asked the server said they were out of avo, which would've been fine if they'd told me when I ordered, could've chosen something else), buns were limp. Service quite slow, and I was the only customer in the restaurant, mid-afternoon. Too many negative factors for a second go ...

I mentioned in another thread that I thought the Queen Vic's burgers were good - but what do I know? I'm only a haggis-munching Scotsman!

Where has the best haggis in Chiang Mai?

Forgot about them.Yes they do have a good burger.Had one about a year ago.

I mentioned in another thread that I thought the Queen Vic's burgers were good - but what do I know? I'm only a haggis-munching Scotsman!

Where has the best haggis in Chiang Mai?

Forgot about them.Yes they do have a good burger.Had one about a year ago.

Haven't tried QV yet, must get round to it.

However, fish and chips takes a Brit, Aussie or Kiwi to do it right! :o

If you want good fish and chips in Chiang Mai there is an Aussie guy who has a shop in the Loi Kroh Boxing Beer Bar Centre up from the Saloon. Its called Dannys. The fish and Chips is excellent but they open late around 6pm or something.

What time do they close?

I'm on my birthday night out tonight and I wouldn't mind a change from a Mikes greaseburger when I get the drunken munchies!

I think they close around 1.30am or when the bars in the centre have no customers

If you want good fish and chips in Chiang Mai there is an Aussie guy who has a shop in the Loi Kroh Boxing Beer Bar Centre up from the Saloon. Its called Dannys. The fish and Chips is excellent but they open late around 6pm or something.

I always get my burgers from Dannys in Loy Kroh. Best Ive had in Chiang Mai and they deliver to your table. Good price too.

I always get my burgers from Dannys in Loy Kroh. Best Ive had in Chiang Mai and they deliver to your table. Good price too.

Yeah Dannys burgers a very good. He does a cracking pizza for 85baht. Havent got through the menu yet but its all been excellent.

I know Dannys too. Its only a small takeaway place but the Fish and Chips is excellent. They are now doing small pizzas as well. The burgers are okay but the patties are a bit small, but still okay value considering its Ozzie Beef.

Chiangmai Saloon. Seven different burgers to choose from, all of them charcoal-grilled.

Thanks for the link, sabaijai. It's the only menu I've seen where everything sounds delicious! :o

I know Dannys too. Its only a small takeaway place but the Fish and Chips is excellent. They are now doing small pizzas as well. The burgers are okay but the patties are a bit small, but still okay value considering its Ozzie Beef

Believe the place is for sale. Saw an ad on citylife.

Edited by Ajarn

Don't forget the Greeks if you live in Oz.

I haven't a really great burger in Cnx but most are adequate. You are right about Mike's their buns let them down. I won't go back there for a while. In his defence it is a hard to get a good burger bun in Cnx especially to get one that is big enough to fit a decent sized burger.

Don't forget McDonalds to remind you look somewhere else.

Edited by newcomer01

I haven't a really great burger in Cnx but most are adequate. You are right about Mike's their buns let them down. I won't go back there for a while. In his defence it is a hard to get a good burger bun in Cnx especially to get one that is big enough to fit a decent sized burger.

Try the Irish pub. They have always made their own breads and as I recall, their hamburger was large and delicious. Actually, the bun was delicious, but the hamburger was usually disappointing

Try the Irish pub. They have always made their own breads and as I recall, their hamburger was large and delicious. Actually, the bun was delicious, but the hamburger was usually disappointing

If I had your kind of money Ajarn, I would take off the delicious bun from an Irish pub burger and put in a Duke's hamburger patty for myself and then drop off the other crap burger to some poor, starving used book dealer and go eat the good one ! :D

However, fish and chips takes a Brit, Aussie or Kiwi to do it right! :D

If I had your kind of money Ajarn, I would take off the delicious bun from an Irish pub burger and put in a Duke's hamburger patty for myself and then drop off the other crap burger to some poor, starving used book dealer and go eat the good one ! :D

My kind of money?? :o

Anyway, good idea :D

Anyone with such a nice, private swimming pool, has to be rolling in dough! :D

any chance of a TV pool party there?? :D

we can have a few hamburgers as well!!

Yeah, it's nice, but there is no room to roam around I'm afraid... Because of my physical problems (can't really walk well), and because I live alone, everything here is designed for me, so there isn't but 50 cm of walk space between the pool and plants.. Sorry about that...

frontyard.jpg

Ajarn is a great cook; Might be able to do better than hamburgers. He used to bring in stuff to Chiang Mai University and everyone raved about it.

He has his own website mostly devoted to recipies as well

Thanks UG, the recipes were mine, but my wife did the cooking.. :o

Edited by Ajarn

Hmmmmmmm. I think I take issue with this. However I will refrain from making any further comments as the last time I did so I was almost drummed out of town............ (My criticisms of that time still stand though...)

drop off the other crap burger to some poor, starving used book dealer ! :o

Is there such a person??

Hmmmmmmm. I think I take issue with this. However I will refrain from making any further comments as the last time I did so I was almost drummed out of town............ (My criticisms of that time still stand though...)

drop off the other crap burger to some poor, starving used book dealer ! :o

Is there such a person??

Nope. :D

Come on p1p,let us know what you think makes the best burger.You are probably the best qualified to answer.

drop off the other crap burger to some poor, starving used book dealer ! :D

Is there such a person??

Nope. :D

Come on p1p,let us know what you think makes the best burger.You are probably the best qualified to answer.

OK, I admit it. Way back when, Easy Cafe had some of Chiang Mai's best burgers ever, and it was run by an Englishman ( I'm pretty sure that there was an American soldier in the wood-pile though). :o

Edited by p1p