Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

LOVE those shakes. FOUR scoops of REAL icecream in one 60 baht shake - I counted.

Also, hotdog chili with NO BEANS. Much better IMHO. :D

Yep. As they saying goes, 'anyone who knows beans about chili knows real chili has no beans. :o

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE those shakes. FOUR scoops of REAL icecream in one 60 baht shake - I counted.

Yep. As they saying goes, 'anyone who knows beans about chili knows real chili has no beans. :o

Why should chilli have no beans?--------------just interested.

Burgers in Chiang Mai thread people.Not beans,not chilli. :o

Anyway,I tried the THB250 Burger at the Saloon.Burger made with two patties of Aussie beef.Very nice burger,but not worth the price IMO.

I love Burger King Whoppers in the US, but they use tasteless, inferior beef here.

At least McDonalds covers up their crap beef with "secret sauce". :o

Anything you compare (I mean you) would be inferior to the States, wouldn't it.

Bush-voters!!

The French hamburgers are the best in the world. Less fat, less sauce and in fact very healthy!

I love Burger King Whoppers in the US, but they use tasteless, inferior beef here.

At least McDonalds covers up their crap beef with "secret sauce". :D

Wrong.

Chinese food is better in Singapore.

Chocolate is better in Belgium.

Sushi is better in Japan.

Vodca is better in Russia.

However, it is pretty well known that for its price, US Beef is some of the best in the world. :o

At least McDonalds covers up their crap beef with "secret sauce". :D

Wrong.

Chinese food is better in Singapore.

Chocolate is better in Belgium.

Sushi is better in Japan.

Vodca is better in Russia.

However, it is pretty well known that for its price, US Beef is some of the best in the world. :o

have to correct u here UG, chinese food is much better in MALAYSIA!

Interestingly, 3 restaurants in Melbourne & Sydney consistently appear in "top 5" & "top 10" restaurant ratings.

The one in Melbourne is Chinese. The two in Sydney are a seafood place and a Japanese/French fusion.

At least McDonalds covers up their crap beef with "secret sauce". :o

It all taste the same to me, but according to their website, they tell you that their beef is nearly 80% fat free, which would likely account for zero taste.

" Meat and alternatives

Beef, fish, chicken and pork are important to balanced diet because the provide

protein, iron and other vital nutrients. At McDonald's, our lean juicy beef patties are

made from 100% pure beef with no additives, preservatives or fillers and are 79.5%

fat free. Our McChicken Sandwich and Chicken McNuggets are made from quality cuts of boneless, poultry; and Filet-O-Fish is cut from prime white Alaskan Pollock. McDonald's uses only high quality pork for our Samurai Pork Burger. You can enjoy the benefits of calcium, protein and Vitamin B-2 found in the milk and cheese that we use"

Edited by Ajarn

Me thinks that the patrons of Mike's at the Peak are a lot more interested in the "sights" than the food. It is surrounded by 100s of gay bars! :o

I think it is a 50/50 mix of gay and straight bars - the whole shebang only has about 20 bars tops. Down the road next to Foxy the bars have now become all gay. The food centre next to them has some ok - not great but decent value food there and has a little bar at the front with draught and bottled drinks on sale. Quite good value and a good viewing site. Haven't seen any Burgers there for sale though.

CB

Me thinks that the patrons of Mike's at the Peak are a lot more interested in the "sights" than the food. It is surrounded by 100s of gay bars! :D

Down the road next to Foxy the bars have now become all gay. Quite good value and a good viewing site. CB

???:o

Crowboy.. I am starting to worry about you mate..

I really don't care if a place is gay or straight - I can't be bothered to differentiate between them. If the place is fun then it is fun, if the place is boring or really crappy it is boring or really crappy. Some of the best bars in Thailand are gay and because I don't go there to find a new partner why should I worry? I am way too ugly (got in before you say it) for any gay to try and pick me up at a bar so I am safe, consequently I don't feel intimidated or worried about my gender preference.

Good to see you back in town sweetie :o

CB

Crowboy.. I am starting to worry about you mate..

I really don't care if a place is gay or straight - I can't be bothered to differentiate between them. If the place is fun then it is fun, if the place is boring or really crappy it is boring or really crappy. Some of the best bars in Thailand are gay and because I don't go there to find a new partner why should I worry? I am way too ugly (got in before you say it) for any gay to try and pick me up at a bar so I am safe, consequently I don't feel intimidated or worried about my gender preference.

Good to see you back in town sweetie :D

CB

Hook, line and sinker... :o

post-31110-1178619022_thumb.jpg

Why should chilli have no beans?--------------just interested.

Authenticity?

Terlingua Cookoff rules

Chili Appreciation Society International rules

History

Moral fiber or fecal fiber?

Are we still talking about a Mike's Burger?

:o

CB

I guess a piece of meat trapped between two buns could be described as a "hamburger"..

Oh I have missed you over the last 6 weeks.

So what about that mcdonalds character the hamburgler - he's a bit of a worry. Running around all the time looking for a pair of hot buns with a slab of meat and special sauce - oh er I can see us being put on holiday notice.

CB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

In Hang Dong there's a new restaurant near Baan Tawai junction, in the menu there are burgers, pizzas (pan-and thin), pasta..Thai food.

Also good coffee and ice cream. Nice place to sit next to a market.

Hi!

In Hang Dong there's a new restaurant near Baan Tawai junction, in the menu there are burgers, pizzas (pan-and thin), pasta..Thai food.

Also good coffee and ice cream. Nice place to sit next to a market.

Yours or the wife's by any chance? :o

Will check it out anyhow on my next trip down the Hang Dong Road. :D

JxP

New Mike's Burgers going up near Anusan Market.

Also, a very prominent resteraunt owner - not Mike, a competitor - claims that burgers at In - an -Out Burger in Hang Dong are TWICE as good as Mike's Burgers are these days. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.